Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• ideally we would have some bodies in by now... but lets face it we will probably get 3/4 done on the 31st. Just got to hope we can gain a few points in next 2 games!

• I'm hoping we are on to Chelsea for a loan as compensation for loss of Gallagher. Must be some leverage surely? 
    Or the opposite. There is a reason they recalled Gallagher, that reason still stands. 
  • se9addick said:
    I'm hoping we are on to Chelsea for a loan as compensation for loss of Gallagher. Must be some leverage surely? 
    With Chelsea? We have absolutely none, they fulfilled their contractual obligations. If we kick off then they’ll never loan us another player again.
    Who fucking cares.......maybe in the future they will want to borrow from us. B)
  • se9addick said:
    I'm hoping we are on to Chelsea for a loan as compensation for loss of Gallagher. Must be some leverage surely? 
    With Chelsea? We have absolutely none, they fulfilled their contractual obligations. If we kick off then they’ll never loan us another player again.
    The leverage we have with Chelsea is that we did a good job with Conor and didn't kick up a fuss or demanded compensation for them recalling him in the way they did.
  • At least Rola d brought in a few players in January 2014:-)
  • Can't see what Chelsea have done wrong ? They used the recall clause in the loan contract . Looks like Bowye r wasn't told before they did it which was disrespectful but not contractually wrong
  • se9addick said:
    The leverage we have with Chelsea is that we did a good job with Conor and didn't kick up a fuss or demanded compensation for them recalling him in the way they did.
    Do Chelsea see it that way? 
  • se9addick said:
    Who fucking cares.......maybe in the future they will want to borrow from us. B)
    Can’t believe they haven’t been in for Sarr yet TBH
  • Sponsored links:

• I would think they do unless we hear otherwise.
  • Why does this bloke talk in instalments? 
    Similar to Thuram except he used to go down in instalments 😉.
  • se9addick said:
    Demand compensation? For what? Although having said that we might have given it a whirl if Roland was in charge...
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    If I was Maddison I wouldn’t move until the summer, leave on a free and get paid a bigger salary/signing on fee.

It would be a bad deal for Peterborough because not only would I be depriving them of a transfer fee but I would also spend the rest of the season avoiding any situation that could lead to me being injured (including any sort of tackling) and ruining my pay day, but that’s the sort of guy I am.  
    Yep, so we ask Posh to reduce their transfer fee, in order to pay Maddison more.
    If they don't they will get nothing.

As it stands I've heard nothing to say any other club have met the break clause, so it's still only us allowed to talk to him.
    I doubt we’ve met the break clause either (which I understand to be £2.5M), we’ve just bid an amount that Peterborough are happy with rather than getting nothing in a few months.

If I’m Maddison then I’m thinking that every pound spent whatsoever by a team on a fee  for me in January is a pound less in my pocket if I wait until the summer. 

As I said, and unless his salary is going to double/triple, then I didn’t really know why Maddison would want to move now and miss the chance to be a free agent at a time when my stock is high, which is pretty much the ideal scenario from the perspective of a professional footballers earning potential.
    Apparently the release clause reduced as his contract ran down. MacAnthony also said the payment wasn't all up front but depending on appearance, promotion etc... Posh fans were speculating they'd get £750,000 tops.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    If I was Maddison I wouldn’t move until the summer, leave on a free and get paid a bigger salary/signing on fee.

It would be a bad deal for Peterborough because not only would I be depriving them of a transfer fee but I would also spend the rest of the season avoiding any situation that could lead to me being injured (including any sort of tackling) and ruining my pay day, but that’s the sort of guy I am.  
    Yep, so we ask Posh to reduce their transfer fee, in order to pay Maddison more.

As it stands I've heard nothing to say any other club have met the break clause, so it's still only us allowed to talk to him.
    I doubt we’ve met the break clause either (which I understand to be £2.5M), we’ve just bid an amount that Peterborough are happy with rather than getting nothing in a few months.

If I’m Maddison then I’m thinking that every pound spent whatsoever by a team on a fee  for me in January is a pound less in my pocket if I wait until the summer. 

As I said, and unless his salary is going to double/triple, then I didn’t really know why Maddison would want to move now and miss the chance to be a free agent at a time when my stock is high, which is pretty much the ideal scenario from the perspective of a professional footballers earning potential.
    Apparently the release clause reduced as his contract ran down. MacAnthony also said the payment wasn't all up front but depending on appearance, promotion etc... Posh fans were speculating they'd get £750,000 tops.
    Ah that’s interesting.

£750K still feels like a lot for a third tier player who only has a few months left on his deal but maybe that’s the price of apples these days! 
  • Sponsored links:

• compensation
    /kɒmpɛnˈseɪʃ(ə)n,kɒmp(ə)nˈseɪʃ(ə)n/
    noun
    1. 1. 
      something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Ah that’s interesting.

£750K still feels like a lot for a third tier player who only has a few months left on his deal but maybe that’s the price of apples these days! 
    And he sounds like a rotten apple.
  • Maddison is pushing 30 years of age, contracts he makes now are crucial for him as there won't be many more chances to really make some nice lo££y .. we are in competition and must pay the price or walk away
  • Maddison is pushing 30 years of age, contracts he makes now are crucial for him as there won't be many more chances to really make some nice lo££y .. we are in competition and must pay the price or walk away
    He's 26, Lincs. Should be approaching his prime.

• bobmunro said:
    Maddison is pushing 30 years of age, contracts he makes now are crucial for him as there won't be many more chances to really make some nice lo££y .. we are in competition and must pay the price or walk away
    He's 26, Lincs - pushing 30 is probably stretching it a bit too far.
    right, he's not so ancient as I thought ((:>)
  • Oggy Red said:
    Why does this bloke talk in instalments? 
    Because he writes for The Sun.
    He has to write short simple sentences so that Sun Readers can understand.

A bit like Janet and John books ..... "The cat sat on the mat".
    You know what I mean.

The Pap hid in the bush.