Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I’m confident that we will hit bottom three hopefully before a return to form and safety. We really are skating on thin ice. No guarantee returning players will hit the ground running or not relapse. No certainty that new players won’t take time to settle and perform. This season is very squeaky bum time. Relegation would be an absolute disaster.
    I'm confident if we drop into the bottom three we'll stay there.

The rest of your post is bang on.
  • Come on let's have a positive today 
    Even the tea lady on a extended new deal is more than we would have got under rowland
  • This is beginning to remind me of the Ben Reeves transfer saga. 2 clubs agree a deal, then the player stalls on signing in case someone else comes along with a better offer and then only when no better deal is forthcoming does the player sign.

From Maddison's point of view perfectly understandable but it doesn't inspire confidence he really wants to sign for us.
  • This is beginning to remind me of the Ben Reeves transfer saga. 2 clubs agree a deal, then the player stalls on signing in case someone else comes along with a better offer and then only when no better deal is forthcoming does the player sign.

From Maddison's point of view perfectly understandable but it doesn't inspire confidence he really wants to sign for us.
    It's all about the money - location, club and the chance of winning silverware are secondary.
  • edited January 2020
    This sums up the January window. The agent of every in demand player is telling their clients to wait until the last minute to try to squeeze every penny they can out of the most desperate bidders.

It’s all well and good telling the club / Gallen / Bowyer to give the player what they want but I highly doubt any player takes a good offer right away - they may even push their demands further. After all what’s another 500 quid p/w if we agreed to 1k?

It’s in their interest to wait and see what else develops.

Nothing that CAFC can do but wait.
    If that was the case no players would sign for a new club until the 31st Jan......but many clubs have already bought players so what you say doesn't hold water.
  • Lot of people hanging around the back of the Covered End waiting for Bostock to arrive
    Lol 🤣

Christ - I do hope he’s better than that
  • This sums up the January window. The agent of every in demand player is telling their clients to wait until the last minute to try to squeeze every penny they can out of the most desperate bidders.

It’s all well and good telling the club / Gallen / Bowyer to give the player what they want but I highly doubt any player takes a good offer right away - they may even push their demands further. After all what’s another 500 quid p/w if we agreed to 1k?

It’s in their interest to wait and see what else develops.

Nothing that CAFC can do but wait.
    If that was the case no players would sign for a new club until the 31st Jan......but many clubs have already bought players so what you say doesn't hold water.
    Exactly what do you mean by many?
    According to the latest figures the window has been abnormally quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Start of last week I remember posting that Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I reckon they at least had some tools to get started by now.

We are sacrificing two games for the long term, which will be shite if the short term is shite.  Surely we want to head into the Barnsley and stoke games without pressure, I’m not panicking but something should have been done before this weekend.

We will now end up rushing back the recovering players, so brace yourselves for more setbacks.  However you look at it, we are currently weaker now than we was Jan 1st squad wise.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    why the excitement over Bostock (age 28 lol) ? .. he's played 3 games in England in the past 7 or so years and if he is so terrific, why are Forest prepared to release him early form his loan period .. we might as well have kept Ledley .. are we at the stage when even the hint of getting in (say) a Macclesfield reserve right back sets us all off in a joyous frenzy ?
     Bostock is a massive upgrade on Ledley. I admit that's not saying much, but lets not shit on players just because they're not premier league or top 6 championship standard.
    Agreed, he changed the game at the valley earlier in the season, replacement for Kayal on loan I’d be happy.
    the man who really affected that game was Albert Adomah .. I'd welcome him with open arms, even though he is over 30
  • edited January 2020
    Remember when Bostock played for Spurs against us in the FA Youth Cup - they won 3-0 and he absolutely ran  the show with one goal from distance and another with his left and another with his right.

It all went rather downhill from there from him - if you exclude him finding God that is. As @Henry Irving will confirm "that must have been one hell of a pass!"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    why the excitement over Bostock (age 28 lol) ? .. he's played 3 games in England in the past 7 or so years and if he is so terrific, why are Forest prepared to release him early form his loan period .. we might as well have kept Ledley .. are we at the stage when even the hint of getting in (say) a Macclesfield reserve right back sets us all off in a joyous frenzy ?
     Bostock is a massive upgrade on Ledley. I admit that's not saying much, but lets not shit on players just because they're not premier league or top 6 championship standard.
    Wouldn’t say we are shitting on the lad, just hard to get enthusiastic about a sub for a team that we dominated this season. 
  • Start of last week I remember posting that Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I reckon they at least had some tools to get started by now.

We are sacrificing two games for the long term, which will be shite if the short term is shite.  Surely we want to head into the Barnsley and stoke games without pressure, I’m not panicking but something should have been done before this weekend.

We will now end up rushing back the recovering players, so brace yourselves for more setbacks.  However you look at it, we are currently weaker now than we was Jan 1st squad wise.
    Williams, JFC, Hemed, Cullen and Oztumer all in the squad for Saturday according to Bowyer so I’m sure we’re stronger than January 1st, I was starting to get a bit anxious but I’m a lot more confident that they’ll get this window right after just watching the press conference.
  • Cawley dismissed the Bostock move when it was first made 10 or so days ago.

Doesn't mean it's not true now though given how other moves haven't happened.
  • Not in MASSIVE trouble yet - still a few games to go before we can officially panic.
  • If we was too go down we would lose £5m for every season in league one.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    begs the question, how often have you seen him play other than a cameo 5 months ago ? . I am not saying he's rubbish, but his record in England is poor and I repeat, why are Forest letting him go ? .. I can't see him coming to the Valley and changing us into a promotion contender, oh that I am totally wrong .. And IF he does sign on, I'll wish him all the very best as I do with every player we sign
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Jamie19 said:
    Start of last week I remember posting that Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I reckon they at least had some tools to get started by now.

Williams, JFC, Hemed, Cullen and Oztumer all in the squad for Saturday according to Bowyer so I’m sure we’re stronger than January 1st, I was starting to get a bit anxious but I’m a lot more confident that they’ll get this window right after just watching the press conference.
    Hope you’re right, but we had Gallagher and Taylor in the starting team 2nd Jan, of the players you named only Williams is of the same calibre (Cullen won’t start).  Personally I think that makes us weaker starting XI, perhaps a stronger bench I’ll give you that. 
  • Does anybody know what the average salary is in the Championship?
    https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/how-much-do-championship-football-players-get-paid

from a couple of years ago .. could be kosher, could be estimate, could be a load of old bollox
    I shouldn't think it really matters.

Not many players will receive the 'average salary'. 
    Instead it'll be whatever each club will actually pay.

• Decent chance of Birmingham going down if they get a points deduction? Surely that works in our favour?