Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Another day, just a normal day, its getting quite tedious now :'(

In an ideal world, we will have a few signings in, at minimum to cement our place in this division so we can push on in the summer. Unless we have several of our injured players returning, who knows, but I am optimistic we will be ok. New owner effect, if RD was here I would be the opposite.

I would love us to go for Nikiteh, not sure how likely it is but he would be perfect. We need someone to score goals, obviously that wont solve everything but I would be very happy as a start. The next 2 games are quite winnable too that's the frustrating thing, fingers crossed!

• Covered End said: golfaddick said: Covered End said: Re us after Toffolo. I've heard we met their valuation.

Lincoln manager Michael Appleton says defender Harry Toffolo will only be allowed to leave the club this month if another side meets their valuation of the left-back.

Huddersfield made an offer for Toffolo in recent days - that’s despite a 'gentleman's agreement' between manager Danny Cowley and his former club when he left for Huddersfield in September that he would not make an approach for any of their players or staff until at least the end of this season.

It's thought the fee offered for Toffolo, who is also attracting interest from other Championship sides, was below Lincoln's valuation of the 24-year-old but discussions between the clubs are ongoing.
    I would have thought left back is the least of our worries. We current have Purrington & Dougherty to play there, as well as Page when he is fit. What we fecking need is a couple of strikers & midfielders who can run with the ball. As I've said numerous times today, you don't end up signing players in order of your priority.

What do you want us to do ?

Everything all agreed & medical done, but we don't sign him because we have a greater priority for a striker than a left wing back ? :-) 
    But we probably don't need to buy a left back in this window unless a very good deal available.  Absolutely try and sign a good one in the summer but shouldnt be a priority this window as we have reasonable options in that position
  • Talal said:
    Think this is how we will line up on Saturday (presuming Williams is fit enough to start)

Phillips
             Lockyer Oshi Sarr           
    Matthews Pratley Morgan Doughty
                      Williams
                 Green   Davison 

AMB Hemed Pearce Purrington Solly Dempsey Oztumer

You've missed Forster-Caskey whom my guess is more likely to start than Williams, purely because Williams is more valuable to us so will want to ease him in more gently. 
     We never ever used to spend 2 months getting players up to speed and it never seemed to be a problem. 
    Players never used to be honed athletes, with barely an ounce of fat on them.
    The days of  a piss up the night before, fry up for breakfast and fag at half time are long gone.
  • Think for Maddison we need to bite the bullet and if we are going to be serious contenders then imo it’s not worth squabbling over a few grand a week. I understand re upsetting squad harmony & setting your stall out how you mean to continue but it raises the question how ambitious are we?!  Or maybe Southall just knows what he is doing & is correct in his stance!  
  • RedChaser said:
    So the undertaking Cowley gave Lincoln when he took the manager's job at Huddersfield not to poach any of their players for the rest of this season was just hot air then 😏.
    His argument will be that he is leaving Lincoln one way or another, so he hasn’t actually poached him if The Imps were willing to accept offers..........he has a point there I guess.
    No doubt but it says a lot about the blokes integrity, still he won't be bothered about that like many other shisters who graced the beautiful game with their presence.

In an ideal world, we will have a few signings in, at minimum to cement our place in this division so we can push on in the summer. Unless we have several of our injured players returning, who knows, but I am optimistic we will be ok. New owner effect, if RD was here I would be the opposite.

I would love us to go for Nikiteh, not sure how likely it is but he would be perfect. We need someone to score goals, obviously that wont solve everything but I would be very happy as a start. The next 2 games are quite winnable too that's the frustrating thing, fingers crossed!

Think there is a link somewhere saying that Nikiteh is off to Bristol City. I am sure that we will be ok long term, but it does look as if being at the wrong end of the championship and not paying up on wages is hampering us in getting some of the guys over the line.
  • stonemuse said:
    We are in massive trouble. 

I get that Southall is in a tricky position, we don't want to offer decent money and then find ourselves in League 1, but this is similar to the summer where we are missing out on decent players because we can't offer that bit extra. 
    We are not in massive trouble ... Lee about to sign, a number of players being looked at, players returning from injury, 5 points clear of relegation and a better goal difference. 

I like your rose tinted glasses, but Lee hasn't signed, neither have any players. None of the returning players are match fit and we're in relegation form.
    Plus we've just been told our new owners dont yet own our stadium.
    I hope come Jan 31st we have turned a corner, but the proof is in the pudding.
  • mart77 said:
    Not really a rumour but this player has started following the Charlton twitter. Seemed random.

Great name
  • Sponsored links:

Think there is a link somewhere saying that Nikiteh is off to Bristol City. I am sure that we will be ok long term, but it does look as if being at the wrong end of the championship and not paying up on wages is hampering us in getting some of the guys over the line.
    Arsenal said last night he is staying with them for the rest of the season 
  • Time to purchase more polythene undersheets. 
  • CAFCDB said:

Another day, just a normal day, its getting quite tedious now :'(

Arsenal said last night he is staying with them for the rest of the season 
    I think that is a decent call from them. They are having a crap season and may have the opportunity to try to integrate him.
  • cafc_se7 said:

I get that Southall is in a tricky position, we don't want to offer decent money and then find ourselves in League 1, but this is similar to the summer where we are missing out on decent players because we can't offer that bit extra. 
    Not that we should be comparing ourselves to other sides but we are ahead of the pack and the other teams around us bar hudders are hardly strengthening.....do you want to know why? Because the January window is always complicated and difficult...it’s only been mentioned by football pundits, managers and owners for the last decade.......

Just chill out and be patient!! We wanted rid of Duchatelet, we have.....
    Its always about the next thing...

Roland out
    Bowyer’s contract
    Signings
    Stay up
    Buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane
    Signings
    Promotion push
    etc

The cycle never ends
  • stonemuse said:

We are not in massive trouble ... Lee about to sign, a number of players being looked at, players returning from injury, 5 points clear of relegation and a better goal difference. 

I think any team that’s won one match in months is in a fair bit of trouble. Still have faith that bowyer will steer us out of it if he’s given the resources
  • cafc_se7 said:

Not that we should be comparing ourselves to other sides but we are ahead of the pack and the other teams around us bar hudders are hardly strengthening.....do you want to know why? Because the January window is always complicated and difficult...it’s only been mentioned by football pundits, managers and owners for the last decade.......

Perfectly chilled thank you very much, just think we are in trouble. 
  • stonemuse said:

I agree that moment we are not in massive trouble at the moment. But we could well be in a couple of games time. 6 points to play for between now and the close of the transfer window. Bowyer signing the contract is vital - we have more chance of getting players in when his future is secure. Even when that is done, and players sign, it’s going to take time to get them settled in. The longer we take to get players in the more games that will have passed. I just hope we don’t get to a couple of days before the window closes and we panic buy. 
    People keep saying “it’s ok Cullen, Williams, Taylor, and Hemed are back soon” That’s all well and good, but they may well break down again.
    Absolutely this. It just seems so similar to the summer at the minute. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    cafc_se7 said:

Its always about the next thing...

Roland out
    Bowyer’s contract
    Signings
    Stay up
    Buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane
    Signings
    Promotion push
    etc

The cycle never ends
    Image result for endless sisyphus gif
  • I see Peterborough have signed Szmodics on loan from Bristol City, preparing for Maddisons Exit maybe
  • I'm sorry, really sorry but I've just realised that all the blame for the lack of signings lies with three people.

@Scoham @AFKABartram and that @Henry Irving

Every transfer window these three post an updated squad list.

And as soon as they post it someone leaves or signs. Its strong magic.

But this window?  No updated list so no transfers in.
    Just not good enough! Why no update for Green? Can't understand what you get up to all day, I want it and I want it now! 😉
  • I'm sorry, really sorry but I've just realised that all the blame for the lack of signings lies with three people.

You are wrong, Kayal, Gallagher, Leko have left, so it does work without the updates  :)
  • ross1 said:
    I'm sorry, really sorry but I've just realised that all the blame for the lack of signings lies with three people.

You are wrong, Kayal, Gallagher, Leko have left, so it does work without the updates  :)
    Loans.  Different type of magic
  • I'm hoping we are on to Chelsea for a loan as compensation for loss of Gallagher. Must be some leverage surely?