Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Think this is how we will line up on Saturday (presuming Williams is fit enough to start)

Phillips
             Lockyer Oshi Sarr           
    Matthews Pratley Morgan Doughty
                      Williams
                 Green   Davison 

AMB Hemed Pearce Purrington Solly Dempsey Oztumer

You've missed Forster-Caskey whom my guess is more likely to start than Williams, purely because Williams is more valuable to us so will want to ease him in more gently. 
  • edited January 2020
    That quote glitch is proper annoying. In response to it being a league 1 team I've seen us line up far better in league 1.

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    If I was Maddison I wouldn’t move until the summer, leave on a free and get paid a bigger salary/signing on fee.

It would be a bad deal for Peterborough because not only would I be depriving them of a transfer fee but I would also spend the rest of the season avoiding any situation that could lead to me being injured (including any sort of tackling) and ruining my pay day, but that’s the sort of guy I am.  
    Yep, so we ask Posh to reduce their transfer fee, in order to pay Maddison more.
    If they don't they will get nothing.

As it stands I've heard nothing to say any other club have met the break clause, so it's still only us allowed to talk to him.
    I doubt we’ve met the break clause either (which I understand to be £2.5M), we’ve just bid an amount that Peterborough are happy with rather than getting nothing in a few months.

If I’m Maddison then I’m thinking that every pound spent whatsoever by a team on a fee  for me in January is a pound less in my pocket if I wait until the summer. 

As I said, and unless his salary is going to double/triple, then I didn’t really know why Maddison would want to move now and miss the chance to be a free agent at a time when my stock is high, which is pretty much the ideal scenario from the perspective of a professional footballers earning potential.

Think this is spot on. Unless its a take it or leave it from a club he really wants to join .........
    It’s possible, clubs in the Championship spend crazy amounts of money if they think the Premier League is in reach. If someone thinks he’s fundamental to them getting up they might offer him something mad like £20K a week which, in the more sober times of the summer window, he might not be able to get even as a free agent. 

Doesn’t feel like we’re going to be one of the teams throwing silly money around, in fact it feels right now like we won’t be throwing any money around whatsoever! 
  • Has JFC had more U23 game time? he has been out for a while and needs his return managed and monitored the same as any over player.
  • sounds like a case of we will not increase offer and he is holding firm for now but if no other team comes in he may be prepared to accept. 
    Same situation as Taylor. Wait out the next 6 months & get a bigger signing on fee or move now.
  • Talal said:
    Think this is how we will line up on Saturday (presuming Williams is fit enough to start)

Phillips
             Lockyer Oshi Sarr           
    Matthews Pratley Morgan Doughty
                      Williams
                 Green   Davison 

AMB Hemed Pearce Purrington Solly Dempsey Oztumer

You've missed Forster-Caskey whom my guess is more likely to start than Williams, purely because Williams is more valuable to us so will want to ease him in more gently. 
    This easing people in is running out of time.... we are fucked. Williams has been training for a good while... he has come off the bench. Get him in the line up. Even if for 60 mins - then bring on Oztumer for him. Hemed has been training for ages, and he is a proven Champ marksman. Get him in. Get Cullen on for the last 20 mins, and then start next week for 60 mins.

We need 3 points and we need them urgently. We never ever used to spend 2 months getting players up to speed and it never seemed to be a problem. 

We need to be naming a proper champ team and not a poor league 1 line up if we want any chance of winning any given game. 
  • Has JFC had more U23 game time? he has been out for a while and needs his return managed and monitored the same as any over player.
    Nope - Aneke appears to be the first player to play for the U23s (will be on Saturday) before being in contention for the first team
    I get that but it looks as though one of them will be thrown in otherwise it's Morgan and Dempsey. My guess is that it'll be JFC over Williams but it is just that, a guess. I suppose Hemed could start and Green play midfield but not sure how well he'd do playing more central. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Has JFC had more U23 game time? he has been out for a while and needs his return managed and monitored the same as any over player.
    I get that but it looks as though one of them will be thrown in otherwise it's Morgan and Dempsey. My guess is that it'll be JFC over Williams but it is just that, a guess. I suppose Hemed could start and Green play midfield but not sure how well he'd do playing more central. 
    Hemed could always start ahead of Davison I suppose
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see Oshilaja play alongside Pratley, to start the game anyway 
  • I took from LB's press conference that its he and Gallen who are being careful with the purse rather than just ESI.

If another club come in for Maddison now, then i think we will go back in with a better offer, but at the moment LB & SG are happy to wait 12-14 days.
    Well, if that is the case then anyone going to Preston should not bother & look at getting a refund as the game is a write off as far as I'm concerned 

The fact we have then PURPOSELY  re-arranged the Fulham match for the earliest possible date is even more baffling. Dont worry, because we then have 10 days to prepare for our next match. 
  • Talal said:
    Has JFC had more U23 game time? he has been out for a while and needs his return managed and monitored the same as any over player.
    Hemed could always start ahead of Davison I suppose
    Possibly but don't expect it just yet. There's always the ultra defensive option which is Pearce at the back, Oshilaja in midfield. *shudders*

• Seems location isn’t the issue / more the money
  • edited January 2020
    Somebody said they thought Maddison was using Charlton to get a move elsewhere to the Posh owner, this was the reply....(Zach was the Charlton supporters name on Twitter).

• PopIcon said:
    cfgs said:
    Somebody said they thought Maddison was using Charlton to get a move elsewhere to the Posh owner, this was the reply....(Zach was the Charlton supporters name on Twitter).

I dont trust a word that comes out of MacAnthony's mouth. I think it is very unprofessional playing these transfers out on social media.
    Apparently he also told Maddison to go to Charlton as it would be an 'awesome move'
  • That is quite sad that a player that would move up to the Championship and come down to London and was buzzing to meet Lee Bowyer doesn't sign because of money.
    If this is a 1 or 2k difference then we aren't just doing small steps but may be walking in the wrong direction.
  • Sponsored links:

• I took from LB's press conference that its he and Gallen who are being careful with the purse rather than just ESI.

If another club come in for Maddison now, then i think we will go back in with a better offer, but at the moment LB & SG are happy to wait 12-14 days.
    Well, if that is the case then anyone going to Preston should not bother & look at getting a refund as the game is a write off as far as I'm concerned 

The fact we have then PURPOSELY  re-arranged the Fulham match for the earliest possible date is even more baffling. Dont worry, because we then have 10 days to prepare for our next match. 
    Like playing top of the table WBA was a write-off?

Seriously, why do you bother if its such a fucking chore for you all the time.
    It can be a chore at times. There is always a chance but we are talking about a very slim chance and whilst we can't criticise any of the players, nor the manager, we have only won one in 15 and we can respect that it might not be great fun watching that.
  • Thought that would be the case, based on his insta posts etc he hardly seems the type to give two hoots about the area or team he plays for, it's all about massaging his ego and Bowyer has top man management skills. I'm sorry but if this deal can't get done I'll be fuming. 

I wouldn't mind if our chairman kept quiet and said we won't be spending wonga, but don't go on sky sports name dropping players your fan base wants and bait people on social media only to miss out because you wouldn't stump up an extra grand a week. Again each to their own but if we miss out on a player we wanted to a rival championship team after all the talk that's been said so far that is a poor start to the new reign.

It's like when you match the worldy on tinder and after a few days of solid talking nothing comes of it, don't be that girl on tinder Matt mate 
  • We are in massive trouble. 

I get that Southall is in a tricky position, we don't want to offer decent money and then find ourselves in League 1, but this is similar to the summer where we are missing out on decent players because we can't offer that bit extra. 
  • RedChaser said:
    So the undertaking Cowley gave Lincoln when he took the manager's job at Huddersfield not to poach any of their players for the rest of this season was just hot air then 😏.
    His argument will be that he is leaving Lincoln one way or another, so he hasn’t actually poached him if The Imps were willing to accept offers..........he has a point there I guess.
  • Can't blame a player for not signing a contract if the manager can't even get one that is "right". 

• Yes, If others are in for him it doesn't sound like poaching. Would be interesting to know what Lincoln fans think.