Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I tell ya, we’re gonna end up with Robbie Mustoe and Jesper Blomvquist    
  • Starting to get a bit frustrated. I have faith in Bows and Gallen.. but all these negotiations seem to be mind bogglingly slow and so far unsuccessful by the looks of it. 

Not one thing that was suggested would be a priority.. contract for Lyle, LB etc has happened.. and 1 incoming player when in reality we probably need 5+ 

• So far I don't see the benefit of rushing to get in during January.

• I can't help but feel that Maddison is using us as leverage for a better deal elsewhere, so I don't expect him to sign.  I also expect he won't be the only one that will play this game.  As such, patience is required; I expect player deals to be closer to the closing of the transfer window as there is so much double-dealing/bullshitting going on and it is going to take a while to sort the wheat from the chaff.....

Keep cool everyone, we'll be alright.
  • BBC reporter who covers Brum seems to think they haven’t had a bid accepted and are trying to haggle over a player + cash deal. If true, the second bid accepted must have come from a third unnamed club.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    I have heard 3 names from various sources - 1 more reliable than others I must add. -  ill put the 3 names it ive heard -  Scott Fraser from Burton , Billy Gilmour ( loan from Chelsea ) - Matej Vydra. 
    This post has 12 likes. I know we are desperate for signings but this is 100% made up rubbish.

My personal favourite is his post about a medical a few days ago.
    Would you like to discuss in private ?? 
    No it’s fairly simple. You make stuff up.

According to your post history we should’ve signed Nketiah, Parrott and Hogan all in the last 6 months. 

One of your names may be right, who knows, but all you’re doing is taking names off of Twitter and from other weird sources and claiming them as your own.

It’s amazing how fictional rumours seem to give some people such a kick.
    Thanks for going back through my post history - most appreciated. - Hogan was only in this window not 6 months ago but don't want to appear pedantic. 

Thanks also for reading all my posts - lets see who is proved correct. -  ill await an apology from you when any come to fruition. 

Too many people like yourself on this forum promoting negativity. - thought that gold sold when Roland left a few weeks ago - but the smell still lingers strongly with some people. 

Step up to the plate and contribute and not criticise. 
    This will be my last reply because I don’t want to fill up this thread with anymore nonsense.

If contributing is classed as logging on to your parents computer to make up false rumours I’d rather not.

I think it’s very clear you don’t have any type of source at the club. I will happily apologise when I see Mattej Vydra announced on the OS. Looking forward to seeing how he plays alongside Nketiah and Parrott and whoever else you decide is signing for us.

To be fair, we did want Nketiah before he went to Leeds, and I had heard at the beginning of the month about possible interest/opportunity of Vydra on loan.

Of course, they might have rehashed it from me or elsewhere, but that cannot be proven. The only way someone gains credibility is when something comes off. I’ve been fortunate enough to have information about things before and give in-depth comments as to what I know. That doesn’t mean others or everyone else makes things up. We simply do not know. 
  • Mild panic is starting to creep into the posting of normally sanguine members, so I pity the slightly more pessimistic ones.

@golfaddick are you ok? 

;)

Exactly this.
    Williams  Hemed Cullen and Forster Caskey are all about to return. 
    Leave rebuilding the squad until the summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    I have heard 3 names from various sources - 1 more reliable than others I must add. -  ill put the 3 names it ive heard -  Scott Fraser from Burton , Billy Gilmour ( loan from Chelsea ) - Matej Vydra. 
    This post has 12 likes. I know we are desperate for signings but this is 100% made up rubbish.

According to your post history we should’ve signed Nketiah, Parrott and Hogan all in the last 6 months. 

One of your names may be right, who knows, but all you’re doing is taking names off of Twitter and from other weird sources and claiming them as your own.

Thanks for going back through my post history - most appreciated. - Hogan was only in this window not 6 months ago but don't want to appear pedantic. 

Thanks also for reading all my posts - lets see who is proved correct. -  ill await an apology from you when any come to fruition. 

Too many people like yourself on this forum promoting negativity. - thought that gold sold when Roland left a few weeks ago - but the smell still lingers strongly with some people. 

This will be my last reply because I don’t want to fill up this thread with anymore nonsense.

If contributing is classed as logging on to your parents computer to make up false rumours I’d rather not.

I think it’s very clear you don’t have any type of source at the club. I will happily apologise when I see Mattej Vydra announced on the OS. Looking forward to seeing how he plays alongside Nketiah and Parrott and whoever else you decide is signing for us.

To be fair, we did want Nketiah before he went to Leeds, and I had heard at the beginning of the month about possible interest/opportunity of Vydra on loan.

Of course, they might have rehashed it from me or elsewhere, but that cannot be proven. The only way someone gains credibility is when something comes off. I’ve been fortunate enough to have information about things before and give in-depth comments as to what I know. That doesn’t mean others or everyone else makes things up. We simply do not know. 
    You are credible because you don’t post drivel. A lot of stuff from the good sources on here is reported by Cawley etc etc.

Posting about knowing a mate who’s asked to set up a medical for Hogan, when that name has not been mentioned by one other soul, clearly shows he’s just living in some fictional little world of his own.
  • BBC reporter who covers Brum seems to think they haven’t had a bid accepted and are trying to haggle over a player + cash deal. If true, the second bid accepted must have come from a third unnamed club.
    I thought the third team was Hull but I may be mistaken. I believe Middlesbrough wanted him too and the Randolph money this week may have helped that. Gawd know though! 
  • edited January 2020
    BBC reporter who covers Brum seems to think they haven’t had a bid accepted and are trying to haggle over a player + cash deal. If true, the second bid accepted must have come from a third unnamed club.
  • edited January 2020

Sung to the tune of Lazy Sunday Afternoon by The Small Faces.

A wouldn't it be nice to get on with me neighbours
    But they make it very clear
    They've got no room for rumours
    They stop me from posting, they bang on me wall
    They doing me crust in, it's no good at all - ah

Lazy Friday afternoon
    I've got a mind to worry
    I close my eyes and dream of Maddison

Here we all are sittin' in a forum
    Gor blimey hello Mrs. Soapy Jones
    How's old Henry’s lumbago? He mustn't grumble
    Tweedle dee bite
    I'll spin you a yarn cos I’m in the know
    Tweedle dee bite
    To wind you all up while I piss in the loo - oh yeah

Lazy Friday afternoon-a - tweedle dee bite - tweedle dee bite - tweedle dee bite
    I've got a mind to worry - yeah - I've got a mind to worry
    Close my eyes and dream of Maddison

Root-de-doo-de-doo, a-root-de-doot-de doy di

• I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Lots of frustrated comments that we've only got Green in on loan (yes I'm frustrated as well).

But most clubs and players are still mid auction and are waiting for higher bids. 

The majority of deals happens when the auction is coming to a close ie in the last few days and specifically on the final day.

Surely we all know this if we're honest ?
    Bump.
  • edited January 2020
    I know it's been said and joked a lot but the next two weeks really are crucial now, transfer window closes two weeks today.
  • I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Lots of frustrated comments that we've only got Green in on loan (yes I'm frustrated as well).

But most clubs and players are still mid auction and are waiting for higher bids. 

The majority of deals happens when the auction is coming to a close ie in the last few days and specifically on the final day.

Bump.
    Well said.
    You going tomorrow mate 

Exactly this.
    So these players are ready to play 90  minutes Blackpool?
    Why the rush to takeover in January?
  • clb74 said:
    So far I don't see the benefit of rushing to get in during January.

Exactly this.
    Shut up.
    You wearing shorts tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Exactly this.
    Shut up.
    He's a brave lad if he does 😉
  • Laddick01 said:
    Sage said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

You are credible because you don’t post drivel. A lot of stuff from the good sources on here is reported by Cawley etc etc.

Posting about knowing a mate who’s asked to set up a medical for Hogan, when that name has not been mentioned by one other soul, clearly shows he’s just living in some fictional little world of his own.
    Fair enough. I haven’t kept track of who says what to be completely honest, just that he mentioned Vydra which I had heard of before. As said, it might be rehashed, it might not be. Anyway, doesn’t matter because no one is signing until Monday at the earliest.

Bump.
    Well said.
    You going tomorrow mate 
    No, I've been to Preston before and I'm not a fan.
    I find the town and the stadium a bit soulless.
    Stoke's my next away.
  • An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

That's the spirit! Might I remind you that we got a very creditable draw against the league leaders last Saturday?
    Wins are overrated. 
  • RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:

Exactly this.
    Shut up.
    No choice, he does not own any trousers.
  • mart77 said:
    BBC reporter who covers Brum seems to think they haven’t had a bid accepted and are trying to haggle over a player + cash deal. If true, the second bid accepted must have come from a third unnamed club.
    I thought the third team was Hull but I may be mistaken. I believe Middlesbrough wanted him too and the Randolph money this week may have helped that. Gawd know though! 
    A replacement for Bowen presumably, a lot of moves are waiting for the PM clubs to set the ball rolling
  • Matt Southall's version of '7 Days':

I met Lee Bowyer on Monday
    Talked about the contract on Tuesday
    Had another discussion on Wednesday
    And on Thursday and Friday not Saturday 
    Blanked him Sunday

This needs to be sung tomorrow, class 
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:

Exactly this.
    Shut up.
    No choice, he does not own any trousers.
    Lend him some of yours, ankle swingers are coming back into fashion 😉
  • An absolute shite week down at CAFC, Preston/Fulham game forfeited, Gallagher gone.  Genuinely thought we’d have two through the door minimum this week instead we are -1.

That's the spirit! Might I remind you that we got a very creditable draw against the league leaders last Saturday?
    Wins are overrated. 

There is a middle ground between winning and "forfeiting" a game though - it's called competing and is something that Bowyer's teams are very good at, whatever relative shortfall in talent they may be handicapped by. We're actually above Preston in the form table, despite everything.