Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    What about Tom Carroll from Swansea? 

He looks on the way out now as does the left back Declan John who kept Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins out of the Welsh squad a couple of years ago. 
    Please no. Technically good but passes sideways all the time and isn’t strong in the tackle. We don’t need him. Swansea fans on their forums don’t rate him. 
  • clb74 said:
    I would like to add that the January transfer window can be a bit like an auction.

Lots of frustrated comments that we've only got Green in on loan (yes I'm frustrated as well).

But most clubs and players are still mid auction and are waiting for higher bids. 

The majority of deals happens when the auction is coming to a close ie in the last few days and specifically on the final day.

Surely we all know this if we're honest ?
    Bump.
    So were going to leave it to the last minute to get a few players in?

What we normally do, shouldn't be allowed this window. IF Taylor is going to stay till the end of the season then we don't get tempted on the 31Janurary by a 3, 4 or 5 million by a desperate team in the bottom 5 of the premier. If Taylor goes we have a replacement of the same status who may will be younger, by the 26th January.
    Just fed up with Cafc being a joke club. We have a fantastic chance with Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen, Euell, Avory, Marshall and the other coaches taking us to the next level as long as young players aren't continually sold. I could understand Joe Gomez leaving for 10 million at 18, but 3.5 million release clause was ridiculous. I was told by Joe Pigott's dad that Joe Gomez was the outstanding academy player when he was 14. I saw him play at 15 and he just glided over the ground. I saw Gomez play at the pre season matches in the Mijas hills at 16 and he was destined for the top. The Joe Aribo's of the future need to have a future under this owner at Cafc. If not, we are doomed to mediocrity. 
    Expect the unexpected.
    The owners and management know the chances of Taylor staying on.
    As you say what happens if a £4 million bid comes in for Taylor.
    If they know he wont be here in the summer would they turn the offer down.
    If theres a good chance his going be mad to turn the offer down.
    If we dont get someone else in could we let him go.

• 60 new posts of total bobbins 
  • Hearts have terminated Glenn Whelan's contract and Christophe Berra needs to look for a new club. 
  • Richard J said:
    Hearts have terminated Glenn Whelan's contract and Christophe Berra needs to look for a new club. 
    We are better than Hearts.
  • edited January 2020
    Richard J said:
    Hearts have terminated Glenn Whelan's contract and Christophe Berra needs to look for a new club. 
    We are better than Hearts.
    Yeah, but shouldn't we just get in Glen Whelan because he's better than Vennings ?

No we shouldn't, not unless the window's closing and we haven't been able to get better.
    Joe Ledley worked out well.
    If you get in lesser players, you'll likely be stuck with them for next season as well, possibly longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?
  • robroy said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Not that I ever thought we were in for him.
    Not being funny. Only knew who this lad was two days ago. It is what it is, I’ve supported Charlton 34 plus years and we’re not meant to enjoy 98% of the time.

just wait for that 2% of joy every 20 years. 

#Relax 

also what pub for Preston?
    All of them to drown our sorrows 
  • hasnt Kermogant semi-retired to France? 

heard there is a vacancy to run a carp fishing business …….
    Not yet theres not
    Also there was rumours of players being signed that hasn't happened either
  • Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?
    It’s like the takeover! We announced it way too early and should have waited for the approval from the EFL.
    maddison fee agreed, who cares, we only want the news when the players signed.
    Just gets everyone at it on the keyboards.
    we all panic and then it happens.
    Feb 1st is when we know how we are set, but now we are all shitting ourselves cos we’ve got cash unlike the Roland era!
    At least we are competitive in the market now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bit concerned with Maddison and his 4am Instagram posts from the gym.

Not sure I want a player that's up all hours not exactly advertising the healthy lifestyle needed to be a professional athlete.
    Yeah agreed he seems to do that quite often atleast he’s in the gym I guess lol.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure I want a player that's up all hours not exactly advertising the healthy lifestyle needed to be a professional athlete.
    Yeah agreed he seems to do that quite often atleast he’s in the gym I guess lol.
    Or the tatoo parlour.

• Dazzler21 said:

He's one of the best players in league one, I'm sure he's fine... 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?
    It’s like the takeover! We announced it way too early and should have waited for the approval from the EFL.
    Feb 1st is when we know how we are set, but now we are all shitting ourselves cos we’ve got cash unlike the Roland era!

The trouble is we don't know if we are competitive in the market now. Currently we have only heard words but seen nothing to back it up yet. 

The only thing that is stopping me being too worried at the moment is that HE is invested but all we have seen so far is PR puff.
  • Dazzler21 said:

To look at it a different way, loads of people didn’t know that BWP was up all hours playing Xbox but was still scoring goals for us in League One.

I think if we do sign Maddison, his habits will change because the players get monitored with how much sleep and quality sleep they have each night. Through an app and a simple little blood test says all the medical staff need to know. If he were to sign, he would get quickly found out, fined, and probably not play. That’s where Bowyer would put him right, especially as Bowyer can talk a bit from experience of his younger days. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

It’s not as if he’s a Tony Watt who’s had the occasional good run of form. He’s consistently scored and created goals for Posh in the 5/6 years he’s been there. To add to that in the previous 4 seasons he’s made 40+ appearances. Williams, Oztumer and Aneke haven’t been able to play as much as that, never mind with that sort of end product to go with it.
  • IanJRO said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?

The trouble is we don't know if we are competitive in the market now. Currently we have only heard words but seen nothing to back it up yet. 

The only thing that is stopping me being too worried at the moment is that HE is invested but all we have seen so far is PR puff.
    To have a bid accepted we must have put something decent on the table.
    I don’t believe we offered the release clause trigger of 2.5m though.
    some are reporting that
    In my eyes that’s something we couldn’t have done under the old git.
  • Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:

To look at it a different way, loads of people didn’t know that BWP was up all hours playing Xbox but was still scoring goals for us in League One.

I think if we do sign Maddison, his habits will change because the players get monitored with how much sleep and quality sleep they have each night. Through an app and a simple little blood test says all the medical staff need to know. If he were to sign, he would get quickly found out, fined, and probably not play. That’s where Bowyer would put him right, especially as Bowyer can talk a bit from experience of his younger days. 
    If Maddison reads your post Sage - it'll put the fear of God in him.

It might be an easier ride at Birmingham. :smile:

• edited January 2020
    CafcSCP said:
    IanJRO said:
    CafcSCP said:

To have a bid accepted we must have put something decent on the table.
    I don’t believe we offered the release clause trigger of 2.5m though.
    some are reporting that
    In my eyes that’s something we couldn’t have done under the old git.
    As you say we don't know that the bid was £2.5m and we don't know what the contract offer was. 

Not saying we didn't bid competitively but just that currently we have no actual evidence of ESIs intent. Just words so far.