Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if its us that he wants to join but wants to string along the fact we've got Middle East owners now

After all the Peterborough owner said that Maddison was "buzzing" after meeting Bowyer (the effect that Gallen has mentioned so many times I bet)
    If,as rumour has it,he's also failed to agree terms with birmingham then i would say he's stringing people along until he gets the desired move to a north east team? If he was that 'buzzing' to join Charlton i think he would've met somewhere in the middle re terms by now. Im sure Bow and Gallen are looking at other targets now.
  • Options
    Three types of player
    1, Up and coming young player who shows promise .
    2, Someone who could cost the earth and break our pay scale.
    3,Someone who wants to play for the club and the management team.

I would take 1 and 3 all the time.

Gallen has contacts far and wide not just in europe if he and Bowyer work hand in hand all could fall into place for the rest of the season and for the next few years as well.
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?
    It’s like the takeover! We announced it way too early and should have waited for the approval from the EFL.
    maddison fee agreed, who cares, we only want the news when the players signed.
    Just gets everyone at it on the keyboards.
    we all panic and then it happens.
    Feb 1st is when we know how we are set, but now we are all shitting ourselves cos we’ve got cash unlike the Roland era!
    At least we are competitive in the market now.

The trouble is we don't know if we are competitive in the market now. Currently we have only heard words but seen nothing to back it up yet. 

The only thing that is stopping me being too worried at the moment is that HE is invested but all we have seen so far is PR puff.
    Invested what ? The Belgian said he would give the club away for nothing. So far it looks like ESI haven't spent anything ?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Starting to go off this signing reading about his attitude.
    Most definitely. I’d honestly pull the plug on it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    stonemuse said:
    Starting to go off this signing reading about his attitude.
    Yeah how dare he not rush into a decision.

Might have an attitude but it’s not an issue for Bowyer and Gallen, neither has it stopped him from playing regularly, scoring and creating goals throughout his career.
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Why is it when other clubs are linked with a player within a day theres a picture of them wearing their new teams shirt yet us it's always a week of rumours then nothing?
    It’s like the takeover! We announced it way too early and should have waited for the approval from the EFL.
    maddison fee agreed, who cares, we only want the news when the players signed.
    Just gets everyone at it on the keyboards.
    we all panic and then it happens.
    Feb 1st is when we know how we are set, but now we are all shitting ourselves cos we’ve got cash unlike the Roland era!
    At least we are competitive in the market now.

The trouble is we don't know if we are competitive in the market now. Currently we have only heard words but seen nothing to back it up yet. 

The only thing that is stopping me being too worried at the moment is that HE is invested but all we have seen so far is PR puff.
    Invested what ? The Belgian said he would give the club away for nothing. So far it looks like ESI haven't spent anything ?
    Is invested financially (responsible for running costs) and personally (reputation, status etc).  Besides they will be purchasing the rest and are contractually obliged to do so. I am pretty sure the EFL wouldn't have signed off without knowledge they have both the intention and means to complete the full purchase
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Posh fans all slag Maddison off for only turning up for 1 in 5 games - but his assists and goals record is better than ANYONE in the league over the past 5 seasons. He’s clearly extremely talented.
    he may well prefer to go back up north but he has a young family and they may not want to...

He’s got an offer from us, he’s allegedly looked at Birmingham and they can’t agree.  I suspect this isn’t yet over. And Christ knows we need some creativity, goals and pace all of which he has!

really couldn’t give a toss if he’s a bit of a nobhead on social media - he’s paid to play football and he’s fucking good at it

Its quite amusing... People hate Footballers who come out after games and say the same old scripted crap

Funnily they also cant stand the other type of Footballers who have a personality!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Posh fans all slag Maddison off for only turning up for 1 in 5 games - but his assists and goals record is better than ANYONE in the league over the past 5 seasons. He’s clearly extremely talented.
    he may well prefer to go back up north but he has a young family and they may not want to...

He’s got an offer from us, he’s allegedly looked at Birmingham and they can’t agree.  I suspect this isn’t yet over. And Christ knows we need some creativity, goals and pace all of which he has!

really couldn’t give a toss if he’s a bit of a nobhead on social media - he’s paid to play football and he’s fucking good at it

Its quite amusing... People hate Footballers who come out after games and say the same old scripted crap

Funnily they also cant stand the other type of Footballers who have a personality!!
    Troy Deeney made me laugh today, interviewed after the game and was asked about his missed penalty and his response was "I'm not gonna apologise for missing it, I have scored enough winning goals before and will take the next one"
  • Options
    So frustrating, I like what Southall says re not being ripped off and sustainability but if he doesn’t act soon then we’re in trouble. He says they bought the club in time for the transfer window & 18 days in nothing! His a former agent and knows how it works so would’ve thought deals would be already agreed & lined up!  All talk and hot air so far, needs to act now! 
  • Options
    Panic signings are signings like Joe Ledley... no thanks.
  • Options
    at the end of the day we need a lot of signings. i understand matt southall wants it to be ‘sustainable’ but we need to pay over the odds for certain players now. staying in the championship will be better, money wise, than being in league 1, even if we have to pay extra for certain players
  • Options
    No guarantees you get better players by paying more money. Glad we didn't panic and give Joe Ledley a six month deal.

I remember when we panicked and gave Roger Johnson 18 months...
  • Options
    Panic signings are signings like Joe Ledley... no thanks.
    That is not a panic signing, we paid fuck all.  Panic in the sense of paying the inflated prices.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were get 3 in this week . Source -my Nans tea leaves.
  • Options
    Newsshopper quotes Bows as saying we turned down player swap for Lyle. Turned down as it was ‘silly’ offer
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, the defence ain’t that bad, we had nowhere near the level of complaints about the same defence before the injury crisis, nor last season.  

We need midfielders and strikers, defenders will tell you their job is a lot easier when the midfield and forwards retain the ball, something which we are simply not doing.

Today;
    Williams, not fit.
    Pratley, 34 year old battler, passed his best (sorry).
    Dempsey, inexperience kid not ready.
    Morgan, bit of experience, but not ready.
    Green, played only a handful of games this season.
    Davidson, inexperienced kid not ready.
    Hemed, not fit. 

That’s what the defence has in front of them, the injuries are dragging it’s heals so much it’s taking us into the bottom three, that’s clear.  Solution, oven ready signings now.

Long term stability sounds great, but league one next season makes the Wembley day out pointless, and even if we throw money about in the summer, no guarantee we will get back up (see Sunderland).
    Totally agree - people will be amazed how much better the defence looks when our midfield improves.
  • Options
    Louis Mendez: Bowyer says that a club has made a 'ridiculous' player for player swap bid for Lyle Taylor this week.

No info as to whether ridiculously good or ridiculously shite
  • Options
    If we dont get the players in we need by end of the window. It will be on ESI head if we get relagated. Southall if you want us to stay up you have to pay that little bit extra that clubs and players want. Scrap your model for this window. Implement it in the summer once were safe. We are desperate and there's no room for being tight over a players wanting 1k more a week. Get you're cheque book out or we get relegated. Period. If we get relegated because of lack of investment in this window ESI are just dumb business men.
    And what if we break FFP rules because we stay up for breaking what we're allowed to pay and so end up with a fine / points deduction!!
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, the defence ain’t that bad, we had nowhere near the level of complaints about the same defence before the injury crisis, nor last season.  

We need midfielders and strikers, defenders will tell you their job is a lot easier when the midfield and forwards retain the ball, something which we are simply not doing.

Today;
    Williams, not fit.
    Pratley, 34 year old battler, passed his best (sorry).
    Dempsey, inexperience kid not ready.
    Morgan, bit of experience, but not ready.
    Green, played only a handful of games this season.
    Davidson, inexperienced kid not ready.
    Hemed, not fit. 

That’s what the defence has in front of them, the injuries are dragging it’s heals so much it’s taking us into the bottom three, that’s clear.  Solution, oven ready signings now.

Long term stability sounds great, but league one next season makes the Wembley day out pointless, and even if we throw money about in the summer, no guarantee we will get back up (see Sunderland).
    Agreed br7. Defence been ok since oshi gone centre, but they have no help even worse now galla has gone. We need some solid midfied battlers to help. Cullen and inexperienced field
    will obvs help when they are ready.