Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Remaining home games.

West Brom 
Fulham
Barnsley
Blackburn
Luton
Middlesbrough 
QPR
Millwall
Reading 
Wigan

Just had a look on our remaining home games and these are who we have.
CharltonLifers I think we will be just fine, with making The Valley fortress and getting behind the lads, I can see us winning at least 7 of our remaining 10 games.
Bowyer will of course see it as one game at a time especially with the injuries we have but beat teams against the likes of Barnsley, Luton, QPR, Middlesbrough, Reading, Wigan and being optimistic Millwall as well, we have a massive chance in staying up.

So who's this player we are signing today.... Spill the beans 😉

Comments

• West Brom 
    Fulham
    Barnsley
    Blackburn
    Luton
    Middlesbrough 
    QPR
    Millwall
    Reading 
    Wigan

CharltonLifers I think we will be just fine, with making The Valley fortress and getting behind the lads, I can see us winning at least 7 of our remaining 10 games.
    Bowyer will of course see it as one game at a time especially with the injuries we have but beat teams against the likes of Barnsley, Luton, QPR, Middlesbrough, Reading, Wigan and being optimistic Millwall as well, we have a massive chance in staying up.

At least 7 wins out of 10?! We've won 1 out of the last 6.

I'd say looking at the games we'd be pretty happy with wins from half of them. Beating the other sides down there, Barnsley, Wigan, luton is essential.
  • Lol, we are dropping like a stone and our form is shocking and consideration is being given to seven wins out of ten. 
  • West Brom 
    Fulham
    Barnsley
    Blackburn
    Luton
    Middlesbrough 
    QPR
    Millwall
    Reading 
    Wigan

Are you still p***** from last night?

How do you see us winning at least 7 of these games with our current sequence of results?
  • We won't win another 7 games this season.
  • Just trying to be optimistic and positive CharltonLifers that's all ☺
  • edited February 2020
    Realistically we have 16 games to go
    Currently on 33 points from 30 games and last season you would have stayed up with 41 stoke saturday is massive 
    But if we continue to average just over a point per game that gives us 49 plus an extra point for our awsome atmosphere  and the crowd being the 12 man and all that we will end up on 50 well safe
    We are again truly playing championship football next season
  • Let’s beat Stoke (or at least draw)
  • we will win the rest of our home games except for wanky wanky wanky millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s beat Stoke (or at least draw)
    Let's thrash Stoke (or just win by the odd goal).
  • stonemuse said:
    The first one has Huddersfield going down with 44 points (1 point below Luton), which seems extremely unlikely

The second has them staying up with 53, and us only safe by 1 point above Wigan!
  • edited February 2020

Blackburn - Win, not easy but certainly winnable
    Luton - Win, Luton really struggle away it should be
    Middlesbrough - I'd take a draw here in honesty, if the real Boro turn up it will be a tough game. Although equally if they don't we can win.
    QPR - Win , inconsistent but we should really be winning this
    Millwall - I'd take a draw again, we never beat them so any points will be good
    Reading - Winnable, again inconsistent but hopefully home advantage will see us through
    Wigan - On paper its a win, but might depend on where we both are in the league could be a real edgy/tough game.

So firstly, the ones i predict we will win are not exactly a walk in the park. It probably summarises the Championship to a tee, anyone can beat anyone eg. we are more than capable of a sneaky away win anywhere.

6/7 is a tall order from the initial post, both draws were decent results and Barnsley was the key, as will the next 2 home games be.

It's a long way to go still, but im confident are back we have enough. As long as Taylor doesn't get injured, also ideally Cullen stays fit.

• On paper all of those games are winnable (millwall excepted of course!) but unless we hit a real rich vein of form we’re unlikely to win more than 4/5. Luton and Reading are the really key ones plus of course Wigan if it goes down to that one - hopefully by then we’ll need no more than a point at the most to keep them a safe distance below us. 
  • 1 down 6 to go.... Just saying 😉
    2 down 5 to go.... Just saying 😉
  • edited February 2020
    On paper all of those games are winnable (millwall excepted of course!) but unless we hit a real rich vein of form we’re unlikely to win more than 4/5. Luton and Reading are the really key ones plus of course Wigan if it goes down to that one - hopefully by then we’ll need no more than a point at the most to keep them a safe distance below us. 
    And even if we didn't win more than 4/5, plus throw in the inevitable couple of draws and a random away win, it would still see us home and dry.

• edited February 2020
    1 down 6 to go.... Just saying 😉
    2 down 5 to go.... Just saying 😉
    Four out of five very winnable games left. We won’t mention the fifth game.

I think three home wins from Boro, QPR, Spanners, Reading and Wigan is a very realistic target.

That would give us 48 points before playing any away games... even two wins and a draw would result in 46.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon we’ve got 3 more wins, and 3 more draws in us, which should just about see us safe, but will be a bit nervy, we always do things the hard way.
  • I reckon we’ve got 3 more wins, and 3 more draws in us, which should just about see us safe, but will be a bit nervy, we always do things the hard way.
    If we're playing this game, I reckon 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats ..... another 16 points, total 55 points.

Of course Bowyer will think differently, as we storm in on a 12 match unbeaten run into the playoffs. :smile:

PS: Isn't that what we did last season?

• And everyone thought my post was madness when I first posted it.... love the confidence back CharltonLifers.. love it.! 👌
  • There is no correlation between one game to the next for Cafc over the last few games. 1st half nervous and unsure yet confident after the two subs yesterday.

It's been such a bizarre season with all the injuries that the remaining home games are only winnable if our big players stay fit.
    Mainly Lyle Taylor.
  • edited February 2020
    5 home games left. 
    Middlesbrough, QPR, Millwall, Reading, Wigan. 
    We’ve achieved 8 points from last 5 home games. 
    So win against Boro and Reading. Draw QPR and Wigan. Lose to Millwall (obviously). That’ll match previous 5 and pick up a few away points will see us finish out of bottom 3.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I reckon we’ve got 3 more wins, and 3 more draws in us, which should just about see us safe, but will be a bit nervy, we always do things the hard way.
    If we're playing this game, I reckon 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats ..... another 16 points, total 55 points.

Of course Bowyer will think differently, as we storm in on a 12 match unbeaten run into the playoffs. :smile:

PS: Isn't that what we did last season?

Maths aint my strong point but isnt that 20-pts? :)
    Edit... Where the hell did I get four points for a win from!!

Thats how I miscalculated - Haha apologies Oggy
  • Given the number of clubs below us and their form this year, 46 points probably sees us safe. I am feeling pretty confident we will stay up but it would be nice to get 2 or 3 wins in the next five so I don’t spend the entire month of April with a constant anxiety attack.