Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amateur Football Pitches

I am looking for football pitches.

Pitches you see on your journey. Whether that's a pitch you drive past, or a pitch you can see from a train window.

I am looking for football pitches that look cool, or weird.

I am looking for any kind of noteworthy football pitch. 

All suggestions are gratefully received... 

Comments

• look at Tony Provan on Twitter @ProvanTony

Very good groundsman at meridian Club

he puts up lots of pics
  • Hall place in Bexley is on a slope.
  • Yes Chizz, that's what I am after! 
  • edited January 2020
    all of those pitches above were of a better standard then the pitch the spivs gave us
  • get a train from lewisham to Victoria, you pass a load on as well as school astro pitches
  • Iodine Park Millhead FC one half enclosed in quarry
    One for @jimmymelrose there.....😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it the 2nd picture is Uddersfiled's gound.
    .....playing Cowdenbeef.
    It's s alright in the summer, but in the winter it's absolutely frisian.
  • Is the second Picture a Spot the Bull competition ? My X goes left of picture.
    I went here last week and got drone shots of that wall! 
  • It's like a domestic version of Braga's ground.
  • muppetman said:
    Image result for pickleball malmo football pitch
    That my big issue, since the advent of the Premier League. It's just not a level playing field anymore.
  • Honestly, I was hoping for a little more from this thread! 
  • muppetman said:
    Image result for pickleball malmo football pitch
    That my big issue, since the advent of the Premier League. It's just not a level playing field anymore.
    Is there a rule/law that the pitch has to be level? I know various pitches over the years have slopes but what if a pitch like the one above was presented to the players? Could be fun.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Honestly, I was hoping for a little more from this thread! 
    There’ll be more. It will be one of those threads that people remember to add to when they see something daft. Mill Hill St. Peters v Storeys today my work colleague v my son should be a giggle
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Today’s venue in Bleakburn
  • edited February 2020
    Some of my drone shots of Millhead, Newport and Bristol Manor Farm in this ludicrously serious Sunday league trailer! 

• edited February 2020
    Answering your original post and depending on what you might mean by weird or noteworthy.

I took my daughter to Reigate Park and there were two football pitches. One vertically up a very steep hill and the other horizontally next to it.

It was noteworthy to me at least, because I couldn’t work out whether running up or down the pitch would have caused my knees to hurt more.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Some of my drone shots of Millhead, Newport and Bristol Manor Farm in this ludicrously serious Sunday league trailer! 

Some shocking keeping tbf. 
  • Kessell7 said:

Hackney Marshes in the 50's
    The width of the pitches on Hackney Marches look similar to Blackheath in the early 90's - hardly any gap between the edge of the box and the touchline. Only played there a couple of times and hated it. You couldn't ping a Jan Molby style ball and had to dink corners. 
  • Answering your original post and depending on what you might mean by weird or noteworthy.

I took my daughter to Reigate Park and there were two football pitches. One vertically up a very steep hill and the other horizontally next to it.

It was noteworthy to me at least, because I couldn’t work out whether running up or down the pitch would have caused my knees to hurt more.
    Reigate’s my home town, I did those pitches last week. Glad I’ve never had to play on them. The drone showed that the line markings are abysmal too!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Some shocking keeping tbf. 
    That was stuff I shot 15 years ago when my mates played at the lowest possible level. It’s so funny to see the quality of it now. The keeper that played in the muddy game seemed to give up. 
  • Jimmy, have you considered Canvey Island's Park Lane? Below sea level and the subject of a British Sea Power song (well almost).
  • Thanks Stig, I’ll check it out. 
  • Answering your original post and depending on what you might mean by weird or noteworthy.

I am pretty sure I have played there in the past, absolutely exhausting!