Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• edited February 2020
    So after Barry Pinches declared a foul on himself that cost him the match, we then had this from Ronnie, weather he felt the black move on not the ref obviously knew something was wrong as she told him to stop.

Interestingly its the same ref the allowed Ali Carter to change her mind at The Masters over a foul.

• I don’t think she saw a foul and I am not convinced it moves anyway.
    Surely she would have called the foul at the time? Rather than wait till she had taken pink out of the pocket and respotted it ?
  • Oh come on paulie, there's no way the ref saw a foul, asked him to stop and then thought fuck it it's Ronnie and let him carry on!

I dont kmow why she stopped him, but it wasnt because of that!
  • Thor Chuan Leong 133-0 Nutcharat Wongharuthai

Fantastic 133 break all Nutcharat did was break off, its a shame was looking forward to seeing what she could do.

Its also Thor Chuan Leongs first win since he beat Michael White 6-1 in the China Open Qualifiers a year ago yesterday 
    I said he’d hammer someone!
  • edited February 2020
    Oh come on paulie, there's no way the ref saw a foul, asked him to stop and then thought fuck it it's Ronnie and let him carry on!

I dont kmow why she stopped him, but it wasnt because of that!
    She didnt see it, she was being alerted to it by the officials backstage(someone there has said that they were waving there arms alerting her that it needed to be looked at), and rule 6 says that the ref can stop play and stop the clock if something needs to be looked at, but if the player has already played the next shot then nothing can be done, she said Ronnie stop and he played the next shot.

• Aaron Hill 55-11 Kyren Wilson
  • Dean Young 61-0 Liam Highfield
  • edited February 2020
    Heads up between 3 and 5 Charlton take priority and I wont be doing game result updates as I wont even be watching those 2 hours lol, will do a full results afterwards for those games
  • edited February 2020
    Jamie Clarke 53-38 Lu Ning
  • Anthony Hamilton 62-50 David Gilbert
  • Sponsored links:

• Lyu Haotian 57-25 Mark Davies
  • Yan Bingtao 70-15 Thor Chuan Leong 
  • My last update, as I said will do a full update after this afternoons session

Lei Peifan 30-28 Kurt Maflin
  • Snooker Shootout
    Round 2
    Afternoon Session
    Results

Aaron Hill 55-11 Kyren Wilson
    Dean Young 61-0 Liam Highfield
    Jamie Clarke 53-38 Lu Ning
    Anthony Hamilton 62-50 David Gilbert
    Lyu Haotian 57-25 Mark Davies
    Yan Bingtao 70-15 Thor Chuan Leong
    Lei Peifan 30-28 Kurt Maflin
    Zhou Yuelong 73-8 Andrew Higginson
    Barry Hawkins 72-8 David Lilley
    Sunny Akani 39-16 Tian Pengfei
    Soheil Vahedi 42-2 Daniel Wells
    Ross Bullman 42-26 Andrew Pagett
    Mike Dunn 47-0 Matthew Stevens
    Anthony McGill 83-17 Dominic Dale
    Ian Burns 49-43 Chang Bingyu
    Ashley Carty 54-36 Mark Williams 
  • Peter Lines 79-7 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • Brandon Sargeant 68-63 Ali Carter

What a frame that was, Carter in with a break of 63, then Sargeant got 61 but missed the final black with 1 minute remaining, Carter played a safety shot, then Sargeant did, then Carter did however he doubled kissed the black and Sargeant had a tough black but with just under 30 seconds he had to take it on and potted it
  • Xiao Guodong 101-4 Ashley Hugill 

Break of 101 for Guodong
    3rd century of the event so far 
  • Luo Honghao 107-19 Igor Figueiredo 
  • Liang Wenbo 53-44 Martin O'Donnell 
  • Jack Lisowski 54-44 Fraser Patrick 
  • Sponsored links:

• Zhang Anda 62-19 Ken Doherty 
  • Mei Xiwen 58-23 Nigel Bond 
  • edited February 2020
    Billy Castle 66-30 Ronnie O'Sullivan 

Joe Perry and Dave Gilbert will both be delighted as it means they are now certain to be at Southport next week.

Ronnie still be there unless one of the following lift the Snooker Shootout title

Lisowski
    Yuelong
    Hawkins
    Wenbo
    Guodong
    Holt
    McGill 
    Hang
    Woollaston 

To add to that even if Ronnie does make it now, he would be 16th meaning it would be Trump v O'Sullivan in round 1
  • Li Hang 40-28 Chen Feilong 
  • Michael Holt 62-2 Elliot Slessor 
  • Joe Perry 43-39 Ryan Day

Ryan Day missed a red with 15 seconds to go had he potted it he would have been on the brown to win the match, so close to stealing it
  • Got this in Tangier on German Eurosport. 
  • Jak Jones 111-1 Jordan Brown

Break of 107 and the 4th Century 
  • Ben Woollaston 64-46 Zhao Xintong 
  • Craig Steadman 52-26 Chris Wakelin