Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I don’t know.
  • I don’t know either
  • i'm not sure 
  • I don't think i can tell
  • Hmm. Maybe, maybe not.
  • Derby pay Tom Ince’s Mum 700k per year as an academy scout? WTF.

i can see some Clubs fall by the wayside after Coronavirus. We could be one of them.
  • Yes, yes it is.

Not just the championship, not just football, not just sport.  Lots of things will never be the same again.  Some will be better, some will be worse and some will be just different. 

i can see some Clubs fall by the wayside after Coronavirus. We could be one of them.
    Purely a way to divert the player's wages and manipulate FFP.  
  • The Championship is a financial basketcase.

Massively distorted by the riches of the PL as
    a) Many clubs spend ridiculous sums of money to try and reach the promised land
    b) The massive wages paid in the PL have the knock on effect on raising salaries of very average players in the Championship
    c) Parachute payments mean that clubs have massively different income levels, but also encourage clubs to really go for it in their first season after relegation, a sh*t or bust option...
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely they must have got their figures wrong in the bit about the Villa owner?

That has to be a FFP violation, it couldn't be more blatant.

They actually made a saving there. His Dad wanted treble that figure to do the job.

That has to be a FFP violation, it couldn't be more blatant.
    It's not because academy expenditure doesn't count.  Hence the same club pay Wayne Rooney about half his salary to have a kick about with some u12s on a Thursday afternoon. 
  • IMO the 72 will be down to about 50 by the end of 20/21, and the FL will be 2 divisions.
    They may make up a D3 from the remaining Vanarama clubs, but as @Cafc43v3r says above - things are going to be very different. 

I also fear that we will be one of the failing clubs, as we are already a mess. If Nimer doesn’t send funds by the end of April (as promised) we could even be one of the first to go. If lockdown is ended and we can’t pay players / the cops, then we can’t play - just like Bury. 
  • I don't know how feasible this would be :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8197663/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Championship-owners-considering-group-administration-solve-wages-dilemma.html

Championship clubs are reportedly looking at the possibility of “group administration” in a "doomsday scenario".

The Daily Mail claim second tier chiefs are considering what they are calling “the nuclear option” amid the fallout from the coronavirus crisis.

That would involve all 24 teams - including Nottingham Forest - agreeing to go into administration, with owners then being able to buy the clubs back before they negotiate new contracts.

However, the Mail adds “there would be legal implications and it would require huge trust from all teams”.

The report states: “Owners and chief executives in the second tier of English football have had conversations about a process known as group administration, the last desperate act to avoid ruin, if no common ground can be found.

“It would need the agreement of all 24 clubs and require an enormous amount of trust from all sides, but it would change the face of the English game long beyond the coronavirus pandemic.

“Group administration would involve every Championship club being placed into administration on the same day. Staff would be temporarily let go. Entire playing staffs would become free agents.

“Each owner would then buy the club back and negotiate contracts anew. It would be a doomsday scenario, a recalibration of the entire football industry.”

The Mail say it is an idea which has been discussed amid the ongoing row over possible wage cuts for players, as clubs look to cope with the financial implications of the COVID-19 outbreak.

They claim English Football League chairman Rick Parry is aware of the discussions which “should serve as a distress signal that clubs face financial disaster”.

The report says the current penalties for teams entering administration would need to be waived and agreements would need to be reached around not poaching players - but Championship clubs “have discussed a binding agreement between the members of that league at least”.

It is said clubs would then be bought back from administration by the same owners and staff re-employed, with future salary cap rules also part of the discussion.

The Mail outline a number of potential legal consequences which would result, as well as the fact clubs would have to reapply to join the Football League.

They say: “What it does, then, is reveal the growing gulf between elements of the game; the resentment, the distrust and the panic that the coronavirus has wrought.

“Without doubt, there are owners who fear their club could fold unless running costs are swiftly addressed; without doubt, their greatest expense will be player wages.”

And they add: “So the talks around group administration are almost a scorched earth policy. If the clubs are going down, it all burns with them.”

The Reds' season has been suspended indefinitely, with Sabri Lamouchi's side sat fifth in the table.

Forest have placed a number of non-playing staff on the government's furlough scheme, though the club are topping up the remaining 20 percent of the wages for those affected.
  • I don't know how feasible this would be :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8197663/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Championship-owners-considering-group-administration-solve-wages-dilemma.html

Championship clubs are reportedly looking at the possibility of “group administration” in a "doomsday scenario".

The Daily Mail claim second tier chiefs are considering what they are calling “the nuclear option” amid the fallout from the coronavirus crisis.

That would involve all 24 teams - including Nottingham Forest - agreeing to go into administration, with owners then being able to buy the clubs back before they negotiate new contracts.

However, the Mail adds “there would be legal implications and it would require huge trust from all teams”.

The report states: “Owners and chief executives in the second tier of English football have had conversations about a process known as group administration, the last desperate act to avoid ruin, if no common ground can be found.

“It would need the agreement of all 24 clubs and require an enormous amount of trust from all sides, but it would change the face of the English game long beyond the coronavirus pandemic.

“Group administration would involve every Championship club being placed into administration on the same day. Staff would be temporarily let go. Entire playing staffs would become free agents.

“Each owner would then buy the club back and negotiate contracts anew. It would be a doomsday scenario, a recalibration of the entire football industry.”

The Mail say it is an idea which has been discussed amid the ongoing row over possible wage cuts for players, as clubs look to cope with the financial implications of the COVID-19 outbreak.

They claim English Football League chairman Rick Parry is aware of the discussions which “should serve as a distress signal that clubs face financial disaster”.

The report says the current penalties for teams entering administration would need to be waived and agreements would need to be reached around not poaching players - but Championship clubs “have discussed a binding agreement between the members of that league at least”.

It is said clubs would then be bought back from administration by the same owners and staff re-employed, with future salary cap rules also part of the discussion.

The Mail outline a number of potential legal consequences which would result, as well as the fact clubs would have to reapply to join the Football League.

They say: “What it does, then, is reveal the growing gulf between elements of the game; the resentment, the distrust and the panic that the coronavirus has wrought.

“Without doubt, there are owners who fear their club could fold unless running costs are swiftly addressed; without doubt, their greatest expense will be player wages.”

And they add: “So the talks around group administration are almost a scorched earth policy. If the clubs are going down, it all burns with them.”

The Reds' season has been suspended indefinitely, with Sabri Lamouchi's side sat fifth in the table.

Forest have placed a number of non-playing staff on the government's furlough scheme, though the club are topping up the remaining 20 percent of the wages for those affected.
    I just came on to post that, that is nuclear! 
  • We have so many clubs in this country, there could be a massive rationalisation. Very sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if the 12 point deduction will stand up to this, if half a league goes into administration in the coming months, the following couple of seasons are going to be horribly warped. 
  • We could see a 40 team, 2 divison, Premier league then 4 divisions of all most part time football.  
  • However, the Mail adds “there would be legal implications and it would require huge trust from all teams”.

With our lot we'd be the ones to fuck everyone over! 
  • I think we will see a new approach:-
     - networks across countries, moving players between clubs.
     - adherence to a strict FFP model (optional)
     - Ground sharing (particularly if one club has first class facilities and is a short bus ride away)
     - Mergers (for example, why wouldn't Oxford and Reading merge and become, say, "Thames Valley Royals")
     - Regular entry into administration to offset costs to small suppliers whilst planning for multiple promotions (this could be call "the saints model").

Any other new and untested models are equally worthy of consideration.
  • Hold on - can you just put solvent businesses into administration ?
  • Merging clubs? Yeah, fans are really going to go with that.
    We'll merge with Millwall and Palace, Chalace Mill FC.
  • PopIcon said:
    Merging clubs? Yeah, fans are really going to go with that.
    We'll merge with Millwall and Palace, Chalace Mill FC.
    You've got to admit is has a certain ring to it...
  • I think it deserves to fall apart. The examples above are evidence that it’s got so ridiculous and needs to snap at the base start again. No sympathy for clubs like Derby and Villa or any of the others making a mockery of the rules. The sad part is there might be some clubs genuinely doing their best to live within their means yet being shafted by the Derby County’s of this world. As far as I’m concerned no changes can be too drastic. I want to see clubs like Millwall have a fighting chance financially v Derby. Millwall are probably one of the best run clubs in any division at present yet because they won’t cheat they have an uphill battle in competing. I hate what football has become and I’ve said it before the sooner it financially implodes the better. There will be casualties which is terrible but for the long term good of football I hope it collapses and brings Sky Sports down with it.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Hold on - can you just put solvent businesses into administration ?
    What club in the EFL is solvent with no income for 3 months? 
  • I think it deserves to fall apart. The examples above are evidence that it’s got so ridiculous and needs to snap at the base start again. No sympathy for clubs like Derby and Villa or any of the others making a mockery of the rules. The sad part is there might be some clubs genuinely doing their best to live within their means yet being shafted by the Derby County’s of this world. As far as I’m concerned no changes can be too drastic. I want to see clubs like Millwall have a fighting chance financially v Derby. Millwall are probably one of the best run clubs in any division at present yet because they won’t cheat they have an uphill battle in competing. I hate what football has become and I’ve said it before the sooner it financially implodes the better. There will be casualties which is terrible but for the long term good of football I hope it collapses and brings Sky Sports down with it.
    The sad part is until Two Shits sold us, we were one of those clubs... Wasn't very popular with us though was it?