Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Doesn't sound like this is a buy with a view to a quick sell on to another party like PV based on that interview 
  • Options
    He don't sound like an intermin owner to me.
    Sounds like he's gonna hang around 
  • Options
    But sounds like hes ready to accept other people into the business ie barclay/varney maybe jenkins. Wood love to know more about his wealth though
  • Options
    Jesus I hope he doesnt read the conments on that post.

3 quarters of them are saying who the F**k is he, one of the posts calls him a fraud already lol
    We do have some proper divot supporters. The whole statement reads as though it is designed to deal with supporters' concerns and, just for that, displays more professionalism than we have seen in a long time. I like he says clearly that he is not a supporter. 
  • Options
    As Charlton fans, it goes with the territory that we are the last to know what is going on. Given that fact, we have to take what he has said in good faith until there are reasons not to. I suppose our focus should be on the pitch and we need to react to developments. I think staying up is going to be crucial going forwards.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Where's the fake bookcases? Elliot out!  :D
  • Options
    why does he need two computers!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Decent enough interview but heard enough talk. Time will tell. 
  • Options
    Twitter responses are awful . 
  • Options
    He's English!

He casually openly admitted he's not a Charlton fan! He's honest!

He took the piss out of twathall! He's direct!

He is a businessman. Probably at least quite a careful one.

He needs to pass the EFL test. (Probably just send one of them a watsapp message and say I've just withdrawn £20)

He needs to reassure us that he and his business partners will be buying the valley and sparrows lane.

• Options
    I’m not sure how to take ‘if anyone wants to invest, im open to offers’

Is he saying that cos he knows Barclay has plenty of dough or is he saying it cos he’s not got enough money to continually fund a championship football team?
  • Options
    Got to remember that the EFL still hasnt actually approved this latest takeover - thats the first step these guys need to prove before I start to have any faith in them

Get through the Directors test, provide the source of funds, getting us out of this damned transfer embargo and then I'll listen some more

Because if that last bit isnt sorted and we do survive this season then it'll all be for nothing next year because we'll truly go down without a whimper seeing we wont be able to sign anyone!! 
  • Options
    The comments on Twitter are truly embarrassing - although I totally understand that people have just had enough of the ownership debacle. 
    I’m pretty sure that before Duchatalet, Nimer or Southall pitched up no one knew who they were. And let’s be honest - how many club owners were actually fans of the club they went on to own? 
    All we can do is wait and see how this pans out.
  • Options
    The comments on Twitter are truly embarrassing - although I totally understand that people have just had enough of the ownership debacle. 
    I’m pretty sure that before Duchatalet, Nimer or Southall pitched up no one knew who they were. And let’s be honest - how many club owners were actually fans of the club they went on to own? 
    All we can do is wait and see how this pans out.
    It is ridiculous the amount of fans wanting to be owned by someone who supports the club

The higher up the English pyramid the chances of that happening are very slim

Of course it doesnt help that its no secret that there is a Charlton fan wanting to buy us, so that'll add to people's disappointment if it doesnt happen

And we all know who'll get the brunt of that frustration...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the owner of Liverpool....a born a bred Liverpool fan?

Is the owner of Chelsea a Chelsea fan?

Is the owner of a palace a.....(oh shit, stop)

Is the owner of Aston villa, a villa fan?

Is the owner of Leeds, a Leeds fan?

Is the owner of...

You get the picture. 

The owners do not have to be fans from the start.

They just can't be c**nts. 

Paul Elliot hasn't proven to be a good owner and he hasn't proven to be a c**t yet.

We don't know.

Time will tell.

I hope he just does his job. Enjoys it.

Answers questions.

Then...just stays quiet. Let the good old days return. It should just be about the football and competitive nature.

• Options
    Nimer and Southall f*cked off before the EFL could even approve ESI/ownership.

The worrying thing is...Eliot now owns ESI?

Is that part a load of bullshit?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Sounds a decent first interview. Obviously saying all the right things & a few digs at our previous owners which doesnt go down too badly. Seeing as he's already paid last months wages then he's put more money in than Nimer ever did 

However, one nagging doubt is why he bought us....?  He's not a fan and I'm not sure you can ever change loyalty if you support someone else anyway. I don't know if he realises how much money it takes to run a football club & it's not for the faint hearted. Just hope that Farnell hasn't  spun him a line or filled his head with rubbish. I expect him to be inviting Varney/Barclay/Jenkins to join him at some point in time.

Doesn't  matter too much about the EFL at the moment. We all know that they cant stop the sale & the only sanctions they can put into place is a transfer embargo....ans the window wont be opening for a few months so it's not like last time.....
  • Options
    Indeed the obvious question is why us?

It's not as if he made his money in the City and was always aware of Charlton. Up in the Greater Manchester area there's no shortage of clubs to choose from
  • Options
    Indeed the obvious question is why us?

It's not as if he made his money in the City and was always aware of Charlton. Up in the Greater Manchester area there's no shortage of clubs to choose from
    Chris Farnell is based in Manchester according to his LinkedIn profile.
  • Options
    Sounds a decent first interview. Obviously saying all the right things & a few digs at our previous owners which doesnt go down too badly. Seeing as he's already paid last months wages then he's put more money in than Nimer ever did 

However, one nagging doubt is why he bought us....?  He's not a fan and I'm not sure you can ever change loyalty if you support someone else anyway. I don't know if he realises how much money it takes to run a football club & it's not for the faint hearted. Just hope that Farnell hasn't  spun him a line or filled his head with rubbish. I expect him to be inviting Varney/Barclay/Jenkins to join him at some point in time.

Doesn't  matter too much about the EFL at the moment. We all know that they cant stop the sale & the only sanctions they can put into place is a transfer embargo....ans the window wont be opening for a few months so it's not like last time.....

Chris Powell is a Spurs supporter, Clive Mendonca a Sunderland fan, Alan Curbishley a Wet Spammer, JJ a Spurs fan - need I go on?