Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TRESOR KANDOL, from a Leeds point of view.

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Hi everyone.
Id just like to say I was very surprised and rather shocked that Kandol has gone to Charlton to help with the relegation battle. As some of you are aware he isn't the most consistant player and has a really bad attitude,especially if things don't go his way.
He did however score a few goals for Millwall, about 8 in the first 13 but did nothing after that. Ive just looked on their forum (MISA) and they are pretty glad they never extended his loan deal.
Apart from that he does have pace, he has an awful first touch but he is very good in the air(cant fault him for that) and has a tendancy to fluff a few goals right in front of the goal mouth but on other occasions has scored some great goals too.
Kandol being Kandol he will more than likely score on his Debut and to be fair I really hope he does well for you but he is a risk especially when he spits his dummy out week in week out.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    So are you loaning him out due to his poor attitude or because he's no good?
  • cheers for the feedback mate.

To be honest, i'm not to bothered on the so called attitude front. If he scores 8 in 13 then he'll be a hero, and if he don't do it, then he won't play.

We needed to get someone in, and clearly couldn't tempt our main targets.

Sometimes needs must.
  • cheers buddy good to hear an honest view
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] If he scores 8 in 13 then he'll be a hero, and if he don't do it, then he won't play.

I'm sure he will. Especially if he doesn't score.

;o)
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]So bad attitude, touch of a rapest with no composure

Pretty much what we all knew about him anyways

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]cheers for the feedback mate.

To be honest, i'm not to bothered on the so called attitude front. If he scores 8 in 13 then he'll be a hero, and if he don't do it, then he won't play.

We needed to get someone in, and clearly couldn't tempt our main targets.

Sometimes needs must.

Exactely
  • This one is real desperation I was surprised Leeds signed him, he never looked like a good Luton youngster and has proved wherever he is to be unreliable.

Bit of a bizarre signing.
  • i also think people need to face up to the shops that we are shopping in
  • I'm slightly puzzled as to why he is better than us playing Dickson.
  • Stilladdicted

he aint the same player as Dicko he is more of a Burton type IMO it is Burton and Dicko or Burton and Jon jo

Then it would either be Kandol and Dicko or Kandol and JonJo

he is to replace gray not dicko
  • To think 4/5 seasons ago I was watching this guy play for Thurrock!

Remember him being ok in the air, scored a few goals for them. Very awkward, gangly type player.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I'm slightly puzzled as to why he is better than us playing Dickson.

Because he's apparently good in the air.
  • If he`s a "presence" up front and can lay the ball off for Dickson or Burton then it might work. Gray is a talented footballer imho but in no way a target man. far too leightweight. This guy might bring the best out of our other forwards.
  • Kandol is an average league one player.Something our squad is already littered with.So he should fit in well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]To think 4/5 seasons ago I was watching this guy play for Thurrock!.

And in another 4/5 seasons we'll be playing Thurrock!
  • Reminds me of the joke about when Curbs walked into the changing room a few years ago to find a big brown turd in the showers. He was furious and angrily asked the players "Who's shit on the floor?". Matt Svennson piped up and said "I am boss, but I'm good in the air!".

Like Heath Hero - I can be here all week too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]To think 4/5 seasons ago I was watching this guy play for Thurrock!.

And in another 4/5 seasons we'll be playing Thurrock!

Part of the Board's 5-year plan?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I'm slightly puzzled as to why he is better than us playing Dickson.

Because he's apparently good in the air.

What, like Iwelumo?
  • LLeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbuuuuuuuuurnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • edited January 2009
    Kandol and Beckford were a great partnership last season but he did drop off towards xmas time that's why we brought in Dougie Freedman when McAllister took over.Apparently McAllister and Kandol never got on and Gary said as much that his attitude wasn't right that's why he never played him.
    When we brought him back from Millwall I honestly though Simon Grayson was gonna have a look at him (ie in reserves) but obviously with Leeds signing Lee Trundle and Kandol being one of the highest paid Leeds players he probably just wanted him off the books.

Like I say he started off really well for Leeds in league one and did well at the beginning for Millwall but does seem to tail off after a few games.He did struggle when we played him in the Championship but to be fair Beckford did as well so he may be ready to step up his game and he could do well.
    Kandol is good upfront with another striker cos he's good at flicking the ball on and like I said he is good in the air(better than Beckford).

I really hope he does well for you. Dont really wanna see another big team down there for 2 reasons,first being if Leeds don't go up this season then we will be faced with another big team like we have with Leicester and secondly I want the team that beat us in the playoff final to go back down first...Doncaster.!!
  • We are a big team ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We are a big team ?

Only compared to Leeds.

Remember they got beat by Doncaster .......

;o)
  • Well I mean in the Curbs days only 3 or 4 years ago you were a decent enough prem team I reckon. Your too big to go down to the third tier.
  • Thanks for the view, which is fair and balanced. I always prefer the first hand view of a proper fan rather than a journo.

think him being reasonably big and good in the air, is all important for us. As far as his attitude is concerned some on here will be crusifying him if he's a teensy bit disappointed after being dropped having been told he'd play, then he'll be slated by a few on here. I think "bad attitude" is a good think in a sinking ship. We have too many bitches that are a bit too settled into backing the club, as the manager commits one fail after another.
  • spainboy - how are you lot finding league one? Are you still everyone else's Cup Final?

And are there things that Leicester have done that maybe you think Leeds should have done? I'm just getting in our excuses for next season...
  • Thanks for the commenst guys, as mentione its always better to hear from the fans point of view
  • [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Well I mean in the Curbs days only 3 or 4 years ago you were a decent enough prem team I reckon. Your too big to go down to the third tier.

Coming from a Leeds fan that is some statement, I think we should have that framed. Cheers for the nice words and the appraisal of our new STAR
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I'm slightly puzzled as to why he is better than us playing Dickson.

He's not he'll offer us something different to Dickson.

We needed another striker in, and with Gray out we definitely needed one in.
  • didnt leeds just anounce a 4 million pound profit last year good business for us next year then
  • Haven't heard one good thing about him yet.
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Haven't heard one good thing about him yet.

Agreed. I was hoping someone might come on here and wax lyrical about him.