Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 minutes injury time cost us? what b******s

Parkinson claims it was the 6 minutes of injury time that cost us as he was expecting 4. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they score in the 3rd minute of injury time? if so what difference would it have made? infact it actually helped as it gave us a couple of minutes to try and equalise.

Comments

• really dont like excuses like that, 1 minute, 6 minutes, 10 minutes whatever, they should hold teams off more often than not but just doesn't seem to happen with us
  • Have referees been told to be stricter on adding on minutes for time-wasting etc?

I've noticed over several years that 5, 6 mins is not unusual in Spanish and Italian football (I've even seen 8 mins) but English football has for years worked on a regulation 3 minutes , seldom varying in either direction by more than a minute.

Recently we've had quite a few examples of much longer add-ons. I noticed, for example, that Beattie socred for Stoke today in the fifth added minute of the first half v Man City.

Coincidence - or an FA instruction to referees? Does anybody know ?
  • no idea, but what annoyed me during that game was how long Sorensen held the ball for after collecting a shot in injury time. i counted 17 seconds, 17 seconds!!! this rule seems to be ignored totally now
  • edited January 2009
    The moment that Parkinson knows the game is up for this season. The look on his face.
  • edited January 2009
    so tell me pete tong, because if i'm being honest i normally haven't a clue with your posts as they are normally anti club, anti board, anti charlton etc.

Does that make you feel for the guy ? happy to be proved right ?

what does it make you feel ?
  • On the subject of added time there was only 2 mins added tonight in the 2nd half at Old Trafford, I have never seen less than 3 mins in 2nd half - EVER!
  • 30 seconds per sub is the usual, so then injuries are added on. We used 2 subs, they used 3, so that's 2 and half minutes. Where did the other 3 and half minutes come from?
  • Time wasting?

See my speculation above that English refs may have been told to clamp down on this and be stricter in terms of adding time...
  • are the players told to time waste by parkinson or is it a natural footballing instinct when you are winning? i think its disgraceful whether its charlton or anyone else, really annoys me. what is the point of saving 20 seconds when you know more time will be added on at the end of the game? why not play honestly, get on with the game, and avoid that huge panic at the end when you're team is completely on the back foot frantically trying to boot the ball out of your own half in the hope that the ref will blow the whistle. time wasting occasionally works, but more often than not you are actually giving the opposition more chances on goal, just at the end of the game as opposed to spread throughout. walking as opposed to jogging to collect the ball probably adds 10 seconds, but it aggravates the fans and the ref who will ultimately punish you with more seconds in stoppage time.
  • Yes, I've wondered about this and can only think that it's a perverse mentality thing. Players seem to think they're getting away with something, when in fact they're making things worse. I've only reffed a couple of games at the very, very lowest level (Streatham Common & Brockwell Park) but even then players go all out to try and get one over you. There was a Jack Rosenthal T.V Play which summed it up perfectly (bu****d if I can remember its name though).
  • Sponsored links:

• Dickson kick the ball away and didn't get booked, Kandol did the same and got booked. Every Charlton goal kick and throw took twice as long as necessary.
  • So we have never seen this from opposing teams. Or Curbishleys heralded squad.

We are f*cking desperate for points.

FFS Are we Charlton fans or what.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]We are f*cking desperate for points.

yes and all I'm saying is going 1-0 up and timewasting for 49 minutes isn't going to get us any.
  • [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]We are f*cking desperate for points.

yes and all I'm saying is going 1-0 up and timewasting for 49 minutes isn't going to get us any.

It did on Tuesday.
  • On 606, there are comments from our fans that were at the match that there was a lot of time wasting and they felt our players were rolling around on the ground to time waste. They're not happy. Ref. seems to have responded to this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]

It did on Tuesday.
    we didn't on tuesday, we played proper and hardly pissed about at all. only incident i can remember was when youga got booked, and i thought that was very harsh of the ref.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]So we have never seen this from opposing teams. Or Curbishleys heralded squad.

That's exactly how Hull City played at The Valley last season.

And they won promotion.
  • I just know from watching Soccer Saturday from afar, that when we are winning we are one of the last results to come in, but when we are losing we are one of the first.
  • It didn't matter how long was added, the second goal didn't matter. We need to win games, playing one up front is not the way to defend. This was made even worse when we took Dicko off.
  • squad is just not good enough. still got more than 24 hours to get some more loanees in from the lower leagues. only using 38 players so far is a disgrace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thing is six minutes was probably what should have been added but what ref does that? When the board came up it must have been like a hammer blow to the players etc
  • CommentAuthorAlgarveaddick CommentTime49 minutes ago quote# 19
    I just know from watching Soccer Saturday from afar, that when we are winning we are one of the last results to come in, but when we are losing we are one of the first.

Has soccer saturday been going that long that you actually saw us win on there?
  • From the Burnley OS:

"Blatant attempts at time-wasting backfired on the Addicks as Thompson sensationally bagged the winner four minutes into the six added by referee Richard Beeby.''

Parky would be better advised telling the players not to be so silly and naive, rather than complaining about the ref doing his job properly for once.

Looks like it could have been worse as there's an impressive pic on the Burnley site of Murty heading off the line. Their match stats also reckon they had 25 shots (half of them on target) to our 8. In other words, on average they had a shot every three and a half mins... so without Elliot, it might have been far, far worse.
  • [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]

It did on Tuesday.
    we didn't on tuesday, we played proper and hardly pissed about at all. only incident i can remember was when youga got booked, and i thought that was very harsh of the ref.

I really didnt see it that way. But heh thats the great thing about football.
  • I didn't see any, but Warnock accused us of it, which was very funny indeed.

Good to see this thread comes with a free "Parky looking miserable" poster for people to REVEL in.
  • edited February 2009
    Every club seems capable of last minute equalizers or winners except....us!
  • In the final rekoning it won`t be the six minutes injury time added at Turfmore that got us relegated. It will be that we are one of the poorest teams in the division.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Every club seems capable of last minute equalizers or winners except....us!
    pilchard don't forget about dennis!
  • ...though that was 4 years ago?
  • To be fair i stayed away yesterday because i was pissed off a last minute goal again has cost us a valuable point

But what the fuk do you want Parky to say

If we have been caught Timewasting which i suspect we did, as we needed to hold out and protect what we had.

i think the bloke is on a hiding to nothing with some of you

we got beat again but yet again we were in the game right until the end i dont know if we were hanging on i dont know if we were fortunate to still be in the game.

he has said on 2 occasions we didnt defend or stop the ball coming over it doesnt matter what time that happens if you do that you concede invariably,

in a all honesty how many times do you see 6 mins injury time unless there is a serious incident in the game so he was right 6 mins was ridiculous even 4 mins gets the greeting of a groan unless you are losing

get some real expectations in what we are going to moan and gripe about