Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What’s with this new found obsession....

edited August 2020 in General Charlton
for fans to want to have private correspondence with people like Southall, Farnell, Sandgaard etc?

Emails, phone calls, texts, DMs, LinkedIn’s etc???

i don’t get it to be honest

Comments

• for fans to want to have private correspondence with people like Southall, Farnell, Sandgaard etc?

Emails, phone calls, DMs, LinkedIn’s etc???

Can't give you the answer on here, but if you email me I'll explain. 
  • It’s the new brown nose clique.
  • I get it with Farnell (and now Elliott). As much to make life difficult for them and make them aware we're not going away than anything else I think. 
  • I'll confess to getting TS on Linked IN, but only so I could try to get him to contact Kieran Magure and get hold of his valuation project which valued the (whole) club at £25m. He seemed to appreciate it, but whether he will follow it up, dunno. But would surely help him somewhat. That's OK, isn't it? 

At the same time I'm not sure what to make of his readiness to engage with all and sundry. Agree with Scoham, he will soon tire of it
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the social media world we live in. 

People with limited intelligence or understanding about any particular matter are able to voice their opinions, and believe once they have stated their opinion, they are as valid as views expressed by people who actually know what they are talking about.

Just read any newspaper article comments thread or indeed most of Twitter.

Like a budgie desperate for attention. 
  • Me and Roland were saying the same to each other only this morning on My Space.
    was there any advice n the best push up bra's as well??
  • I’m feeling so left out.....
  • edited August 2020
    I’m feeling so left out.....
    I think those that are “in” are sometimes termed “Influencers”. Apparently you can make a living out of it!
  • An absolute joke, unless of course Tommy accepts the spec of accommodation for our future SL visits I emailed him. 😂

• for fans to want to have private correspondence with people like Southall, Farnell, Sandgaard etc?

Emails, phone calls, texts, DMs, LinkedIn’s etc???

Me neither. 
    Attention seeking little wannabe in the know pricks. 
  • I’m feeling so left out.....
    I think those that are “in” are sometimes termed “Influencers”. Apparently you can make a living out of it!
    No way I’m going to be able to make a living out of being an influencer lol.

Podgy tum, receding hairline and a penchant for Star Wars and comic book T shirts!

Oh to be an ‘influencer’
  • More chance of getting influenza!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's because it boosts people ego's and makes them feel important.
    Mind you I did e mail Farnell a few times, telling him what I think of him.
  • I feel a failure, I have not spoken to, or emailed, or twittered, etc, either Nimer, Southall, Farnell, Elliot, Sandgaard, RD, nor uncle Tom Cobley and all. I will slink away and not raise my head again until the dust has settled, if ever
  • ross1 said:
    I feel a failure, I have not spoken to, or emailed, or twittered, etc, either Nimer, Southall, Farnell, Elliot, Sandgaard, RD, nor uncle Tom Cobley and all. I will slink away and not raise my head again until the dust has settled, if ever
    Here you go ross1, you know you want to :smile:   chris.farnell@ipslaw.co.uk
  • ross1 said:
    I feel a failure, I have not spoken to, or emailed, or twittered, etc, either Nimer, Southall, Farnell, Elliot, Sandgaard, RD, nor uncle Tom Cobley and all. I will slink away and not raise my head again until the dust has settled, if ever
    Anyone got Uncle Tom Cobley’s email address?
  • I’m more bemused that any of them engage with it, esp Farnell and co, taking abusive texts from fans at midnight and continuing have text conversations. Bizarre!
  • I think it’s because as fans we’ve not had the priveledge of being able to interact with a (potential) owner in so long. Literally years.

Roland wouldn’t even attend a game, and the subsequent owners were ousted as conmen within about 2 months. 

I emailed Sandgaard and got a response. Wasn’t to ask him anything specific, but just to offer my support. If anyone thinks that instantly makes someone of ‘limited intelligence’ then so be it - whatever.

This is a two way street by the way. Sandgaard has actively gone out of his way to join Twitter and start interacting regarding all things Charlton. That aspect shouldn’t be forgotten 
  • Leuth said:
    Might hit up TS and cheekily enquire as to the possibility of being installed as 'club poet'
    On behalf of Charlton Aesthetic, obviously...
  • cafctom said:
    I think it’s because as fans we’ve not had the priveledge of being able to interact with a (potential) owner in so long. Literally years.

Roland wouldn’t even attend a game, and the subsequent owners were ousted as conmen within about 2 months

I emailed Sandgaard and got a response. Wasn’t to ask him anything specific, but just to offer my support. If anyone thinks that instantly makes someone of ‘limited intelligence’ then so be it - whatever.

This is a two way street by the way. Sandgaard has actively gone out of his way to join Twitter and start interacting regarding all things Charlton. That aspect shouldn’t be forgotten 
    But we never had this before full stop, other than at formal events such as Supporters Club events, shareholder meetings, VIP scheme events etc

It's not normal to have this level of ongoing communication at all hours between owners/potential owners/people who think they might be owners but aren't owners etc and ordinary supporters.