Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Chaisty says Mihail's evidence should be treated with extreme caution and care. He says his client wants speedy resolution. Although they are seeking interim order at this juncture.
  • Options
    Elliott's Lawyer concentrating on mistruths in Mihails statement.

Nimer failed to put any finance into the club. Elliott did in June
    Bit stupid when you don't own the club.
  • Options
    A QC might know his gravy, but not if he gets told a load of bollocks by his client
  • Options
    Chaisty says his clients understand the necessity for a speedy conclusion and are extremely anxious for this matter to proceed quickly. #cafc #SaveCAFC
  • Options
    I know you only judge a wicket after both teams have had a knock, but this isn't a great start. 
  • Options
    I hope I'm wrong here but can't see Elliott losing this case...
  • Options
    Chaisty says his clients are anxious to progress matters, but Mihail has not shown any evidence about state of negotiations for sale to other, just referrred to third party press reports.
  • Options

Chaisty: "I ask you to treat his (Mihail's) evidence with extreme caution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carry on Courting.
  • Options
    Where's NLA when you need him B)
  • Options
    Sounds like there is some paperwork stating the transfer of shares from ESI1 to 2?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Indeed. Elliot seems to be arguing that he believed the deal with him was watertight and as such, put money into the club.
    That sounds quite a strong defence to me??
  • Options
    Chaisty says contract to sell is signed and not in dispute. Drag along provisions re Southall activated in May.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Indeed. Elliot seems to be arguing that he believed the deal with him was watertight and as such, put money into the club.
    It does yes. So why is he not listed as the owner of ESI on Companies House. I'm sure we'll hear that question soon. 
  • Options
    Southall effectively out of the picture
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Elliott putting money in (dubious) and Nimer not putting any in is irrelevant. The club was operating financially, yes?
    He has not got the funds too run Charlton FC .
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Yes, it does sound pretty strong if there is paperwork relating to the transfer of shares. 
  • Options
    Seems like the legal defence is that granting the injunction will cause harm to the club? But ESI lawyer saying no proof presented that any other negotiations are close to being completed. 
  • Options
    Will wait to hear Laura Kreamer speak for Panorama Magic but........
  • Options
    No necessity to join Southall to the action as no indication he will resist sale.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Not necessarily. It’s like test driving a car and replacing a bald tyre that went flat on the test. Doesn’t mean you own the car. 
  • Options
    The EFL haven't obviously helped our case
  • Options
    Chaisty says deal was signed by both parties in May and that Southall's shares would transfer over as part of "drag along". Also says no indications Southall would try to sell his stake - which he can't do legally anyway.
  • Options
    Don’t remember crown court being like this.

"You, the jury, decide" - I wish.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!