Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst cover versions by bands or artists that you like.

David Watts by The Jam - truly massacre the song and completely miss the point of it.

Comments

• My Way - Sid Vicious
  • edited September 2020
    Dinosaur Jr - Just Like Heaven

Guitar was a big improvement but fuck me J.Mascis can't sing. 
  • Elvis Presley's cover of Roger Whittacker's Last Farewell. 
  • All the groups I like don't need to cover other groups songs & the only cover version I can think of is ok. 

Gloria - The Doors

• Dancing in the street

Jagger and Bowie.  

Made even worse by the dad dancing in the video.
    Excruciating to watch.
  • Like a rolling stone by er ... the Rolling Stones.
  • Wishing on a star - Paul Weller. 

Truly, truly awful. 
  • Sponsored links:

Truly, truly awful. 
    I actually like it - think the vocal works well.
  • David Watts by The Jam - truly massacre the song and completely miss the point of it.
    I love it. 

Truly, truly awful. 
    Your music taste must be a joy to behold. Think this version is outstanding. Believe it got to number 2 in the charts. 

Truly, truly awful. 

There's your flag, and we'll call it quits on me saying that I thought Adidas were overrated

;)

• You can take your pick of bad cover versions off this ....

• David Watts by The Jam - truly massacre the song and completely miss the point of it.
    I think Ray Davies genuine affection for his subject really comes through on the Kinks original.
    I don't mind the Jam version, and absolutely love the band, but they kind of thunder through it and lose the charm. I get the impression they despise David Watts
    I think Ray Davies genuine affection for his subject really comes through on the Kinks original.
    I don't mind the Jam version, and absolutely love the band, but they kind of thunder through it and lose the charm. I get the impression they despise David Watts
    the song isn't really about David Watts.

It's about the younger boy idealising the "gay and fancy free" headboy.
    The lyrics and vocals on the Kinks version are really subtle but the Jam completely lose this. It feels like they don't get the song.
    the song isn't really about David Watts.

It's about the younger boy idealising the "gay and fancy free" headboy.
    Indeed it is, and as with most Ray Davies songs the character is a composite.
    But it was inspired by a real life David Watts who Ray mischievously tried to set up for a romantic tryst with his brother.
  • edited September 2020
    all right now ( free) Pepsi and shirlie - and all those remixes by them lovely girls sorry  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    jdsd42 said:
    all right now ( free) Pepsi and shirlie - and all those remixes by them lovely girls sorry  
    You normally like Pepsi and Shirley?

Truly, truly awful. 
    What, the Rose Royce song? Hmm, I've clearly wiped that one from my memory. I'm not sure I want to go and investigate now.
  • aliwibble said:
    Wishing on a star - Paul Weller. 

Truly, truly awful. 
    What, the Rose Royce song? Hmm, I've clearly wiped that one from my memory. I'm not sure I want to go and investigate now.
    Yup. That’s the kiddy. 
  • Joy Divisions version of Agadoo was f'ing shite
  • Paul Weller Official Facebook page stuck "Wishing On A Star" up this morning, coincidentally @SuedeAdidas
  • I'm partial to a bit of well crafted pop, and like a lot of Madonna's music. Her American Pie however is an abomination. See also, Britney spears' I Love Rock and Roll. I'm not so sure that she does!
  • Dancing in the street

Jagger and Bowie.  

Made even worse by the dad dancing in the video.
    Stupid but makes me laugh
    https://youtu.be/BHkhIjG0DKc 

• Tiptoe Through The Tulips - Tiny Tim ( for those that can remember that far back )