Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ghosts !!! TV Series.

So.......

Whilst waiting for THE announcement I decided to watch Ghosts, a BBC comedy, 2nd series. 

Just watched the 3rd episode, 2nd series, on iplayer, and is IMO is as good as the 1st series.

Robin is my favourite character. 

Enjoy.

Comments

• I really like this show and was so happy to see a new series. Apparently the crew have already written series three whilst in lockdown. 

The poet dancing to The Cure was great! 
  • I enjoy watching it with my kids. Miraculously they actually put their screens down when it's on.
  • I am genuinely surprised at how popular this is, only got through first 15mins before switching it off.

Is it a grower? I didn't like the first episode of Camping, but that turned out to be great!
  • Definitely @PopIcon, although I have enjoyed it from the start.
    Like most things, comedy is a personal thing.
    Actually had something in my eye on occasions watching series 2......but in a happy/sad way.
  • I think it is a grower and whilst not the greatest situation comedy ever, it isn't half bad. I will watch the 2nd series. I didn't know there was one. 
  • 2nd series only started last night, but is on iplayer in full
  • I liked the scout leader's death scene. It was funny.
  • I liked the scout leader's death scene. It was funny.
    Wait to you see......

(Series 2, episode 6) !
    😉
  • Finally caught up with the second series ... great easy-watching. 

Look forward to series 3. 

Robin rules  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Christmas special incoming  :):smiley:
    Excellent ... didn’t know that  :D
  • We love it, Simon Farnaby's MP character is brilliant. 
  • Only started watching it during the second series, but have since seen the first one as well.

Really clever and funny.
  • Love it, very good series.

I also watched Cuckoo on iPlayer but each series seemed to get slightly worse (there were 3 in total).

Any other decent comedy series people recommend?
  • Love it, very good series.

I also watched Cuckoo on iPlayer but each series seemed to get slightly worse (there were 3 in total).

Any other decent comedy series people recommend?
    Motherland on BBC2, which has a Christmas special on the same evening as Ghosts.
  • Xmas special.......
  • Anything with Charlotte Ritchie in it is good by me 
  • Just re watching it , can't wait .
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw a interview with the producer who said the cast is smaller this year.

He said obviously due to filming during covid restrictions they couldn't have the basement ghosts involved as obviously they are grouped together.

He said he hopes there is a season 4 so they can return.

He also said they filmed a scene around the table and it was the toughest scene to film as they were only allowed 2/ 3 actors in at a time and it was a scene that involved everyone
  • Love ghosts. It's not the usual British sitcom, and has more jokes packed into it, but it's very silly and funny, and some of the characters are great
  • McBobbin said:
    Love ghosts. It's not the usual British sitcom, and has more jokes packed into it, but it's very silly and funny, and some of the characters are great
    The thing I like about it is exactly that it's silly, but more importantly the characters are actually quite likeable. There's a tendency in comedy for comic characters to be arseholes whose misfortune we laugh at which does often make for good comedy but gets a bit wearing after a while.
  • thenewbie said:
    McBobbin said:
    Love ghosts. It's not the usual British sitcom, and has more jokes packed into it, but it's very silly and funny, and some of the characters are great
    The thing I like about it is exactly that it's silly, but more importantly the characters are actually quite likeable. There's a tendency in comedy for comic characters to be arseholes whose misfortune we laugh at which does often make for good comedy but gets a bit wearing after a while.
    True, even the WW2 guy who is likeable as a character if not as a person at first had an episode that was properly heart melting