Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon's contract

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
How long is it?

Just thinking, if the worst does happen, who of the current team will be on board for next season?

Be good to sign up Ward, Murty and Soares although it would only be Ward, you would think, who would stay.

*All irrelevant because we're staying up, but I thought I'd just ask*

Comments

• Four year deal signed in the summer of 2007 if I remember correctly
  • that's what i remember as well Henry
  • Shame that we've lost nearly half of that with injuries and Pardowie not picking him.

Thank Seed for Parkinsella
  • some of you will have to get real. Why would Ward, Soares, Murty or any other loan player we may get in now want to play in Div 1, esp when they are v.likely to be in the Premiership next season.

Out of our current squad I can see the folowing leaving if we get relegated:

Weaver
    Fortune
    Ambrose
    ZZ

with the following being released:

Holland
    Toddy
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah it was 4 years.

Although I saw early on in January the club said Weaver's contract is up at the end of the season. When he signed they announced it as a 3 year deal. I'm guessing it was probably an optional 3rd year or depending on appearances in the 2nd year, so it could be possible that Racon's 4th year is optional or depends on how many appearances he makes next season.

Wasn't Hasselbaink's contract at Cardiff extended after he made a certain number of appearances?

And I agree we have no chance of signing Soares (even if we stay up), Murty and Ward are unlikely but there's only a chance if we stay up. Are either of their contracts up in the summer? Because we won't have much if anything to spend.
  • Wouldn't be so sure Golf.

Soares definitely won't sign a perm deal but I could see Ward coming and possibly Murty.

Ward is out of the first team picture at Wolves and is from South London while Murty may be surplus to requirements at Reading even if they don't go up.
    Both have settled into the team so who knows.

Be great if we could keep a settled side like the one that played Barnsley at the weekend.

The midfield alone, with Shelvey for Soares, would be a threat at League 1 level.
  • Have had a look and Murty's contract expires in the summer. If he stays at Reading I imagine they'd only give him a years contract, and he'd be back up. If we stay up I think we'd have a decent chance of signing him.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]some of you will have to get real. Why would Ward, Soares, Murty or any other loan player we may get in now want to play in Div 1, esp when they are v.likely to be in the Premiership next season.

Weaver
    Fortune
    Ambrose
    ZZ

Holland
    Toddy

All those players contract are up in the summer anyway apart from Fortune who I'm not sure about.

Murty will depend on Reading but they have already let him go out so don't need him.

Same with Ward and Soares. If we could afford them in Div 3 I doubt very much. In the CCC maybe.
  • We do love to get ahead of ourselves, lol

Whatever division we're playing in, there's bound to be a trade in of players - regardless of out of contract players leaving.

You just know it .... Moo2 to Arsenal, Dicko to Fulham, Racon to Villa and Youga to Spurs. ;o)

Plus most if not all the loanees going home.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All those players contract are up in the summer anyway apart from Fortune who I'm not sure about.

Fortune is, signed a new 3 year deal when Dowie came in.

Pretty good for the club really that our biggest earners are all out of contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Soares and Ward will definitely be off but Murty is a good mate of Parkys and as already stated won`t be staying at Reading. Whats more is he 34 ? Won`t be many CCC clubs falling over one another to sign him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All those players contract are up in the summer anyway apart from Fortune who I'm not sure about.

Pretty good for the club really that our biggest earners are all out of contract.

Just rather a shame we can't get fees for any of them...
  • Signing Murty would be a real possibility I would think. Reading certainly won't want him if they are promoted and may well feel he's past his best by their standards even if they remain in the CCC. Mates with Parky etc as well and available on a free. Would be very surprised if we don't sign him actually, especially if we're relegated.

As for the rest - who knows. The better one's may well be poached if we go down (can't see many of our better players feeling excessive loyalty to us seeing as most have only been around for less than 18 months) and Parky will doubtless want rid of the rubbish ones.

I doubt we'll renew any contracts if we're relegated though and of those out of contract I can only see ZZ, Holland and Forch being wanted again and ZZ may well want out and Holland And Forch are far from certain to be retained given the number of midfielders we have and Forch's inconsitent form.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Holland And Forch are far from certain to be retained given the number of midfielders we have and Forch's incontinent form.

He's alway's been a lanky streak of piss .......

;o)
  • Why would Murty not sign, REading will not keep him and he is friends with Parky. My guess is there is a good chance he will sign whatever division we are in with the possibility of some sort of coaching role on the side (bit like Powelly when he was last here). Ward, not sure, would be great but would imagine he would have other CCC clubs after him so would depend how much he likes South London. Soares = no chance in either league. Stoke will go down and he will go back to them.

If we go down and keep the right players, next years team could be Elliott, Murty, Fortune, ?, Youga, Sam, Bailey, Spring, Racon, Jonjo, Dickson. Think that would be good enough to walk League1 as long as we had a couple of half decent Centre Backs bought in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shame that we've lost nearly half of that with injuries and Pardowie not picking him.

Thank Seed for Parkinsella

With all due respect Henry you are starting to sound like Parky's spin doctor.

Racon was in fact picked by Pardew at the start of the season and it was only injury preventing Pardew sticking with him.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]some of you will have to get real. Why would Ward, Soares, Murty or any other loan player we may get in now want to play in Div 1, esp when they are v.likely to be in the Premiership next season.

Weaver
    Fortune
    Ambrose
    ZZ

Holland
    Toddy

Suspect Fortune with his injury will be with us till jan 2010. We will need a new defence if we go down, Murty will stay CCC, Ward will go back to Wolves or another CCC, Hudson will go for a mill, leaving us with Moo2, Youga and Fortune.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite] With all due respect Henry you are starting to sound like Parky's spin doctor.

Racon was in fact picked by Pardew at the start of the season and it was only injury preventing Pardew sticking with him.

Quite happy for people to think that. It's not the case but if people are free to slag him off and hope his teams lose before they've even kicked a ball then I'm free to say what I think he does well.

No it wasn't only injury.

Last Season under Pardew Racon played 11 reserves team games for us, 8 games for Brighton but only had 1 start and 3 subs for the first team.

He played early on but was injured but had been fit for a while without playing. As soon as Parkinsella was appointed he was picked and scored. He got injured and when fit got back in the team - and scored. I thought he was MOM v Plymouth

Parky and Kinsella rate him, Pardew didn't.
  • edited February 2009
    If Pardew didn't rate him he wouldn't have picked him this season, which he did. The season before there would have been lots of reasons so not relevant.

I am not looking to slag off Parky I give any Charlton manager a fair crack of the whip before going down that road, to be honest although he has had a terrible start I can see what he is trying to do at present and hope he succeeds as any CAFC supporter would I imagine.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All those players contract are up in the summer anyway apart from Fortune who I'm not sure about.

Just rather a shame we can't get fees for any of them...

Ambrose - no one would pay more than £2-300k for him after the last few seasons he's had.
    Holland - no one would offer anything for him.
    Todorov - same as Holland.
    Weaver - similar to Ambrose I'd say, £2-300k or so.
    Zheng - only one we'd get a decent fee for, not a big fee though.
    Fortune - maybe more than Ambrose, not a great deal.

With their Premiership wages clubs would be less likely to buy them. We might be missing out on a bit of money, but at least we can get them off the wage bill quickly at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• You won't get a fee for anyone at the end of their contract - doesn't matter how much they could command under contract.

Only exception, players under 24 - when a 'development' fee has to be paid.
  • What will happen in the summer is that we will shift a lot of wages off the balance sheet
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]What will happen in the summer is that we will have to shift a lot of wages off the balance sheet
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You won't get a fee for anyone at the end of their contract - doesn't matter how much they could command under contract.

Holland looks about 21.
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]If Pardew didn't rate him he wouldn't have picked him this season, which he did. The season before there would have been lots of reasons so not relevant.

I think last season is relevant as he was available and not chosen.
  • Next season, whatever division we are in, we will see a MUCH smaller squad with probably 10-12 senior pros mixed with a similar number of younger players.

That's the way it is so we might as well enjoy it as moan about it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]If Pardew didn't rate him he wouldn't have picked him this season, which he did. The season before there would have been lots of reasons so not relevant.

I think last season is relevant as he was available and not chosen.

There were many midfield players of so called higher profile ZZ Reid Ambrose etc ahead of Racon last season which limited chances for many midfield players not just Racon. That’s just normal football circumstances and that doesn't equate to a player not being rated it is a case of a new player having to make a mark to get ahead of others.

Pardew signed Racon and if he didn't rate him he would have got rid of him as in the case of McCarthy.

We will have to beg to differ on this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You won't get a fee for anyone at the end of their contract - doesn't matter how much they could command under contract.

I know I was saying how much we'd get for them if say they had another year left.

Even if Ambrose had a 5 year contract we'd never get £1m for him like some very optimistic fans imagine we would.
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]

Pardew signed Racon and if he didn't rate him he would have got rid of him as in the case of McCarthy.

We will have to beg to differ on this one.

You can't always get rid of a player easily though. Pardew doesn't rate Aswad Thomas but he only ever got him out on loan this season.

Pardew was a big fan of Holland, and after Semedo's good start liked him in the team, that made it very hard for Racon.
  • ridiculous Pardew was a muppet and didn't play some of our good players, like Racon and Dicko, preferring to farm them out on loan - and who when given a decent chance have proved he was a twat..

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]If we go down and keep the right players, next years team could be Elliott, Murty, Fortune, ?, Youga, Sam, Bailey, Spring, Racon, Jonjo, Dickson. Think that would be good enough to walk League1 as long as we had a couple of half decent Centre Backs bought in.

after the last few years I don't think we are in a position to talk about walking any league.