Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If we sold a player tomorrow......

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Who would you most miss ?

And why ?

Doesn't necessarily have to be the most talented.

Comments

• Fortune or Holland - they are the last link with the glory days!!!
  • Robbie Elliot
  • Racon

one of the few foreign players of recent years that seems to give his all and have ability
  • There can really only be 3

1.Fortune - Stayed loyal and as Ormiston has said they are the only memory we have of the good days in the promised land

2. Holland - Same reasons as Fortune

3. Jonjo - The only bright light we have in these times of darkness
  • I don't think I would miss any of them if I'm honest.
  • Racon - Really like him as a player, will prove to be one of our best players if he stays fit.

Shelvey - What was already said.

Not sure about anyone else. Enjoying seeing Dickson in the team, much more exciting than Gray and more confident than Varney.

Obviously Moutaouakil is another exciting player, but he suits a team near the top of the league, scoring goals and play good attacking football on the floor.

I can see why Elliot was mentioned, nice to have a fan in the team, same sort of thing with Holland and Fortune, they've our most loyal players and we here when things were going well. We'll miss Fortune if we go down and he's replaced by some average League One centre back, we'll realise how much worse it can get.
  • Racon or Shelvey the last 2 players who i have seen and thought i wish we were still in the prem as thses 2 could be stalwarts for years to come and build the team around
  • Racon - because he looks a bit like Tiger Woods
  • Last summer it was Bougherra, before that it was Reid, before that it was Bent.
    So it is a question I'd rather not think about!
  • Hudson. I believe he will be instrumental in our phoenix like rise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey...one feels there's a lot more to come with this guy.
  • Dickson - This site would go into meltdown
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Dickson - This site would go into meltdown

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Who would you most miss ?

And why ?

Doesn't necessarily have to be the most talented.

Anything to do with shelvey signing or not tomorow?!

Most miss - Bailey or Racon - both seem to drive the team on no matter of eithers ability or fitnesss
  • Chris Powell.

..........what do mean..................

...he left ?..........when ?........
  • edited February 2009
    Oi get off the puter MOG and get round my house. LOL

Bailey without a doubt for his goals
  • Easily Racon for me.

Especially as he has the potential to actually be here next season.

Shelvey, I like him and tihnk he is going to a big player in the future but I really can't see us hanging onto him long enough to see him have a big impact at this club :-(.
  • what Scoham said !
  • Weaver, don't need him and we might get some money for him and large wages off the payrole.
  • Burton - His lack of any goals at all should take the pressure off our other strikers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey. Can't believe so few people have mentioned him.

In years to come we'll look back and put him in the same category as the Robinsons/Kinsellas.

A rough diamond who became a decent footballer with us and a Charlton hero.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Bailey. Can't believe so few people have mentioned him.

In years to come we'll look back and put him in the same category as the Robinsons/Kinsellas.

A rough diamond who became a decent footballer with us and a Charlton hero.

This is what I feel. People don't seem to rate him but I love the guy. He is infectious and seems willing to "mix it" when others might shirk!

Him and Racon in centre midfield with Shelvey in front of them and Semedo behind them.....now thats a midfield!!!
  • I really hope Bailey stays, won't be easy replacing him, a player that can score goals AND likes tackling & defending. Something Ambrose, Zheng, Holland and Semedo don't.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Him and Racon in centre midfield with Shelvey in front of them and Semedo behind them.....now thats a midfield!!!

i muted that idea a few days ago about scraping wingers all together lloyd sam is the only reconized one we have left anyway, that would be an awsome midfield.. maybe for next year god willing.

Would most miss Matty Holland, not because of his talent sadly its slipping away but i think he was the last real charlton sigining and one of curbs diamonds, hes up there with sir chris in terms of really caring for this club, as some one said earlier somewhere, a managent team that included Kins, Holland and Powell would be a dream come true, people will say no expericance and all that guff but if we did go down Parky would have to go and there would be no better time to let them step up, theow in steve brown as the defence coach and would be rocking..
  • Seeing Elliot play elsewhere would hurt as we've seen him regularly and seen him grow in the past few months - and seen how much he cares.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]if we did go down Parky would have to go

He won't. If we go down it could be very tight and the board will say that Parkinson will get the chance to rebuild the squad after not having enough time to do it last (this) season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]He won't. If we go down it could be very tight and the board will say that Parkinson will get the chance to rebuild the squad after not having enough time to do it last (this) season

complete kop out if they did that.
  • edited February 2009
    The way the board have been over the last few years it's going to happen. The way they see it, anyone we get in is no better, just as much of a risk (if not more) and he knows the club and the players. Plus he's already started rebuilding the team. I do like how he's trying to rebuild it, we're now more solid and look like we believe we can win games. He'll have an even bigger job in the summer to rebuild whatever division we're in next season though.
  • with Deon Burton and Tesor Kandol....
  • Yes. Making the best out of what he can get. Burton was originally an alternative to Gray. Apart from goals this season Burton has been the better player.

With Kandol we actually look like we might have a good partnership up front. He's linked up with Dickson better than most pairings we've had in a long time.