Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Given the current climate and somewhat fluid international programme I thought that it would be an idea to start an all encompassing all of the year bar the Ashes which deserves a thread in its own right.

Anyway, England have appointed South African legend, Jacques Kallis, as batting consultant for the forthcoming mini tour of Sri Lanka. An interesting appointment but not one that anyone should read too much into as it is felt that Graham Thorpe and/or Marcus Trescothick will return to the fold following this. A great opportunity though for some of our younger batsmen to pick the brains of one of the greatest all rounders of all time.

Comments

• He can teach them not to walk I guess...
  • Lots of international cricket for England in next 15 months. Tours of Sri Lanka and India in New Year. At home we then have one day series v Pakistan and Sri Lanka before the main 5 test series v India (although personally I think it criminal that there is no home test until August!). We then have T20 matches actually in Pakistan, followed by T20 world cup in Aus, and then 5 Ashes test in Aus. 
  • best all rounder for me. 
  • Anyone trying to get tickets for Lords for India? Extortionate prices. 
  • .Pedro45 said:
    He can teach them not to walk I guess...
     First in is Stuart Broad!
    I didn't bother as I converted last season's cancelled WI tickets at The Oval for India in 2021.
    more realistic prices and more fun at the Northern grounds. Shame there's not an Edgbaston test this year
  • 13,289 runs at 55. 292 wickets at 32 also

Kallis has to be best cricketer that everyone took for granted. His numbers are stunning, yet he never grabbed the attention and headlines like the likes of Botham, Imran, Lara, Tendulkar, Flintoff, Stokes, Kohli etc
    He didn’t get the plaudits he richly deserved until near the end of his career. Incredible to be able to bat 3 and then be able to bowl 25 overs
    I didn't bother as I converted last season's cancelled WI tickets at The Oval for India in 2021.
    Same here

I normally apply to Northern grounds for tickets, but not knowing how things will be next year, decided to give it a miss

Next year's schedule looks weird too, due to games being moved back. Only 5 home Tests (against India) and we seem to be excessively playing Asian teams, home and away fixtures against Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan. NINE Tests against India in the same year is well OTT
  • Sponsored links:

• Kallis, a wonderful cricketer who has never got the recognition he deserves .. one of, if not THE greatest EVER all rounders 
  • redman said:
    Anyone trying to get tickets for Lords for India? Extortionate prices. 
    more realistic prices and more fun at the Northern grounds. Shame there's not an Edgbaston test this year
    Had the pleasure of visiting Edgbaston and Headingley last year, so next year we've got tickets for Headingley, Trent Bridge and then Oval for India. 

Keeping fingers crossed for a miracle cure and tentatively looking at options for Australia this time next year.....! 
  • Not Eng, but Ashwin v Smith in that series is shaping up to be very interesting, Ashwin has worked a couple of great traps for him so far.
  • Not Eng, but Ashwin v Smith in that series is shaping up to be very interesting, Ashwin has worked a couple of great traps for him so far.
    Shaping up to be a low scoring series!
  • edited December 2020
    Where can you buy tickets? I just logged onto the Lords site but can't seem to buy any?

What games can you get tickets for now, just the tests?
  • Also it's 10 years to the day since we ripped through the Aussies, bowled them for 98 and ended the day on 157-0 to make retaining The Ashes hugely likely.

I remember listening to TMS through the night, was absolutely brilliant. 
    I could imagine Jimmy and Broady on a magic day ripping through the Aussies like that

Can we put on 600 odd though?
  • I think it's more likely with Crawley emerging, Burns doing OK etc than it seemed about a year ago when the Test side were in one day mode, but that 10/11 batting line up was class and at it's peak, Cook, Trott, KP etc.
  • edited December 2020
    Also it's 10 years to the day since we ripped through the Aussies, bowled them for 98 and ended the day on 157-0 to make retaining The Ashes hugely likely.

I remember listening to TMS through the night, was absolutely brilliant. 
    Wish it was in better quality than 360p

• Nice one Callum, cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing, what a way to spend Boxing Day.
  • Was a pretty magical series that one. I was still at school and it was the last Christmas before my older brother moved out. We spent every night there was play each on a sofa in front of the TV. Don't think we missed much play all series. My dad did a few nights with us but didn't have the stamina. By the end of the series even mum was staying up early to watch. 

Brilliant times and a brilliant series. Up there with 2005 for me.
  • Was a pretty magical series that one. I was still at school and it was the last Christmas before my older brother moved out. We spent every night there was play each on a sofa in front of the TV. Don't think we missed much play all series. My dad did a few nights with us but didn't have the stamina. By the end of the series even mum was staying up early to watch. 

Brilliant times and a brilliant series. Up there with 2005 for me.
    I loved that series as well. And while 2005 will always be special, in retrospect 2010/11 was a much greater achievement, as since 2005 it's the only time an away side has won the an Ashes series, and all other England tours down under have been pretty embarrassing!
  • I think it's more likely with Crawley emerging, Burns doing OK etc than it seemed about a year ago when the Test side were in one day mode, but that 10/11 batting line up was class and at it's peak, Cook, Trott, KP etc.
    cook, trott, KP, bell and then prior. On their day all of them would walk into England's all time XI
    cook, trott, KP, bell and then prior. On their day all of them would walk into England's all time XI
    Cook and KP definitely. 
    I wouldn't go that far, but they were all excellent players, at their peak as shown in the film The Edge.
  • Not England related, but Jason Roy made a nice 49 off 32 balls in the BBL. 
  • Not England related, but Jason Roy made a nice 49 off 32 balls in the BBL. 
    I like comments that are about Jason Roy and start with the words 'not England related'...
  • Amazing, what a way to spend Boxing Day.
    my fiance has family in tasmania, gonna try and time having xmas out there, getting the first flight to melbourne in the morning and go straight to the MCG for boxing day ashes test... might not happen for a few years tho