Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

20/21 Full Season Predicted - Anyone fancy a charitable challenge this season?

Got to say I have assumed the takeover is a done deal and we'll spend a little before the season kicks off. 

Missed out last season by overestimating 7 points. 

This season, we're going big as TS won't settle for anything else. 88 points and a push following January rather than a slump.

This season I am willing to go head to head with 5 other lifers. 

For each lifer that is closer than I to the season total I will donate £10 to the upbeats. For each one I am closer than, they must donate £10 to upbeats.

Basically the upbeats get £50 no matter what!

Comments

• Straight away I dont think we'll do the double over Accrington

Forgetting about that little prick: Sam Finley, they were tough, organised bastards in the two games we played and dont expect them to have changed one bit!!
  • edited September 2020
    Historical efforts:
    In 17/18 I predicted 73 points and we finished on 71. 
    In 18/19 I predicted 70 points and we finished a huge 18 ahead of that! I did say in that thread that a couple of decent loans coming in could change things... Then Bielik and Cullen arrived. 
    in 19/20 I predicted 55 points we finished on 48. I prefaced that prediction with the following statement:

"As we have been promoted, I am basing this years prediction solely on us getting Bielik and/or Cullen and/or 2 players at least of their ability to replace them.  Without those two I'd say we'll struggle to break the 46 barrier, averaging fewer than 1 point per game."

Sadly getting Cullen only brought us those 2 extra points, had we kept Gallagher or if Tyle Laylor had played out the last few games I am certain we'd have been within a couple of points and be discussing this in the Championship. 

• edited September 2020
    I've just realised my prediction would be the same as 18/19's total tally.

Which got us play offs in third obviously. 17/18 would have been the same and 16/17 would have been autos. 

It's fair to say I am firmly in the top 6 camp providing we can get in a supporting cast!

I'll stop talking to myself now and check in every 9 games. 

• Straight away I dont think we'll do the double over Accrington

Forgetting about that little prick: Sam Finley, they were tough, organised bastards in the two games we played and dont expect them to have changed one bit!!
    Your post didn't load for some reason, I see where you're coming from but I see everyone in this league as beatable with our current squad, with a few upgrades and supporting players I think we'll do very well. Accrington won't know what's hit em ;)
  • Anyone in for the challenge? 

If not I'll devise another way the updates can get a donation based on how close my predicted total is to the actual total.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Got to say I have assumed the takeover is a done deal and we'll spend a little before the season kicks off. 

Missed out last season by overestimating 7 points. 

This season, we're going big as TS won't settle for anything else. 88 points and a push following January rather than a slump.

This season I am willing to go head to head with 5 other lifers. 

For each lifer that is closer than I to the season total I will donate £10 to the upbeats. For each one I am closer than, they must donate £10 to upbeats.

Basically the upbeats get £50 no matter what!
    This is going well... 3 points behind target.
  • After 5 games I predicted we'd have 8 points, 7 points is our actual total. 

So far only Crewe result was correct.

If we win tonight we move to 10 and 1 point ahead of where I had us after 6 games. 
  • edited October 2020
    From here i'll do it Dazzle? i'll have to go through from this point, we start on the same bit so your previous results are null and void? 

I will try and do today, worst case tomorrow.
    We win 0-1 tonight FYI , 3 points to my total if i am not in time. 

£20 each , money to charity of the winners choice?? @Dazzler21

Always enjoy following this since you started so why not :) 
  • edited October 2020
    Game  Team   Prediction Points
    5 Ipswich A Lose 0
    7 Blackpool A Win 3
    8 Northampton A Win 3
    9 Oxford H Win 3
    10 Portsmouth A Draw 1
    11 Fleetwood H Draw 1
    12 Rochdale H Win 3
    13 Gillingham A Draw 1
    14 Burton A Lose 0
    15 MK Dons H Win 3
    16 Shrewsbury A Win 3
    17 AFC Wimbledon H Win 3
    18 Bristol R H Win 3
    19 Swindon A Draw 1
    20 Plymouth H Win 3
    21 Peterborough A Lose 0
    22 Hull A Draw 1
    23 Accrington H Win 3
    24 Bristol R A Win 3
    25 Swindon H Win 3
    26 MK Dons A Win 3
    27 Portsmouth H Draw 1
    28 Rochdale A Win 3
    29 Gillingham H Win 3
    30 Fleetwood A Win 3
    31 Burton H Win 3
    32 Blackpool H Win 3
    33 Wigan A Lose 0
    34 Oxford A Draw 1
    35 Northampton H Win 3
    36 Shrewsbury H Win 3
    37 AFC Wimbledon A Draw 1
    38 Crewe H Win 3
    39 Doncaster A Lose 0
    40 Lincoln H Win 3
    41 Sunderland A Win 3
    42 Ipswich H Draw 1
    43 Plymouth A Win 3
    44 Peterborough H Win 3
    45 Accrington A Win 3
    46 Hull H Win 3
  • A tad bit speculative i guess, but still thats points from now lol going to be way out :( 
    97 total, but if you start from 0 now? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    A tad bit speculative i guess, but still thats points from now lol going to be way out :( 
    You have the benefit of seeing our final team. I think 97 will be too high, but will be interesting to see how it shapes up.

Anyway added your predictions to my table:

Previous predictions don't matter, just the total points tally. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    A tad bit speculative i guess, but still thats points from now lol going to be way out :( 
    You have the benefit of seeing our final team. I think 97 will be too high, but will be interesting to see how it shapes up.

It is still a team in transition but i agree, happy for you to redo the remaining, although going by my estimate i feel we wont get that many points just did at a glance so could be way off and far too optimistic :) 

I will take somewhere in between as normally 90 is around top 3. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

It is still a team in transition but i agree, happy for you to redo the remaining, although going by my estimate i feel we wont get that many points just did at a glance so could be way off and far too optimistic :) 

Closest wins, but I'll help you out and say if we surpass 92 you automatically win. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Closest wins, but I'll help you out and say if we surpass 92 you automatically win. 
    We would both be more than happy with that tbf ei ei eio... 
  • So after game six in 2018/19 we were 10th on eight points and had just recorded a narrow win @ Southend, it put us eight points behind 1st

We're now in 11th after six games (most have played seven), we've got ten points and are eight points behind 1st...

• After 8 games played:

I had us down for 15pts (plus Ipswich draw) predicted 3/8 results correctly. Annoyingly I also remember changing the Sunderland and Oxford results believing they were unrealistic. It is what it is though and keeps my total close! 

Johnny has us down for 16 (and loss Vs Ipswich) he also called our 3 game run post Wigan all as wins, so is not just literally winning but technically doing it more accurately too! 3/3 games predicted correct results.

• @johnnybev1987 Now 1 point ahead of the addicks, whilst I am currently spot on target.

A draw against the Wombles will see me maintain accuracy and Johnny will jump to 3 points ahead of actual. 

• I hope you are not wishing for a draw tonight bud?!! :open_mouth:

I thought mine was looking good when winning , but hindsight i think i was overly ambitious. So inconsistent just impossible to guess it sometimes even on the day this season lol 
  • I hope you are not wishing for a draw tonight bud?!! :open_mouth:

I thought mine was looking good when winning , but hindsight i think i was overly ambitious. So inconsistent just impossible to guess it sometimes even on the day this season lol 
    I'll take a draw tonight so long as we win Saturday! Who do we have tonight ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    I hope you are not wishing for a draw tonight bud?!! :open_mouth:

I'll take a draw tonight so long as we win Saturday! Who do we have tonight ;)
    My mistake. sorry just assumed tonight we had a game. Kept waiting for that preview thread too lol as you were...
  • @johnnybev1987 currently +9, I'm currently +2...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    @johnnybev1987 currently +9, I'm currently +2...
    looking good for you mate, our inconsistencies have cost me :) 
  • I have us to lose 4 more games this season, you have us down for 3, I think we've both sold the draws short. 
  • 97 points  !!!  Jesus wept. I wish had shorted you at the start of the season. And you both have us not to lose another game until we play Wigan in 9 games time.......and then only another 1 defeat in the next 8. 2 defeats in the next 17 games !!  God knows what you both were on back in September. Nox  ??
  • 97 points  !!!  Jesus wept. I wish had shorted you at the start of the season. And you both have us not to lose another game until we play Wigan in 9 games time.......and then only another 1 defeat in the next 8. 2 defeats in the next 17 games !!  God knows what you both were on back in September. Nox  ??
    I had the hindsight of TS and a few signings, Dazzle really was in the dark and had less information but clearly is on a better track then myself. 

I dont know 97 seemed high, but as it was done game by game, i didn't really account for the inconsistencies and the 3 games a week battle/injuries. I cant really make excuses as i had more info than Dazzle. All part of the fun and for charity after all, so they are the real winner :) 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I have us to lose 4 more games this season, you have us down for 3, I think we've both sold the draws short. 
    2 more draws left for me, i put 8 down, so this could be a factor , i think you are on the home straight pretty much unless we start winning most our games and go on a real run 
  • edited February 2021
    Rochdale up next... 

Updated the table a bit... 

Only 7 points between us now @johnnybev1987

If we go on either of our predicted runs til the end of the season then we'll finish with at least 82 points. Should be enough for play offs. 
  • This weeks one cheesed me off, not looking likely but one can hope :) not fussed about the bet side of it just be nice if we can get a run together.