Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

As I type this a warrant is being issued for my arrest

Just got a phonecall from one of those recorded message things telling me I owed HMRC money and if I didn't press "1" immediately then a warrant would be issued for my arrest.

I didn't press "1".

To be fair, I've had a good run and it was only a matter of time before I got done for something .......... but this could be my last post ........ 

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Just got a phonecall from one of those recorded message things telling me I owed HMRC money and if I didn't press "1" immediately then a warrant would be issued for my arrest.

I didn't press "1".

To be fair, I've had a good run and it was only a matter of time before I got done for something .......... but this could be my last post ........ 
    I've had a few of these. As if the taxman/police would phone you and warn you that they're looking for you: 

"Yeah, thanks for the warning. I'll pack a bag and go on the run now"
  • smiffyboy said:
    I wont be far behind as i had a call this morning telling me my National insurance number is being used fraudulently and if i didn't press 1 the same would happen. Guess i might see you in the police station.
    I had that one last week three times. Weirdly all three calls were from minor digit variations of my own mobile number
  • @ricky_otto had a similar one of these too (not from HMRC), which resulted in a 5 o'clock wake up call 2 days later and having his laptop & phone seized.
  • Crikey, don't let the buggers get you down. 
  • @ricky_otto had a similar one of these too (not from HMRC), which resulted in a 5 o'clock wake up call 2 days later and having his laptop & phone seized.
    Still not got the laptop back either. 
  • You think you’ve got it bad.
    Someone has made a purchase using my Amazon prime account, my BT internet is going to be cut off, my HSBC account has been compromised, there are problems with my virgin internet speed and the wheels are coming off my football team.
    Luckily, all but one of those issues can be resolved by pressing #1
    Why's it not going to sort out the internet? #confused
  • Sponsored links:

• I got a preemptive pardon from the Donald so bring it on!
  • Off_it said:

I didn't press "1".

I know a couple of the prison officers in Belmarsh, I’ll put in a good word for you so that you can have access to CL.
  • Off_it said:

I didn't press "1".

had this a couple of weeks ago, put phone down, still not been arrested …. sorry, got to go, there's a knock on the door ...
  • edited January 2021
    Off_it said:

I didn't press "1".

I had a similar call. There was no way that I was letting them hold all of the cards - so I waited 30 seconds before pressing "1".

#StickingItToTheMan  B)

• edited January 2021
    I usually try and hang on to speak to somebody, and then when they answer explain to them that I’m a policeman.

They don’t call back for a long time.
  • Sorry Of_It, but it's your own fault for daring to publish your experiences with the Department - they don't like that sort of thing ;)
  • iainment said:
    I got a preemptive pardon from the Donald so bring it on!
    Press 2 for a pardon from the most amazingest President of the United States there has ever been
  • Answer your door @Off_it or me and boys will kick it in.
  • It's ok - I'll bail you out with my Nigerian Prince money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't worry, loads of police records get deleted, so Mark Francios tells me.
  • Had a call yesterday telling me about suspicious activity on my broadband, and I was going to be disconnected unless I pressed “1”. Funny how it’s still working today....
  • Off_it said:
    I'm still here. No knock on the door yet. But I'm getting increasingly worried and you guys don't seem to be taking this seriously. The voice on the message was monotone, lifeless, devoid of all human emotion, so I know it was definitely HMRC.

This could be my last post ....
    Not necessarily. Could've been DWP.
  • cafctom said:
    I usually try and hang on to speak to somebody, and then when they answer explain to them that I’m a policeman.

They don’t call back for a long time.
    Impersonating a police officer eh lad. You better come along with me then. You’re nicked.
  • I've had 2 calls so far
  • They phoned my wife the other day. Waiting for that knock on the door!
  • I wonder what the government are doing to try to prevent this kind of fraud?