Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Remaining fixtures

It seems most of our difficult fixtures are all at the end of the season in April/May

Doncaster      A
Lincoln City   H
Sunderland    A
Ipswich          H
Plymouth       A
Pboro              H
Accrington     A
Hull                  H

Definitely need to go on a decent run before that to have playoff hopes. Will be a challenging end to the season.

Comments

• Was going to say we do ok against the better clubs but looking at the games with them this season:-

Doncaster - Lost
    Lincoln - Lost
    Sunderland - Drew
    Ipswich - Won
    Plymouth - Drew
    Pboro - Lost
    Accrington - Lost
    Hull - Lost

• iaitch said:
    Was going to say we do ok against the better clubs but looking at the games with them this season:-

Doncaster - Lost
    Lincoln - Lost
    Sunderland - Drew
    Ipswich - Won
    Plymouth - Drew
    Pboro - Lost
    Accrington - Lost
    Hull - Lost

Not great...
  • Combined with the top eight teams from two years ago:

Luton: Drew | Won
    Barnsley: Won | Lost
    Portsmouth: Won | Won
    Sunderland: Lost | Drew
    Doncaster: Won | Drew
    Peterborough: Lost | Drew
    Coventry: Lost | Lost
    Burton Albion: Won | Won
  • Another double over Pompey this weekend would be good.
  • iaitch said:
    Another double over Pompey this weekend would be good.
    Bowyer has a 100% record over Kenny Jackett whenever they've faced as Managers
  • edited January 2021
    We’ve played too many games compared to our playoff rivals. Monumental run of wins needed to remedy that. Possible certainly but I haven’t seen anything in our performances overall that inspires confidence that we will. 
  • This games in hand stuff is just nonsense. Some of those clubs are going to need play 3/4 a week in the coming months to catch up, good luck with the piss thin salary cap restricted squads some of those teams have. 

• We’ve played too many games compared to our playoff rivals. Monumental run of wins needed to remedy that. Possible certainly but I haven’t seen anything in our performances overall that inspires confidence that we will. 
    We could do it if Iniss and Famewo return soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Our next midweek game is not until 23rd Feb, where as most of the top 5 are playing Sat/Tues for most of February, in some cases playing each other, so by the end of the February there should be a clearer picture of the league postions. 
  • Rothko said:
    This games in hand stuff is just nonsense. Some of those clubs are going to need play 3/4 a week in the coming months to catch up, good luck with the piss thin salary cap restricted squads some of those teams have. 

Well It’s opinions of course but ultimately it means whatever we do might not be enough. If we were pulling up trees I might agree with you but we’re not and don’t look likely to as far as I can see. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Our next midweek game is not until 23rd Feb, where as most of the top 5 are playing Sat/Tues for most of February, in some cases playing each other, so by the end of the February there should be a clearer picture of the league postions. 
    And hopefully a bit of fatigue will set in for our rivals,playing all those games on heavy pitches🤞
  • It seems most of our difficult fixtures are all at the end of the season in April/May

Doncaster      A
    Lincoln City   H
    Sunderland    A
    Ipswich          H
    Plymouth       A
    Pboro              H
    Accrington     A
    Hull                  H

Definitely need to go on a decent run before that to have playoff hopes. Will be a challenging end to the season.

that is a play off/promotion tournament if there ever was .. I wonder if any fans will be allowed in by then
     .. (to answer my question .. unlikely)
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Our next midweek game is not until 23rd Feb, where as most of the top 5 are playing Sat/Tues for most of February, in some cases playing each other, so by the end of the February there should be a clearer picture of the league postions. 
    Plus next week the EFL Trophy Pizza cup is being played, with 7 of the 8 teams being from L1, and 5 of those promotion rivals (Hull, Lincoln, Sunderland, Oxford, Posh)
  • It seems most of our difficult fixtures are all at the end of the season in April/May

Doncaster      A
    Lincoln City   H
    Sunderland    A
    Ipswich          H
    Plymouth       A
    Pboro              H
    Accrington     A
    Hull                  H

Home games all winnable. Plymouth away winnable. Accrington dead on their feet after playing 15 games in 5 weeks.

Tough ones there are obviously Donny and Sunderland but more than capable of getting draws.

To summarise, i think we've got promotion in the bag.
  • Doncaster      A - Bogle to score the winner
    Lincoln City   H - After Lincoln win, Appleton is interviewed in front of his Charlton Life meme picture
    Sunderland    A - McGeady to score the winner from 25 yards
    Ipswich          H - 0-0. Even ForeverAddickted is a bit negative after the game 
    Plymouth       A - Ben Reeves scores the winner, and in the goal celebration his hair transplant falls off 
    Pboro              H - MacAnthony and Southall spotted celebrating their win in the stands
    Accrington     A - 3-0 win for them. Bowyer subs Maddison after 30 seconds and blames him for the defeat as he wasn't happy with the way he was standing at kickoff
    Hull                  H - Josh Magennis hattrick. Scott Minto quits as Valley Pass presenter and is replaced by Paul Sturgess
    No chance mate... I'm sure I can find something else to blame for the performance ;) 
  • Charlton's home fixture against Bristol Rovers has been rearranged to Tuesday, March 16th (7pm).
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60115d82147e8/new-date-set-for-bristol-rovers-home-clash
  • That gives us 3 home games on the trot Northampton, Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Doncaster      A - Bogle to score the winner
    Lincoln City   H - After Lincoln win, Appleton is interviewed in front of his Charlton Life meme picture
    Sunderland    A - McGeady to score the winner from 25 yards
    Ipswich          H - 0-0. Even ForeverAddickted is a bit negative after the game 
    Plymouth       A - Ben Reeves scores the winner, and in the goal celebration his hair transplant falls off 
    Pboro              H - MacAnthony and Southall spotted celebrating their win in the stands
    Accrington     A - 3-0 win for them. Bowyer subs Maddison after 30 seconds and blames him for the defeat as he wasn't happy with the way he was standing at kickoff
    Hull                  H - Josh Magennis hattrick. Scott Minto quits as Valley Pass presenter and is replaced by Paul Sturgess
    brilliant 
  • clive said:
    Charlton's home fixture against Bristol Rovers has been rearranged to Tuesday, March 16th (7pm).
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60115d82147e8/new-date-set-for-bristol-rovers-home-clash
    I had wondered why this wasn't rearranged for February until I checked Rovers' fixture list, and they have L1 games every Tuesday in February. Indeed 16th March is the first available midweek slot they have!
    That's 10 consecutive weeks they'll be playing mid week matches (12th January to 16th March)
  • I don’t think we are consistent enough this season to finish top six unfortunately. I will gladly be proved wrong though.

if we can get back to the performances of October and November then things could be very different. 

Additionally,  this is Charlton and it would be typical for us to get to Wembley and no fans be allowed to attend.
  • I don’t think we are consistent enough this season to finish top six unfortunately. I will gladly be proved wrong though.

if we can get back to the performances of October and November then things could be very different. 

Additionally,  this is Charlton and it would be typical for us to get to Wembley and no fans be allowed to attend.
    We've been to Wembley recently, so it wouldn't be such a big deal to miss out this season. I'm more annoyed about missing the London Stadium last autumn...

70 points would usually see us finish 6th. Need to win 10 matches between now and end of the season If we are to have any chance of finishing in the play offs, we need to start winning back to back matches. Need this to start on Saturday against Portsmouth. 

We've been to Wembley recently, so it wouldn't be such a big deal to miss out this season. I'm more annoyed about missing the London Stadium last autumn...
    Yes, that was a sickener I was also gutted to miss Lincoln, Crewe and Burton. Was travelling for work ( It was impossible to move it) last time we played Burton so have missed both opportunities to go there.

I can still remember the draw when we got West Ham and the realisation we couldn’t go!!

70 points would usually see us finish 6th. Need to win 10 matches between now and end of the season If we are to have any chance of finishing in the play offs, we need to start winning back to back matches. Need this to start on Saturday against Portsmouth. 
    If we can match October and November form winning ten is realistic. Whether we can regain that form though remains to be seen.

I didn’t expect much last night and was pleasantly surprised 
  • Even though we haven't got the results we wanted in some of our games in hand, I do think those teams will struggle with fixture congestion. As it stands Sunderland, Peterborough, Lincoln and Hull are still in the pizza trophy so there's additional games they have to fit in. 

Yes, that was a sickener I was also gutted to miss Lincoln, Crewe and Burton. Was travelling for work ( It was impossible to move it) last time we played Burton so have missed both opportunities to go there.

I can still remember the draw when we got West Ham and the realisation we couldn’t go!!
    I wanted to go to Lincoln and Crewe (as new grounds) too, and Burton is a great place to visit with its pubs and breweries...
  • Rothko said:
    This games in hand stuff is just nonsense. Some of those clubs are going to need play 3/4 a week in the coming months to catch up, good luck with the piss thin salary cap restricted squads some of those teams have. 

There are 3 "empty" midweeks until the next scheduled lots of sat / tues / sat that start towards the end of Feb.I would imagine the teams around us have already rearranged their matches during this period & so in a months time most teams would have all played roughly the same no of games.