Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley and Ben Watson Q&A - Bromley Addicks 11 Feb

13»

Comments

• Options
    No wonder they get injured in training , their playing so hard they over do it and so are fucked by the match day , hence the plethora of shitness we’ve been showered with !
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates. Interesting to hear DP say Albie is a Championship midfielder. @Dazzler21 will be happy with that! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Thanks for the updates. Interesting to hear DP say Albie is a Championship midfielder. @Dazzler21 will be happy with that! 
    Too right I will, it's clear that if he can sort his few minor failings he will be very good. 

I believe he's shown he has the ability to respond positively to criticism and grow as a player.

He handled Bowyer's comments in the exact way Bowyer would have wanted. 
    Agree. Sounds like he's been working hard in training so would like to see him playing more.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Too right I will, it's clear that if he can sort his few minor failings he will be very good. 

I believe he's shown he has the ability to respond positively to criticism and grow as a player.

He handled Bowyer's comments in the exact way Bowyer would have wanted. 
    Agree. Sounds like he's been working hard in training so would like to see him playing more.
    With JFC out I guess it's him or Smith. 

@Henry Irving thanks for sharing. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Only thing outside the usual Oggy was it come across quite clear that if you don’t go about things the right way, don’t put the effort into training, you won’t be playing on Saturday. Was clear that Maddison fell under that and he didn’t help himself, and that Morgan has really upped his game in that respect since he come back from Covid.

Clear also that Bowyer doesn’t sugar coat, he tells it how it is and his honesty with players is his strength.  

Neither of those will be surprises to anyone but they were my two main take aways. 
    Thanks, @AFKABartram

Much appreciated!

• Options
    Thank you for the summary. Very illuminating.
  • Options
    Only thing outside the usual Oggy was it come across quite clear that if you don’t go about things the right way, don’t put the effort into training, you won’t be playing on Saturday. Was clear that Maddison fell under that and he didn’t help himself, and that Morgan has really upped his game in that respect since he come back from Covid.

Clear also that Bowyer doesn’t sugar coat, he tells it how it is and his honesty with players is his strength.  

Neither of those will be surprises to anyone but they were my two main take aways. 

And as I think you identified on another thread - that's very Curbs like. Some players will buy into it, others won't. It may alienate the odd talented player which will frustrate some fans, but the flip side is some players will run through brick walls for a manager like that. You have to find 11 of those players (maybe 20 these days in the era of squads rather than teams), but if you can you'll be amazed how far that team can go.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Which virtual guest would you like us to get next?
    Henry Irving, of course.

Seriously, I'd be interested to learn of the behind-the-scenes stuff, when he was Fans Director.

It really wasn't that interesting.

The lack of drugs, money, girls, fast cars, it all gets very boring very quickly
    Fixed.