Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seasonal Food

Hot cross buns. Top stuff, right up there with winter ale as one of our greatest seasonal foods. Should be available all year.

Comments

• Stig said:
    Hot cross buns. Top stuff, right up there with winter ale as one of our greatest seasonal foods. Should be available all year.
    In most supermarkets it is.
  • I'm with you on the fresh produce Hans, but buns and beer are manufactured.
  • Christmas pudding is terrific in late December.  But I imagine it would be like a turgid fat-filled football in mid Summer. 
  • Stig said:
    Just buy teacakes which are basically hot cross buns without the cross. 
  • The salted caramel and chocolate hot cross buns in M&S are next level.

Chilli cheese ones are decent too.

Always used to love the smell of hot cross buns wafting over from them baking in the big Hovis factory by Northumberland Heath.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    No, the joy of seasonal food is that it's seasonal. I want to look forward to it and notice the changing of the seasons.
    I'm fully with this. I like that certain foods aren't available year round, it makes you look forward to the time of year that your favourites are available, and they taste better for not being around year round...
  • The salted caramel and chocolate hot cross buns in M&S are next level.

Bought some of those by mistake this week ... actually quite nice
  • Stig said:
    I'm with you on the fresh produce Hans, but buns and beer are manufactured.

I take your point, though as I dislike the short days of winter, I still prefer to have seasonal dark fireside beers to look forward to in the autumn.