Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal Ban St George Flags

Blackburn fans had St George flags removed by stewards on Saturday, the stewards said the flag was "racist" -----------arsenal latter confirmed this was their policy -----------------------------------god i love that club .

wheres me petrol can.

Comments

• The French hate us remember !
  • I thought all flags were banned at the Emirates as part of their policy?
  • wonder if they sell em in their club shop
  • not all flags i was in the box against Hull in fa cup last week (first time i have ever supported another english club go on the hull) and there was dozens of gooner flags about.

GH they are a shit no mark football club and we pissed every single one of their fans off in our vicinty, i lost support for Hull when they started singing your getting pawed by the tigers in a more camp way than that bloody CAFC cafc cafc cafc song
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I thoughtallflags were banned at the Emirates as part of their policy?

All national flags are after a row between Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

Silly but consistent.

What is worse is the the Mayor is going to waste tax payers money on St Georges day celebrations, folk singers and English food etc plus fly the cross of St George from County Hall.

It's not right I tell you. What are we English people going to moan about now? : - )
  • Henry they would have to but one first. Mind you i bet dear old Ken had every country in the evr dwindling socialst alliance.
  • Henry, Eliza Carthy is actually very good I saw her sing with Billy Bragg at Glastonbury a few years back.

Now we are dropping down a division, can I bring my flag are do I still need it "fire proofed" . . . . . .
  • it is just national flags. Not just st georges

this is after all that hullaballoo about the turkish cypriot flag some gooner put up and the arsenal bubbles got the hump so Arsenal have banned all flags of any nation to be fair to them.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Henry, Eliza Carthy is actually very good I saw her sing with Billy Bragg at Glastonbury a few years back.

Now we are dropping down a division, can I bring my flag are do I still need it "fire proofed" . . . . . .

Don't care how good she is. Shouldn't be wasting tax payers money on her and spoiling our right to moan about not having any celebrations. : - )

Might be some seats to spread it over now. in fact bringing flags should be encouraged to fill gaps in the stands.

And it's not just Charlton. We couldn't take the small flag to an away game as we couldn't find the fire cert for it.

[cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry they would have to but one first. Mind you i bet dear old Ken had every country in the evr dwindling socialst alliance.

Sorry GH, I know you're a bit dyslexic, like me, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.
  • Thats fair enough if its their policy to ban all flags, can see why they might cause a few problems in north london...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What is worse is the the Mayor is going to waste tax payers money on St Georges day celebrations, folk singers and English food etc plus fly the cross of St George from County Hall.

what again,after all the celebrations that we've had for the last few years? we won't put up with this.i am going onto facebook,there must be a group on there that i can join on that dealing with this issue.
  • I have no idea what you are talking about? Is this a joke?
  • edited March 2009
    Henry

I am with you. Can we march somewhere and chain ourselves to something?
  • ken Livingston both chain yourself to him.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Henry

No, that's too continental and actually doing something.

Moaning on the internet or a letters page of a paper is more English.
  • or just tutting or sighing
  • [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]or just tutting or sighing

Excellent suggestions.
  • tut
  • [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Thats fair enough if its their policy to ban all flags, can see why they might cause a few problems in north london...

I really dont see why the English national flag should not be flown/worn at an English football match.
    This sort of nonsense makes it worse and really antagonises people.
    They really should change that policy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Re. St George's day
    This may come as a shock, but there are people who moan on the internet, write to the papers AND do something.
  • In fact the more I think about it it should actually be illegal for Arsenal to have that policy in the first place.

Was in Switzerland last year and of course they have both the National flag and the local Canton flag flying everywhere. Think its great.

And one of the best things about football is how colourful it can be. More flags the merrier for me.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it is just national flags. Not just st georges

this is after all that hullaballoo about the turkish cypriot flag some gooner put up and the arsenal bubbles got the hump so Arsenal have banned all flags of any nation to be fair to them.[/quote]

Banning the flag OK but calling it racist FFS thats fair
  • Not sure if it's just certain states, or the whole of the US, but they have a great law, basically you can fly any flag you want, but you have to fly the US flag too and it has to be the highest flag (or at least at the same level).
  • It doesn't make sense to me, I can understand them banning foreign national flags, although I don't agree but Union and St Georges flags should be allowed as they are the flags of this country...the country they play in.
  • must make all their English players and fans really pissed off -----------------------hold on !
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Not forgetting the traditional complaint: it's political correctness gone mad innit.
  • noooooooooooooooo PC madness in England of course there isnt.

So Cypriots Greece / Turks have a row in England but the English (along with the rest) flag gets banned ? if thats not PC what is ?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Not forgetting the traditional complaint: it's political correctness gone mad innit.

Surely you can see that what arsenal are doing is an absolute disgrace?
  • I hope they get Rangers/Celtic in the Champions League (or UEFA Cup) next year and try and take their Union/Irish flag's off of those boys.