Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spandau Ballet to reform

Thought you might all like to know.

Comments

• Must be running out of cash !
  • Why?
  • Spent it all ?
  • More annoyed by missing the Depeche Mode pre sale at the O2
  • Why indeed but playing the O2 in October.
  • It's true
  • that's pure gold.
  • To cut a long story short I think they've lost their minds
  • Not gonna buy a ticket - just gonna jump throught the barricades
  • I don't need this pressure on Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't wind anyone up on this thread, they could be highly strung
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I wouldn't wind anyone up on this thread, they could be highly strung

Or worse Musclebound.
  • To cut a long story short...they are doing it for the money.
  • I knew they were going to, must be my Instinction.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I knew they were going to, must be my Instinction.

True, it was only a matter of time.
  • Like all these reunions - It'll end up going Round and Round and they'll need a Lifeline.
  • article-1145862-00FD23F400000578-832_468x357.jpg

Thats great news..

"$£ 0 klk;#lk 234

sorry Why do i find it hard to write the next line.... ;-)
  • Yeah it's TRUE but they made it THROUGH THE BARRICADES of hatred and loathing, Tony Hadley was said to be HIGHLY STRUNG and along with the other members gave the brothers Kemp THE FREEZE and things went ROUND AND ROUND in the courts but TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT they are now reforming. Possibly for the lure of all the GOLD on offer.

I'm here all week
  • What have we done to deserve this?
  • On the radio news today, they said "The press conference will be held on HMS Belfast in Greenwich! so who ever untied it will you please return it to its rightful place.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]On the radio news today, they said "The press conference will be held on HMS Belfast in Greenwich! so who ever untied it will you please return it to its rightful place.[/quote]

I never heard that. Communication let me down
  • badum....tish!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]jeez!

It's all Gordon Brown's fault Pilch...

;-)
  • I agree, desperate times call for desperate reunions of desperately poor 80's bands! ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I agree, desperate times call for desperate reunions of desperately poor 80's bands! ;o)

Oh come on, if they should be reforming is there to be debated, but to call them a poor 80's band is a bit much. They were exactly that an 80's band. Glenn Miller 50's, Buddy Holly 60's, Sweet and Slade 70's and so on to the modern day it's all about opinions. Elvis Presley does nothing for me, But Da9 raves about him as is his right. But I wonder if in 25 years time, the likes of The Editors, The Coral, Oasis amongst others would get the same turn out should they reform as Spandeu Ballet, Take That, etc...................wanders off singing.....................Thats right, thats right, that right I really love your TIger Feet. ;)
  • I don't like to be picky T.C.E but poor old Glen Miller didn't even make the 50's, he died in the war.
    As your first single was also like mine, Dance With The Devil by Cozy Powell, I won't claim any points! ;-)
    I agree with your points though, music is as subjective topic as you can get.
    I would pay top dollar to see the original Slade line up live, a possibility even if dear old Neville always pooh poohs the idea.
    I love Elvis by the way, I also thoroughly enjoy Malcolm Laycock's Sunday night show on Radio 2 featuring Big Band and Swing, Russell Davis' show which precedes that is a wonderful insight into the history of popular music.
    I also by every NOW album and play them in the car, 72 is out soon.
    I reckon my tastes are fairly wide.
    Back to Spandau, I didn't hear that they sold out in 3 mins etc like Take That. Anyone know how sales went?
  • the first gig sold out quickly so they added another date. We are going for a trip down memory lane along with quite a few others i know. Might have to dress up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I don't like to be picky T.C.E but poor old Glen Miller didn't even make the 50's, he died in the war.
    As your first single was also like mine, Dance With The Devil by Cozy Powell, I won't claim any points! ;-)
    I agree with your points though, music is as subjective topic as you can get.
    I would pay top dollar to see the original Slade line up live, a possibility even if dear old Neville always pooh poohs the idea.
    I love Elvis by the way, I also thoroughly enjoy Malcolm Laycock's Sunday night show on Radio 2 featuring Big Band and Swing, Russell Davis' show which precedes that is a wonderful insight into the history of popular music.
    I also by every NOW album and play them in the car, 72 is out soon.
    I reckon my tastes are fairly wide.
    Back to Spandau, I didn't hear that they sold out in 3 mins etc like Take That. Anyone know how sales went?

Picky? not at all Chirpy, Glenn Miller might have died during the war, but I wasnt born until "57" so thats when I listened to him. THATS PICKY ;)
    I love the varied opinions towards music on here, Henry said about Pink Flyods music , Curb_it and Suzi have introduced me to some of the modern day bands I had never heard of, but I never understood the need to rubbish someone elses taste in whatever it maybe, because its not the same as mine!
    Now wheres my "Manilow Magic" cd......................................"one voice signing in the darkness, just one voice."....................
  • Please don't give them any encouragement.