Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Borough Market Today!

MCSMCS
edited March 2009 in Match Day Travel
Yo, Taking the Daisy on her first choo choo ride today going up to see what all the fuss is about at Borough market.

So wish me luck cos it means i gotta get me-self in and out! of London Bridge the scariest station of all the land!!

Usually go through london with an shaperone so i dont get lost! Once i went there on me own and got lost inside, and couldnt get out!! Mortain had to come in and find me!! We were meeting Afka suzi and Curb it at some juicer near by!

Comments

• make sure you buy youself a chocolate browny from the stall that has them piled up 10 foot high mate!

Oh and the falafel stall is great as well.

Just make sure you bring a wedge of cash for all the food you'll buy but dont really need!
  • Shame you have junior with you. The cider stall just inside the market (Market Porter end) is an absolute corker in the summer.
  • Don't worry i have the nipper and Mrs with me, so i can get sozzed and she can do all the work!! Thats how it happens most times anyway!!
  • And you can go to Wagamamas for lunch. Yummy.
  • Is there waggas nearby then, will i be able to find it??
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Don't worry i have the nipper and Mrs with me, so i can get sozzed and she can do all the work!! Thats how it happens most times anyway!!

I can remember once needing to post some letters - my then tiny daughter was teething and grizzly, her Mum was pulling her hair out and PMT wasn't helping - so I strapped the littl'un in her pushchair and by the time we'd got to the Post Office, she'd fallen asleep.

Of course, I'd met a friend's missus there, started chatting and she offered to look after her there, while I nipped out and got some other bits from the shop across the road.

You can guess the rest. There's me, back home feeling pleased with myself, that I'd got everything done with no hassle - until the missus snarled with teeth bared, "where's the baby?".

Hey-ho! Luckily, said friend's missus came wheeling our pushchair up the path - and I left the girls to shake their heads about men.
  • Oggy = legend = fact...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Is there waggas nearby then, will i be able to find it??[/quote]

yes there is and no you wont. Erika should be OK. : - )

It's in Clink St just the other side of Borough Market from London Bridge almost on the river.

http://www.wagamama.com/locations/showlocation/571
  • Going all the way to Borough Market and then eating at Wagamamas?

That’s a disgrace, if you're going to Borough market eat fresh cooked, locally produced food, from the market, surely that's half the point of going?

Anything else is sacrilege.
  • Hello dudes its Mrs MCS i have a query, what time do the trains run from Belvedere to London Bridge, is there a website that will inform me of the times as im not finding TFL very helpful.

Cheers dudes
    x
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Is there waggas nearby then, will i be able to find it??

Yep...walk along the path by the Thames in the direction of St Pauls and you can't miss it.

You can get to see the Golden Hind on the way, amazing that Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world in that little ship.
  • Mrs MCS even talks like the Real MCS

Rock on MCS dudes

have a great day

as for train times i aint got a clue but some one will post something soon

enjoy the day MCS's
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Hello dudes its Mrs MCS i have a query, what time do the trains run from Belvedere to London Bridge, is there a website that will inform me of the times as im not finding TFL very helpful.

Cheers dudes
    x

Play around with this:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/bvd/details.html

Hint for MCS...Bevederererere station is not a recognised halt.
  • Hi,

I always use this one.

http://www.thetrainline.com/default.asp?T2ID=8014_200932710743
  • Just a real shame the wheatsheaf has been closed- great pub

Re food- i'd skip waga's and see if you can get something nice in the emarket or along borough high street rather than use one of the "been there seen them all" places.

(apols to one of their ex-employees!)

Or take a little walk along the river and show her the wig wheel and eat around waterloo.....
  • Make sure you check out the beer stall, loads and loads of fine ales, porters, lagers (real) and stouts from throughout the world. If the ginger bloke with the beard is running it, tell him Perry sent you, that'll freak him out...
  • From BVD BVD BVD BVD BVD
    To LBG LBG LBG LBG LBG
    Depart 10:58 11:12 11:28 11:42 11:58
    Arrive 11:29 11:43 11:59 12:13 12:29
    Changes 0
    Duration 0:31
  • told ya

perry the bloke with the ginger beard will think he is talking to a mirror if olie sees him

a more gingery beard will never be seen that mcs's
  • OK, get stuff off the market but I prefer a sit down and especially if I have a little one in tow. Plus places like Wagamamas have clean toilets and changing facilities.

It's a good idea and I think I'll take Joe up to Borough Market during the Easter hols then maybe go to the I-Max or the National Portrait Gallery (show him my statue while we're there)
  • North, mate i shaved the beast off 2 days ago!! I am un recognisable!! You not on Facebook are you??
  • Sponsored links:

• There's also the George Inn as mentioned by Dickens in 'Little Dorrit', which is the other side of London Bridge Station from Borough Market.
  • I am gonna get the 10.42 choo choo, thanks for the advice peeps, i might be able to keep u up to date via iphone once i am on the train!!

I am quite exited going our mini adventure, and erika made her Charlton life debut aswell!!
  • Dont do Facebook Ols

Have great day love the fact ya missus uses the Dude as well

quality
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Hello dudes its Mrs MCS i have a query, what time do the trains run from Belvedere to London Bridge, is there a website that will inform me of the times as im not finding TFL very helpful.

Cheers dudes
    x

www.southeasternrailway.co.uk

you can create your own timetable on this site, and it gives you engineering works updates
  • Oh dear god, you in london bridge station, with baby daisy in tow, this should be interesting!!!
    At least its not rush hour mate so you should be ok(ish).

I'd definitely take a nice stroll along the river up the south bank mate when you done with the market.
  • found it fine, Erika knew how to exit LB station! Touch! Now were sitting in the Thames side inn which I managed to find cos I recognized the church which Mortain took me through when we met afka Suzi and curb it here that time. Going to attempt to do what Mortain suggests and bop down that south bank thingy.
  • Just back from BM now. Was a lovely day, necked a few london prides, had a wee walk down that there south bank, borough meerkat rocks, had a wicked pork belly roll (crackling was ace) and am absolutely cream crackered as we just walked back u the ginormous hill at the bottom near beleberederdereddere station to my house (any belereverederians out there will understand my pain that hill makes charlton church lane look like down hill!)

Cracking day out.

For the non facebooker NLA here are some frightening pics of me without beard!!
  • Tache!
  • edited March 2009
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Tache![div id=Attachments_429171 class=Attachments][ul][div]DSC00880.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

biker_hughes.jpg

;-)