Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mourinho sacked- Ryan Mason in charge at Spurs

Not in the jokes category...

Comments

• Lets get it right, Ryan Mason / Chris Powell in charge
  • Number 2
  • First time I have been impressed with Mourinho for a long time!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Lets get it right, Ryan Mason / Chris Powell in charge
    Can't get anything right can they...  ;):D
  • This day gets more surreal

• And it is Sir Chris Powell
  • Rumour is Jose refused to take the players out for training due to the clubs involvement in the ESL. Not sure how true that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    Jose has won the lottery here... Apparently there was a clause in his contract that Spurs could sac him with no pay-off if he didnt make Europe. Aparrently he refused to take training this morning in protest of super league, is now in line for a 30mill pay-off and everyone thinks the sun shines out of his arse

presumably though he'll be sacked for Gross Misconduct.  Slight different ball game.
  • If rumours are true why he has left then he certainly has my respect for that.
  • Chris Powell is a Tottenham Hotspur Football Club fan/supporter.
    I wish him all the best, but am hoping both of those Pooper Scooper teams lose in the final.
  • Not clear if it's Mason with Powell as assistant, the other way around, or joint (caretaker) managers?

Quite funny that one or both of them could be a cup winning manager by Sunday.
  • Powell has more managerial experience surely.
  • Rumour is Jose refused to take the players out for training due to the clubs involvement in the ESL. Not sure how true that is.
    That was a fake account that started that 
  • Sponsored links:

Making himself the martyr when he deserved to be sacked anyway. Amazing PR.
  • just bizarre last 24 hours, how the fuck have spurs managed to get themselves on the same pegging as those other european clubs, and then mourinho going on strike. Bonkers.
  • Matters not one jot.

Everyone knows  the superleague means that 20 managers will go into a pot and clubs will bid to get the best one each season.
  • This sacking has surely been timed as a distraction against what has come out in the last 24 hours. Spurs knows that this will take headlines away from the Super League talk for a little bit.
  • Macronate said:
    Very harsh sacking.

Mourinho has worked wonders to lead Big 6 Spurs into their current 7th position in the league, which could turn into 8th if Everton win their game in hand.
    To be fair to them, they are well ahead of European giant Arsenal.
  • Say what you like about him and his lack of recent success but I can't believe they have sacked him the week before the cup final, it's like they never want to win anything! 
  • edited April 2021
    The bottom line is that whether he would have been sacked later or not, Mourinho has made a stand and we ought to respect him for that. I will be interested to see Klopp's reaction.
  • Before Christmas Spurs were sitting top and there was talk about the title. How quickly things change...