Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Mizzen verdict

Life with minimum of 14 years ! not much for the scum bag really is it ? when the rat smashed his way back into the bakery to kill him.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Life with minimum of 14 years ! not much for the scum bag really is it ? when the rat smashed his way back into the bakery to kill him.

And as per usual with these "lowlifes" a string of convictions already in the bag including beating up a girl.
  • minimum is by far too short for that b@stard
  • Minimum of 14 years seems reasonable to me. Hard to prove that the glass plate was thrown with intent "to kill". Scum off the street though which is good.
  • he smashed his way back into the shop to CONTINUE the attack. sorry SHG he needs puting away for natural life.
  • Without doubt he is a nutter and deserves a long prison sentence but I think a minimum of 14 years is a long time. Still think that when he threw the glass plate he could not have thought that it was an action intending to kill.
  • I don't believe he had a clue what the outcome might be when he threw the glass, and what's more at the time he probably didn't care - so 14 yrs, yeh it's too short
  • I can understand the too short reaction. but it is a minimum sentence.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Without doubt he is a nutter and deserves a long prison sentence but I think a minimum of 14 years is a long time. Still think that when he threw the glass plate he could not have thought that it was an action intending to kill.

same as when someone drinks and drives their intention is never to kill, but they do. Should let them off with a caution I suppose. If he hadn't thrown the glass plate then Jimmy wouldn't have died. Simple. Deserved all he got plus more. Until we REALLY come down on these scumbags then this country will continue going to the dogs.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Without doubt he is a nutter and deserves a long prison sentence but I think a minimum of 14 years is a long time. Still think that when he threw the glass plate he could not have thought that it was an action intending to kill.

Regardless of whether he 'meant' to kill him when he threw the glass plate, the fact is he took a life so yes 14 years is far too short. Add to that "the court heard that Fahri swaggered from the bakery after the killing and witnesses described a triumphant grin on his face" and i think you'll feel that he should've got longer. As it goes the scum bag will be out before his mid 30s.
  • I accept your point Large but I think the law has to make a distinction between premeditation and an action that results in a death.
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand where SHG was coming from - it is quite easy that in a street fight someone can be killed by a punch to the head etc - shoudl these people be put away for murder?

There is an awful lot of emotion attached to this case and I totally understand all of the reactions, but it is a minimum of 14 years. With this guys record - i'd be suprised if he didnt do something in prison and was there for a very long time.
  • this guy walked out after the initial attack----- he then picked up a street sign and smashed his way back in to continue the assult, it wasnt a plate but a very large glass object that needed both hands even to pick up.

out before he is 35.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2009
    Not how the BBC are reporting it GH:

The court heard that Jimmy and Fahri had been rowing in the bakery when Fahri grabbed an advertising sign that was lying nearby, prompting a "tug-of-war" battle.

In an attempt to get Jimmy to let go, Fahri picked up the nearby oven-proof glass dish and flung it at his victim. The dish shattered, and a piece lodged in Jimmy's neck, cutting an artery and his jugular vein.

The court heard that Fahri swaggered from the bakery after the killing and witnesses described a triumphant grin on his face.

Either way - its a minimum 14 and may be longer.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I accept your point Large but I think the law has to make a distinction between premeditation and an action that results in a death.

wasn't it premeditated ? He went back into the Bakery to do him harm and he succeeded. That is premeditated. Whether he intended to kill doesn't matter to me, he intended to hurt him and did. A consequence of say hitting someone over the head with a brick is that they could die. You may only intend to hurt them but at the same time you know that it could kill them. I'd lock him up forever, scumbag.

And that is why Lee Hughes will get stick from me on 18th April. Another scumbag.
  • lee hughes - when we playing oldham
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]lee hughes - when we playing oldham
    Blackpool
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]lee hughes - when we playing oldham

Gone on loan to Blackpool
  • Perhaps the yanks have this one right ?

MURDER, FIRST DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing

second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state

MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    (a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
  • Saw an investigation in the USA of a huge fraud case millions and millions of $ lost by the guy who ripped offa pension fund. They caught him after a long long investiagtion over many countries. The leed investigator said " i told him show me where the cash is and i will get your sentance cut in half" the guy had already received 450 years !
  • Now 450 years is a long time !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Perhaps the yanks have this one right ?

MURDER, FIRST DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing

second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Good point SHG, agree with what you are saying.
  • certainly this countries one size fits all Murder charge, with only one sentance, in this country is far too simplistic..
  • let's not degenerate this into a slanging match everyone - a young lad has died his killer has been put away let's not f****** go at each other over how long or whatever.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Perhaps the yanks have this one right ?

I think Bananarama had it better...
  • edited March 2009
    I understand the frustration at what appears to be a relatively derisory minimum term but if he had been done for manslaughter then he would have had an even shorter sentence.

Given the circumstances manslaughter MIGHT have been an option so at least we should be grateful he has been done for murder.
  • This case is tragic and some of my family know the Mizzens. Jimmy was a lovely young man by all accounts.

I am not as forgiving as some of my extended family. I know what I would like to happen to the scum that is responsible.

Yes I know 14 years is a minimum, but we all know the score. We cannot afford to keep criminal scum in prison and let them out as soon as possible every time.

How can a 'life' sentence' be 14 years. I wish they would stop calling it that.
  • Agreed Bigstemarra. It's not LIFE it's min.14 yrs. If he is 21 ? out at 35. He would have to harm someone else in prison to do more than 14, and i suspect he's not tough enough to do that.
    I do think the USA system has greater 'justice' about it.
  • edited March 2009
    A guy embedded a pickaxe into the back of a 17 year old boy's head at a party in Calgary last year. He got 10 years yesterday...seems like the UK has a harder sentencing regime.

Only 10 yearts for sinking a pickaxe into a stranger's skull....
  • I don't want us to adopt many of the ways and laws of the US, but when it comes to crime and punishment they don't mess about.

One big difference is that sentences for multiple crimes here tend to run concurrently (what is the point in that?) but in the US they run consecutively.

They are not afraid to keep threats to society away from society.

We could learn a lot from them in that respect.
  • Mrs T.C.E watches those american crime programmes all the time, and from what I gather 160 years is quite a common sentence. As said above, say what you like about the "Septic Tanks" when it comes to a prison sentence they dont feck about!