Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson Out Petition

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Won't be supported by all, but a good way to let the club know the feelings of those who feel enough is enough. Certainly bettter than a car park demonstration !!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/newmanagementteam_charlton/

Comments

• Nope from me. His management contract is up at the end of the season anyway and the game is long since up, so this comes out of it looking like a sad end to a sad business.
  • Personally I find that embarrassing. Why is there a need to have an area on a petition for people to add their opinions as well? 7 names so far and probably half of them are palace fans. I hate these sort of things because imo it's people using our names (as cafc fans) and making us look bad.
  • Nope from me.

Unless someone can point to a time when Charlton have improved their circumstances by ditching a manager. It certainly didn't improve things when we sacked Pardew. Or Reed. Or Dowie.
  • There are plenty of areas for people to voice their opinions on Parkinson, including this site.

I really don't get this whole petition thing.

The club knows how the fans feel - its been communicated to them by the Fans Forum, by the empty seats in the ground and the general discontent on messageboards etc.

But if it makes you feel better - go ahead.
  • toe curling.
  • I can not see how this will help in the slightest. It will most prob end up being highjacked by our south london rivals and other jokers, and everything on there will be reported in the media as fact. This could end up embarrassing......
  • As WSS said.

As Curb_It said.

As 1905 said.
  • In the interest of democracy I started the petition as I am increasingly frustrated by the lethargy fans displey, idly watching the club deteriorate. Doing nothing is not an option.

If you want Parky to stay, don't sign, but at least come up with a positive suggestion that will change the club's fortunes.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I can not see how this will help in the slightest. It will most prob end up being highjacked by our south london rivals and other jokers, and everything on there will be reported in the media as fact. This could end up embarrassing......

The fact he is still our manager given his record is embarrassing.

Parkinson out.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]In the interest of democracy I started the petition as I am increasingly frustrated by the lethargy fans displey, idly watching the club deteriorate. Doing nothing is not an option.

If you want Parky to stay, don't sign, but at least come up with a positive suggestion that will change the club's fortunes.
    There are plenty of threads on this forum about Parkinson, as well as new manager threads and other things about changing the atmosphere and how we should move forward.

Can you tell me what you think a petition will acheive? When you get your 300 signatures and send it to the club do you really think they'll go "Oh ok then, we'll get rid of him now and bring in Alex Ferguson, can;t believe we didnt think of this sooner!"
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I can not see how this will help in the slightest. It will most prob end up being highjacked by our south london rivals and other jokers, and everything on there will be reported in the media as fact. This could end up embarrassing......

The fact he is still our manager given his record is embarrassing.

Parkinson out.

Whatever we think of Parkinson, I just dont think that an open on line petition - which cleary has already been abused -is the answer.
  • Agreed 1905 - shows how bloody pointless it is already.

Some people really need to grow up.
  • It has not been abused, as of yet. I like plan B of doing nothing and hoping that things might just get better!

We are in freefall and everyone who scoffs at the idea of a petition is never the less content in doing nothing. Nothing will clearly change our fortunes, won't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]It has not been abused, as of yet.
    Yes it has
  • As I said I know not all Charlton Lifer's would support this, that's fair enough.

But for the sack of clarity, Parkinson's contract is not up this season, we have another season of this ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6542563.stm ) as the club informed us that his contract was not amended when he took over as manager on a full time basis.

As for the “what will this achieve” argument. Probably nothing. But what’s the point in doing anything other than to satisfy your own desire to have your voice heard. Why cast your vote in a general election ? You are only one in 60 million. If you do or don’t vote it will have no bearing whatsoever on the result. The idea behind this petition is to let the club know how those who sign it feel. It’s a much more positive way of doing things than just booing the team or walking out of games. It’s called democracy, it’s our right. It’s your right not to sign it. But I think if you think petitions are invalid if they don’t directly lead to change then you quite misunderstand the purpose of a petition.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]It has not been abused, as of yet. I like plan B of doing nothing and hoping that things might just get better!

We are in freefall and everyone who scoffs at the idea of a petition is never the less content in doing nothing. Nothing will clearly change our fortunes, won't it?

Yes it has - Brenda Smith, Ben Hayes and TwoSheds are wind ups.
  • That is the least of my concerns, all signatures are valid.

By all means continue to do nothing, thinhs will get better on their own.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]That is the least of my concerns, all signatures are valid.

By all means continue to do nothing, thinhs will get better on their own.

No they are not - Under the 1924 Census Act (as amended in 1998) any census with unknown or fraudulent signatures will be deemed to be unlawful FACT
  • lol i just read it!! hahaha.

who was that? Shag?
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]That is the least of my concerns, all signatures are valid.
    Good god.
  • Sponsored links:

• They are not unknown or fraudulent.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]They are not unknown or fraudulent.
    Yes, yes they are.

Unless the person who signed them of course prove they are who they said they are.
  • I aint signing it, Ill leave you to impore the board on your own!
  • Fair point, though not my problem and the petition will be presented in good faith.

Other than that, carry on doing nothing, I think we can agree to differ on that.
  • I think the action that will be more telling than a petition would be the action of non renewal of season tickets, come the end of may. That will speak louder than a petition and is open to less abuse, unless the SE7 postman is Millwall.

No they are not. I'm Ben Hayes and I didn't sign your poxy little petition.

I don't really care if you keep my name on there as anyone with half a brain will know it's a wind up by someone else - who's Brenda Smith BTW : - ) - but your "if you don't sign my silly petition then you are doing nothing" just insults my intelligence.

If you want to do something then leave the cyber world of petitions and message boards and actually DO something in the real world. Go on hunger strike, chain yourself to the Bartram Statue or the gates of the British Embassy in Copenhagen. You might even get on the news.

What you are doing now is counter-productive and just makes you and other Charlton fans look stupid.
  • So what is a "productive" other than going "on hunger strike" of course. The only other alternative that has been suggested is "non renewal of season tickets". Surely this is far, far more counter productive than simply signing a petition which offers you the chance to say "I don't like the direction this team is going in under the current manager"
  • We have a fans forum - and they have recently, as posted on here and the OS, reported directly from their meetings with the Board.

You only have to read the agenda and the Board's response to know that the Board are totally aware of the fans' opinions of management and team matters.

So why would the Board need a petition to inform them of something they are already very much aware?
  • Because the fans forum is actually a group (did the board select the representitives?) who get to have a meeting with the board, if I raise an issue it's at that group's discretion if it's at all presented to Murray, Waggott and co and if so in what manner. Are the Fans Forum really going to say "we don't want Phil Parkinson to be manager of this team as we feel he's incapable of saving us from relegation or getting us up next season" ? This petition gives the signees the oppertunity to communicate directly with the board in a pro-active positive manner.
  • Henry Irving is Ben Hayes? So what name do you go by?