Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I bet Sandgaard is well chuffed....

He forked out for that extra overnight stay after Plymouth. Ipswich, Crewe and Accrington has been proper tits up since.

I know where I’d tell the manager to stick it the next time he comes with a request like that.

Its been such a disaster since that fateful night, if it wasn’t for the location I’d have swore they stayed at Pontins Camber Sands. 

Comments

• We've bottled it, just like last season. Nothing to do with hotel stays 😅
  • He forked out for that extra overnight stay after Plymouth. Ipswich, Crewe and Accrington has been proper tits up since.

I know where I’d tell the manager to stick it the next time he comes with a request like that.

Its been such a disaster since that fateful night, if it wasn’t for the location I’d have swore they stayed at Pontins Camber Sands. 
    Ipswich?

It's only an hour up the A12
  • Interesting topic to start a new thread on ;) 
  • He forked out for that extra overnight stay after Plymouth. Ipswich, Crewe and Accrington has been proper tits up since.

Ipswich?

It's only an hour up the A12
    Ipswich was the home game after.
    Full stop after Plymouth. 
  • Did Sandgaard actually pay for the overnight stay out of his own pocket? Assumed it would have been a club expense dealt with by the folks he’s appointed to run the club.

what an inane post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t buy into the doomsday narrative if we’re still playing third tier football in 22/23. Do any of us want that? Obviously not. Is Thomas going to throw his toys out of the pram if it happens? I honestly thought he was a better owner than that.
    Who is saying it’s a doomsday scenario ? It’s financially a disaster and for an owner who has gone on record as wanting top half PL football it’s a disaster too. Getting out of league one is tough so it’s very possible. Equally it’s very bad news. 
  • don't think it has made any difference - players have put the effort in, just not good enough - don't think we have a single player left that anybody else would pay money for - rebuild needed. 
  • It's not a disaster for TS. 

He is not poor. He will still be living and breathing and he obviously likes a challenge. He's absolutely loaded.

I have no idea how much money he's lost as a result of our likely failure to get out of this league, but stop worrying about it. It's not our problem.
  • Dave2l said:
    It's not a disaster for TS. 

He is not poor. He will still be living and breathing and he obviously likes a challenge. He's absolutely loaded.

I have no idea how much money he's lost as a result of our likely failure to get out of this league, but stop worrying about it. It's not our problem.
    What about him buying The Valley and The training ground? Less likely all the time we’re in this division.

I believe in Charlton. The owner believes in Charlton.

A lot of others connected to the club believe in Charlton.

Actions speak louder then words, yes, but worrying about any of this will not benefit anyone. It will not get us anywhere.

Roland wasn't ambitious at all. He is and was dreadful, but with him as our owner, we still finished 3rd in 2019 and we won the playoffs.

Things haven't gone well this season, we are very likely to be staying put for another year but we definitely won't be staying here for too long.

Wait for the summer signings and for pre season!
  • Thomas isn't the sort of guy to cut and run after a couple of below par performances, he has stated on several times that playoffs was a goal, but not the be all, now should the same occur next year, after an input of cash and player changes, well that could be different, but then it would be Nige not Thomas i am afraid who would have to look hard at his own performance.
    So, the 5 year plan has run for a few months now that is all, so next season will be defining in a lot of ways, but we will have to rebuild hugely and Thomas is the guy to do that, he has invested too much time, money and effort so far to just call it a day.
  • edited May 2021
    Adkins has to do a Powell now. We will know soon enough, Powell started getting the business done early. He was backed but didn't spend shedloads. Might have been better bringing Powell back but Adkins has done the business with Southampton. We shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Easy to say when it's not your money isn't it
  • Fortunately Thomas is a football fan and understands that it’s never easy getting a promotion. He needs at least two to satisfy his ambitions. He’s started in the right way by getting the building blocks behind the scenes put in place. Putting the guts back into the club if you like. That’s one thing. Getting front of house successfully firing is another. It needs planning, money and no small amount of luck. He’s started by doing the right things and as long as that continues I have no doubt that promotion is only a matter of time. Whether that’s next season is another thing altogether. 
  • I think the delay with Bowyer showed that he wasn't desperate for promotion this season. Next season will be a different matter I assume.
  • The work to get a team/squad good enough is probably underway already, so have to see where we are at the end of July.

just to say, I’m not happy we’re still in League 1, but the context we are isn’t a surprise 

• I think we have some decent players but clearly something is missing. Whether that is leadership or motivation I don't know. One thing I would say is that if you have a midfielder who doesn't score goals, he has to be a bloody good midfielder. JFC and Gilbey both can score goals so maybe the missing piece is the player to play with them. 

I think we need to be looking at wing backs and play two up front. Personally, I think we can do better than Famewo. We probably need a couple of new centre halves and to give Pearce a coaching role where he can be used in an emergency given Inniss' fitness questions. So two wing backs, two centre halves, a couple of midfielders and a couple of strikers. 

I was thinking we need a new keeper, but not so sure now. 

Players I would prioritise keeping:

Amos
    Inniss
    Gilbey
    JFC
    Aneke (if we can expect him to play more)

There are players still under contract, and players like Purrington is probably as good a back up left back as you will get in League One.

Of the loan players, I'd consider Stockley and Millar.
  • Croydon said:
    Dave2l said:

Yes. It's not our problem. We don't own the club. We didn't negotiate for the purchase of the club.

Our sympathy towards him is fair but no one has actually caused him this problem. It's because we were just so used to Roland's continuous dog barking of everything is everyone else's fault.

He owns the football club. He's an experienced businessman. He's not going to start sobbing.

We only want what is best for TS but he's owned us for 8-9months. 

It's early days and plenty of potential!
  • edited May 2021
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:
    Dave2l said:

Yes. It's not our problem. We don't own the club. We didn't negotiate for the purchase of the club.

Our sympathy towards him is fair but no one has actually caused him this problem. It's because we were just so used to Roland's continuous dog barking of everything is everyone else's fault.

He owns the football club. He's an experienced businessman. He's not going to start sobbing.

We only want what is best for TS but he's owned us for 8-9months. 

It's early days and plenty of potential!
    Our owner losing money because of the club is our problem.