Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

edited August 2021 in Rumours

Comments

• I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    Presumably in London as he’d need to have a rest half way to anywhere else .  Thanks for the memories, Chuks. 
  • Thought he was about 32/33 but turns out he's 27. 

No brainer of a signing really unless Adkins wants to play a different kind of football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    He’s clearly too talented to be in League One. But on the other hand, he can only play 30 minutes a week. 

I’m not sure we should be building a squad around players who can’t stay fit. That’s been part of our undoing the last couple of years.

Give me someone like Pigott over Chuks every time.
    Chuks might get a pay as you play deal......he might not get paid much next season then.
    Good luck to him with that one unless it is someone who totally understands his physical limitations. Someone like the Birmingham Manager for example.
  • Out of the loan 6.

Stockley - Yes 100%
    Millar - Yes, if we can sign him permanently. No to another loan.
    Famewo - Yes, but cannot see it.
    Maatsen - Can’t see it happening at all.
    Shinnie -No
    Smith - Forgotten about him
  • wmcf123 said:
    I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    Presumably in London as he’d need to have a rest half way to anywhere else .  Thanks for the memories, Chuks. 
    Robinson would want him at Oxford. Would Bowyer take him to Brum? 
  • I'd say no to Famewo, too many injuries and apart from the opening games not been that impressed by him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of the loan 6.

Stockley - Yes 100%
    Millar - Yes, if we can sign him permanently. No to another loan.
    Famewo - Yes, but cannot see it.
    Maatsen - Can’t see it happening at all.
    Shinnie -No
    Smith - Forgotten about him
    Shinnie is not a loan .......... he signed a "permenant" contract until the end of this season.

Whether or not he will be offered a new deal is open to speculation.
    He has the ability but perhaps his age is against him?

Doubt that’s true. Adkins said they’re starting on Tuesday and has said for a while that they will wait until the end of the season for contract talks
    Why?
  • I'd like to keep Stockley, the other loanees I'm not too fussed about. 
    Nonsense.
    Is it? You know differently? Then kindly share?

this happened earlier in the season with talks planned with bowyer
  • Famewo is an interesting one. The potential to be a really good CB, but at this stage making errors of judgement which will only be eradicated though playing games and good coaching. He won't feature for Norwich next season, so it boils down to whether they want him to go to the Championship next
  • Wyke of that list is the only one I might want, but he seems a bit of a prick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!