Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

So far at 18.42 it's B'Mouth 0 v Brentford 0 (near half time) .. my three are Brentford, Blackpool and Morecambe, the last to get their first ever EFL promotion

Comments

• Bournemouth looking the much better team at the moment thats for sure
  • edited May 2021
    My preference is:

Championship: Barnsley
    League One: Sunderland
    League Two: Morecambe

But I reckon the Championship winners will be either Bournemouth or Swansea with the League One winners: Blackpool. Honestly dont care who comes up from League Two so long as its not Tranmere as games have always been boring against them...

Would love it to be Morecambe given the amount of times they've struggled at the bottom.

No team that has red / white stripes for home colours have ever won the Play-Offs, so surely leaves Brentford, Sunderland and Lincoln hoping that the curse can finally be lifted this year
  • Brentford
    Lincoln
    Morecambe
  • Championship: Barnsley
    League One: Oxford United
    League Two: Newport County
  • PopIcon said:
    Championship: Barnsley
    League One: Oxford United
    League Two: Newport County
    Oxford 🤢🤢🤢
  • You'd think that Sunderland would be really tough opponents next season if they don't go up, which is an incentive for us to want them promoted. It would be slightly painful if Oxford got promoted, as that would mean our previous 2 managers would both be in the Championship next season, with us stuck in L1!

Brentford or Barnsley going up would be much more of a story for the PL next season, it's dull if all 3 relegated teams go straight back up again

Morecambe would be an amazing story if they went up, but I'm not over bothered who I'd prefer. I think all 4 of those sides would struggle in L2 next season.
  • Would like

Barnsley
    Blackpool 
    Newport or Morecambe

I think it will be

Brentford

Sunderland - have been in poor form but bet they will find their form in time for play offs.

Tranmere 

• some fans now allowed in following 'freedom Monday'  :)
  • Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
  • Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    we agree ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• We only get promoted if we play Carlisle at the end of the season or Sunderland in the play offs. Carlisle faded badly 2nd half of the season and didn't even make the league 2 play offs so hopes on Sunderland not going up otherwise we'll have no hope next season.
  • We only get promoted if we play Carlisle at the end of the season or Sunderland in the play offs. Carlisle faded badly 2nd half of the season and didn't even make the league 2 play offs so hopes on Sunderland not going up otherwise we'll have no hope next season.
    When did we face Carlisle or Sunderland in 1999/00 then? ;)
  • edited May 2021
    Advantage Bournemouth

It feels therapeutic hearing genuine fans again after Saturday and now tonight
  • Advantage Bournemouth

could be the red n white stripe hoodoo goes on (at least for the Bees) .. still just leg one though
  • Championship: 1. Barnsley
    League One: 1. Sunderland, 2. Blackpool
    League Two: 1. Forest Green, 2. Newport, 3. Morecambe
  • Advantage Bournemouth

could be the red n white stripe hoodoo goes on (at least for the Bees) .. still just leg one though
    9 play off failures for Brentford. The Tim Henman of football 
  • this time of year is when I regret quitting skysports .. I LOVE the play offs
  • Anyone but those bottle jobs wankers Brentford.
    I hate the phrase but Mbuemo really has just bottled that, how has he missed???
  • Quite fancy FGR as an away next season, so them for league 2. Sunderland out of pity, and anyone but the stripey brentford wankers for personal reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Champ 1st leg .. B'Mouth 1 v Bees 0
  • Swansea for my Welsh relatives, Sunderland out of sympathy for their fans and a degree of self-interest, and Tranmere as they were a bit unlucky to get relegated in 2020 due to the season being truncated.
  • Next .. Tykes v Swans .. leg one  :)
  • Ben Hamer in his usual bench warming duties, this time for Swansea

Hamer and Elliott must be in a competition to see which one can play the fewest games since leaving Charlton
  • Lot of support on here for Barnsley, despite the fact that they sent us down with the last kick of the season, and they're Category A Northerners.

Personally I hope that a new rule is introduced, stipulating that any side losing to Swansea or the winners of Brentford and Bournemouth, is automatically relegated to the Conference.

Same applies to Oxford, just because of Tubby McTalkbollocks.

Not really rooting for anyone. Used to have a big soft spot for Brentford, but that's all over after their part in the Barnsley farce last year.

Hamer and Elliott must be in a competition to see which one can play the fewest games since leaving Charlton
    both could 'play' until they're 60 at this rate .. Chris Iwelumo doing the pundit job on Talksport2

Or who has made the most money. 
  • Would like to see Barnsley do it as they seem a well run club, trouble is all 3 going up from the Champ this year will be woeful in the PL next and mean Palace's stay gets longer.

Sunderland from League One, they will be good next year and their fans have suffered long enough.

Don't mind L2.  
  • Brentford because my daughter was a mascot there once in about 1992. 
    Sunderland because of you know who. 
    Morecambe because of Eric, and because it’d be a good awayday/weekend for the faithful.