Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alternative view of Saturday.....

Had a great weekend away along with “Dave Mehmet”. Was lucky enough to be part of the match ball sponsorship.

Got to our hotel around 10.00am Saturday and found that our players had stayed there the night before and were hanging around. What was shocking was the fact that there appeared to be absolutely no team spirit, at one stage the whole squad were sitting around us watching soccer AM and nobody said a word to each other.

We headed off to the ground and were treated perfectly all day, great food and loads of booze but another shock was that we didn’t realise exactly how much trouble they are in. Two directors came in and handed out begging letters asking for any money we could spare before they stood up and gave a speech about their turmoil that could only be described as like listening to Bob Geldof, was half expecting a video to be played of starving street kids dressed in red and white stripes followed by Blue Peter presenters helping out with the new water well behind the home end. (honestly is was that bad)

Gordon “Flash” Watson was at the next table and was the size of a small family house!!

“Dave Mehmet” headed out into the sunshine to present the match ball in his BIG work jacket to be greeted by the referee “You fucking warm enough son?”

As you all know the game was exactly what we were not expecting “if only we could have done that a few more times this season)

After the game our table had to pick the (Southampton) man of the match and “Dave Mehmet” got to present the award to Bradley Wright Phillips (although we wanted to give it to Kelly Youga) Bradley seemed a good lad and showed signs of having his dad’s personality. He signed some programmes before shooting off with our pen before returning with the pen whispering “ best bring this back, I’m in enough trouble for stealing as it is!”

A great day was had by all, we were lucky not to experience any trouble but it did look from where we were as if it was going to kick off (save that for the other threads) and we were treated like kings by all the Southampton staff. I hope that they manage to sort the financial problems as I would not like to see any club go under.

Rounded it all off with a 3. 30am finish and still have a fragile head!!

Comments

• LOL at BWP comments re: the pen.

I heard the announcement before the game begging for money.

Don't understand as it's not the club that is in Administration
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL at BWP comments re: the pen.

The two directors seemed pretty sure that the club will end up in administration too.
    Do you think pink is a flatering colour for Dave Mehmet?
  • I was about to make a comment about Mehmets shirt but decided that it might come across as catty.
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL at BWP comments re: the pen.

The two directors seemed pretty sure that the club will end up in administration too.

Interesting re: the club as well being in Admin.

Stripes are meant to be slimming and pink brings out his feminine side.

So which one is you GHE? Black Shirt or tache?
  • Christ, if that's what stripes does to him i'd dread to see him in hoops !!
    Only joking mate !

I read elsewhere that following their begging speech, someone put in £10k. I take it that wasn't you GHE !
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL at BWP comments re: the pen.

It was the most unproffesional presentation I've ever seen. Both of them seemed to be stumbling through it and umming and eerring all the time.

Thing is, Crouch was one of the directors spouting on about poverty and how all saints fans need to dig deep even though times are hard. At the end of the game we saw him pulling away in a brand new bentley!
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]...showed signs of having his dad’s personality.
    lol!
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]

Jesus, it's not the most flattering picture is it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]

Interesting re: the club as well being in Admin.

Stripes are meant to be slimming and pink brings out his feminine side.

So which one is you GHE? Black Shirt or tache?

THe one in the suit tie and trendy footballers man bag ;o)
  • Sorry GHE if that is the case you look like a shoplifter : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    I read elsewhere that following their begging speech, someone put in £10k. I take it that wasn't you GHE !

yeah, sorry it was all i could spare. As DM says the cheeky git probably puts £10,000 worth of petrol in his brand new Bently every week
  • Matty Holland and some strange bloke in the hotel.......
  • Has DaveMehmet just farted?
  • LOL, oh its Dave Mehmet?thought it was Wallace looking for grommet
  • Dave Mehmet makes Matt Holland look like a giant.

You need to borrow, AFKA's 'Elton John' shoes, mate.

;o)
  • were they in the De Vere again this year, or have the cutbacks kicked in ?
  • LOL Matty certainly looks uncomfortable maybe DM has "copped a cheeky feel" off camera?!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]were they in the De Vere again this year, or have the cutbacks kicked in ?

Surprised they were in a hotel at all - Southampton's only a couple of hours down the road, so shouldn't it have been a day trip? Frustrating when everything else is being cut to the bone...
  • Matt looks like he's got a graze on his eyebrow - like he's taken a punch to the head?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]were they in the De Vere again this year, or have the cutbacks kicked in ?

No they were in The Hilton
  • Sponsored links:

• bet paris was well sore

sorry
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]were they in the De Vere again this year, or have the cutbacks kicked in ?

Surprised they were in a hotel at all - Southampton's only a couple of hours down the road, so shouldn't it have been a day trip? Frustrating when everything else is being cut to the bone...

Anyone know which hotel the team will be booked into - when we play Leyton Orient next season .... ?
  • Overheared them saying that they had to pay for their own rooms if they wanted a room to themselves
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]were they in the De Vere again this year, or have the cutbacks kicked in ?[/quote]

Surprised they were in a hotel at all - Southampton's only a couple of hours down the road, so shouldn't it have been a day trip? Frustrating when everything else is being cut to the bone...[/quote]

I agree, hardly a trip that going to leave them 'drained' !
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Overheared them saying that they had to pay for their own rooms if they wanted a room to themselves

Umm...I thought it was also a long-standing tradition that footballers shared rooms - even at World Cups etc? No wonder team spirit is rubbish...
  • and you think players would want to pay out of their own pockets extra money?

I think all teams have the same rules, if you want to have a single room you cough up. and thats the same for Man Utd/chelsea etc.
  • still begs the question, why is an overnight trip needed to Southampton !!! (different maybe if we were challenging for anything and/or they actually deserved it)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Overheared them saying that they had to pay for their own rooms if they wanted a room to themselves

Umm...I thought it was also a long-standing tradition that footballers shared rooms - even at World Cups etc? No wonder team spirit is rubbish...

Team spirit, you must be joking. As GHE mentioned earlier, none of them were talking to each other in the hotel before the game. They went for a "team" walk around the grounds before the coach left for the ground. Hardly any of them looked as if they wanted to be there. Youga and a couple of the others had headphones on, one or two were texting and they all looked disinterested.
  • well they all looked pretty pleased when they scored their goals and celebrated together.

You got to get in the zone... instead of larking about laughing and joking. look what happened when dicko larked about in the hotel before a game?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]well they all looked pretty pleased when they scored their goals and celebrated together.

You got to get in the zone... instead of larking about laughing and joking. look what happened when dicko larked about in the hotel before a game?

Exactly, some people make me laugh, we get 3 points at an away game, yet still the urge to find something to moan about comes through. From people not even at the game as well, hillarious stuff.