Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options
    65. Whyte sends in a dipping cross but it doesn't meet anyone in a yellow shirt #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    If anybody actually watching this thinks our midfield is good enough......
    Think that we've brought in a couple of duds. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Gunter at left back DOES NOT WORK
    Needs must at the moment though, hurry back purrington
    And say Purrington breaks down or gets another injury....?
    I’d be amazed if a left back isn’t a high priority on our list of transfer targets. Whether we’ll get a good one is another matter. 
  • Options
    Midfield just lacks any sort of attacking idea.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    You need to add Jaiyesimi to that.
  • Options

• Options
    Southbank said:
    After 2 games...have a word...
  • Options
    motm are the fans. 
  • Options
    WTF was that booking?!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    And say Purrington breaks down or gets another injury....?
    If, buts, maybe's, deal with anything if it happens, but we need Purrington back asap for a start at least, try something positive sometime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All our attacking has been down the left. Where we a have a tight footed striker and a right footed left back both playing out of position. Makes no sense. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Southbank said:
    You need to add Jaiyesimi to that.
    I'd agree with that.

Don't like 4-3-3 either. 
  • Options

67. Patient play from United who play the ball around midfield before Williams picks the ball up wide right and wins a corner #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to stick it in there, but all the comments about Albie being so involved and seeing a lot of the ball in our good play etc. Like he's a one man show, but, isn't that the point though? Like, thats his positions remit?

He's supposed to be our 10 and main creative force of course he's gonna be involved in it, doesn't mean he's any good at it though.

And before I get hung by the CL positivity inquisition, I like the lad and think he'll come good, but saying "he's getting involved" like it's something magical when it's his one job.. ya, I dunno.
    It's the whole teams job to yet involved.

Of course, but like with the Washington/ DJ comment you just said about why only one seems to be attacking, maybe thsts down to coaching instructions,  "wash be more advanced, weaker down that side, DJ hold more for balance" "give the ball to Morgan to make things happen" etc? 

Much like a winger, Morgan will blow hot and cold as a creative player, he's still had a pretty stop start career so far, measured opinions an 'all. 

Think he'll look s lot better when Gilbey is back and we can manage his game time more personally.
    So we're waiting for the end of August to bring in some premier/championship youngsters who will more likely be Smith/Levitt quality rather than a Gallagher / Cullen.

We're also waiting for Gilbey so we can put Morgan on the bench. Gilbey could be out for months. Although he is back training (I think), we don't know what effect Covid has had on him & how long it will be before he can take part in a game.

I think this will be a long hard season.
  • Options
    Honestly it's like watching us last season and that is the most disappointing thing. I'm actually bored. The football is shite.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    It shouldn't be 'needs must' though. The moment Purrington got injured we should've done everything to bring in a replacement. I mean the squad needs another left back WITH Purrington fit let alone without. 
  • Options
    Chasing shadows in midfield. Albie gone quiet the last 10 minutes and all attacking threat we had (which was pretty minimal anyway) has gone. Clare utterly anonymous so far. 
  • Options
    70. SUB: Matty Taylor replaces Sam Winnall who gets an applause from the United fans #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Dobson off... Clare's been anonymous this half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    After 2 games...have a word...
    People are allowed opinions. I hope I’m proved wrong but my opinion is that two players who have been at best average performers in mid / lower table league one teams up to now won’t be running games at the top of the division all of a sudden.

Kirk has the right hallmarks and credentials. We need to sign another 6-7 of his level.
  • Options
    We simply didn't prepare enough for this season, hardly any quality on the bench.
  • Options

71' SUB | Ben Watson is on for George Dobson. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Chasing shadows in midfield. Albie gone quiet the last 10 minutes and all attacking threat we had (which was pretty minimal anyway) has gone. Clare utterly anonymous so far. 
    Is that Clare ... our self-appointed box-to-box midfielder?

Does he ever touch the ball as well?
  • Options
    72. A dangerous cross is dealt with well by Williams at the back post who flicks the ball away from goal #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Honestly it's like watching us last season and that is the most disappointing thing. I'm actually bored. The football is shite.
    We are watching the same as last season, minus Chucks.
  • Options
    74. Gunter tries to pick out Stockley in the middle but it goes over the head of Charlton's number 9 #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    It is basically last season’s team minus Millar who, for all people moaned about him, was the one who’s pace and dribbling gave us all our spark last season. Clare and Dobson so far have added nothing that Watson and Pratley didn’t have other than being younger. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!