Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can you spot yourself?

Comments

• Options
    Is that terrace on the right of the main stand (when sat in the stand)? I was standing on the small terrace between main stand & covered end. 

Has anyone got a photo of that? I’d love to see myself in tears that day 😪😪
  • Options
    Photo by Tom Morris found in the Museum.

21 September 1985, presumably celebrating one of the last goals at the Valley.

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
  • Options

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Ok, Looks like it is, just couldn’t work out why there are so many fans in that bit or recall the small car park to the right
  • Options

This is where the above photo is from if anybody’s interested 
  • Options
    I was there aged 9. My brother aged 7 and my Dad.  We all still go with the next generation along for the ride now too.   Not in that picture though.
  • Options
    I would have been sitting in a jubilee club leather cinema seat in the ‘west’ stand
    Me too.
  • Options
    Sure I can see me jibbing in  through the turnstiles.
  • Options
    Fantastic days…
  • Options
    Chatting yesterday to a mate of a mate (West Ham fan) asked me if I was at that game as he went with a Charlton mate of his, I was there but can't see myself in the picture.

• Options
    I yes! Just found myself. About 5 heads up from the 2 WPCs south east of the white bag or whatever it is. I was working in Greenwich hospital that morning and walked to the valley to meet my mate who is also there with his arm in the air. Brilliant brilliant photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that terrace on the right of the main stand (when sat in the stand)? I was standing on the small terrace between main stand & covered end. 

Has anyone got a photo of that? I’d love to see myself in tears that day 😪😪
    It is the bit between the main stand and the covered end. 
  • Options
    I'm definitely on there but can't see myself (yet). Has anyone spotted any females at all in that photo?! (not police). 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

"Kenny Everett" looks like "Motor-bike Mike" who was a regular at away games in the 80s. But no leathers....so probably not him. Bloke in white just above him looks like another away regular....Dave?....really nice bloke....lorry driver. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'm definitely on there but can't see myself (yet). Has anyone spotted any females at all in that photo?! (not police). 
    I think @Fanny Fanackapan had been nicked by then.
  • Options
    I was 10 and was sitting in the main stand with the old man
  • Options
    I was in that section for the game, however I can't see myself in there.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I would usually have been in there.  Unfortunately, by the time I got back from my Saturday job at LBC, they’d closed the turnstiles there because of the overcrowding.  Sods coming over from their usual Covered End home! ;-) I had to pay £5.20 to get into the seats in the West Stand instead.  I was right on the end, right by that paddock. 
  • Options
    Yes, I'm in there with my dad...about half way up between the 2nd/3rd coppers from the left.
  • Options
    I was on that terrace but can't spot myself. Note the absence of replica shirts, what would the marketing men say!
  • Options

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Ok, Looks like it is, just couldn’t work out why there are so many fans in that bit or recall the small car park to the right
    Don't think that was a car park, but the yard of a timber merchants (?) in situ before the ground was built. The building with the door half way up and the white patch was their building, not Charltons. Their offices (visible with the white window) eventually became the first club shop when we returned to The Valley, and was later demolished and replaced by the "superstore"..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I was on that terrace but can't spot myself. Note the absence of replica shirts, what would the marketing men say!
    "Right, which one of you are going into that lot and start 'sweating the asset'?"
  • Options
    Is that Robert Lee, right at the back, rushing to join in straight from the turnstiles?
  • Options
    Yep, probably to the left of the photo.  "Fryer, Fryer where's the clock.  Fryer. Where's  the clock?"
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Don't think that was a car park, but the yard of a timber merchants (?) in situ before the ground was built. The building with the door half way up and the white patch was their building, not Charltons. Their offices (visible with the white window) eventually became the first club shop when we returned to The Valley, and was later demolished and replaced by the "superstore"..
    Just worked it out it was probably a building I would have walked past at least 400 times on the way into the ground by that game when we usually entered by turnstiles close to the covered end or main stand (but not always) and never given a second thought to…
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm in that photo with my late dad and my younger brother.
  • Options
    I found me in that photo eventually. I knew I'd be in it as it was the place to be to get onto the pitch. 
  • Options
    Can you spot yourself? 

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can you spot yourself? 

Erm no.... slightly to the right of the picture 
  • Options

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Just worked it out it was probably a building I would have walked past at least 400 times on the way into the ground by that game when we usually entered by turnstiles close to the covered end or main stand (but not always) and never given a second thought to…
    This shows how far the property cut into the club's land. 

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can you spot yourself? 

Under the M of images. Black t shirt