Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Honeymoon help

Hi all,
due to go on Honeymoon August this year.
long story short my partner cannot fly and therefore our original destination is out question,
so I am looking for advice/ideas of places can go where can train/ferry or what have you.

basically want somewhere sunny. So far south of france was the ideal but it still looks quite long winded to get there.

cruise is also an option though unsure as never done one before.

thanks in advance 

Comments

• You can get a ferry to Santander in Spain I think but don't know anything about it.
  • You can get a ferry to Santander in Spain I think but don't know anything about it.
    Interestingly a few minutes ago had a text from my mate who is on the Portsmouth to Santander ferry. Its a 33 hour trip via the bay of Biscay.
    Having traveled that route a couple of years ago could not really recommend it. 
    My mate just text saying it was getting a bit rough in time for dinner!!
  • If you're not too fussed about the weather.

The Aviemore Highland Resort.
    Lovely place, plenty to do, excellent food.

Direct train from London.
  • edited January 2022
    Hire yourself a nice classic car for a couple of weeks, have a road trip down to Sarnico and bomb around Lake L'Iseo on one of these for a few days -

That's a Aquariva in the photo; the Riva boat company are based on the banks of Lake L'Iseo. Pretend you're minted and interested in buying a boat and they'll not only give you a ride, they'll treat you to some food n all
  • Cruise, Ambassador out of Tilbury or Celebrity out of Southampton. Both do all inclusive and stretch to a balcony cabin if you can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why dont you wait until the Charlton fixtures have been released?

Can then see if there are any away games that you fancy doing in August, combine it as a City break
    Getting married and then a weekend in Northampton. It’s the stuff dreams are made of. 
  • If you have the time and fancy a ferry, Dover Calais or Dunkirk and drive south.
    As I suggested, If you have time drive south through France to Northern Spain, staying at the super resort of San Sebastian stopping at St Jean De Luz on route.
    Done it a few times but you need more than a couple of weeks to do it justice. 
  • Why dont you wait until the Charlton fixtures have been released?

Can then see if there are any away games that you fancy doing in August, combine it as a City break
    Getting married and then a weekend in Northampton. It’s the stuff dreams are made of. 
    This one is more likely than the orient express having just looked at prices 

Sadly my main thing is I want some sun and good weather so realise that means more of a ball aches journey to get that if not flying.

so far enquired on the cruise out of Southampton thanks red10 
    and looking at maybe Eurostar to Paris couple nights then fast train onto south of france for a week or something maybe 

all ideas/advice/jokes welcome 

thanks all
  • edited January 2022
    Hi all,
    long story short my partner cannot fly and therefore our original destination is out question,
    so I am looking for advice/ideas of places can go where can train/ferry or what have you.

basically want somewhere sunny. So far south of france was the ideal but it still looks quite long winded to get there.

thanks in advance 

Can you share any of the following?

- What's your age profile?
     - Do you want lively or peaceful, adults only or not fussed?
     - Do you want to sit by a pool and sunbathe or be active (or if both whats the mix)?
     - What is most important to you - entertainment, facilities (spa etc), food, nightlife etc etc.
     - How independent do you want to be (do your own thing or have someone else do things for you?
     - is there anything you definitely don't want to do?
     - And the killer - how much do you want to spend (excluding spending money)?

Happy to offer some thoughts...
  • edited January 2022
    Why dont you wait until the Charlton fixtures have been released?

You old romantic you @ForeverAddicktedB)
  • Hi all,

thanks in advance 

- Do you want to sit by a pool and sunbathe or be active (or if both whats the mix)?
     - What is most important to you - entertainment, facilities (spa etc), food, nightlife etc etc.
     - How independent do you want to be (do your own thing or have someone else do things for you?

Age 36 and 32 
    prob a peaceful place but with a bit of atmosphere there or somewhere near can visit for this 
    prefer to relax sit by pool sunbathe in day (one of non flying reasons due to partners back so limits her being very active) 
    most important for me is sun and food and my partner would say spa and entertainment prob 
    for me the only defo no no is somewhere weather not great and lots of walking required which not possible for other half 
    as for budget prob 3-4K mark 
    Cheers 
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the advert that just appeared you should go to Okinawa.
  • South of France should tick all your boxes. Some lovely places in Antibes gives you easy access to Cannes, Nice and Monaco.  Short drive in a hire car or a cheap train ride.
  • edited January 2022
    South of France -take Eurostar to Paris and then one of their super fast trains south
    Whilst you are there, see if she wants to be taken up the Eiffel tower.
  • Hi all,

thanks in advance 

Age 36 and 32 
    prob a peaceful place but with a bit of atmosphere there or somewhere near can visit for this 
    prefer to relax sit by pool sunbathe in day (one of non flying reasons due to partners back so limits her being very active) 
    most important for me is sun and food and my partner would say spa and entertainment prob 
    for me the only defo no no is somewhere weather not great and lots of walking required which not possible for other half 
    as for budget prob 3-4K mark 
    Cheers 
    So you're not too young to cruise

You can sit by the pool

Eat and drink to your hearts content

Fantastic Spas

Plenty of entertainment laid on

On days when the ship is somewhere, stay on board and have the ship to yourself or jump in a taxi and sit on a beach - have lunch in town

For £4k you will get yourself a nice balcony cabin...

https://www.iglucruise.com/search?hitsPerPage=15&refinementList[itinerary.destinations.en][0]=Mediterranean&refinementList[cruiseTypeNameNew][0]=No Fly Cruise&refinementList[cruiseTypeNameNew][1]=Cruise and Stay&refinementList[departure_seaport.port_name.en][0]=Southampton
  • South of France -take Eurostar to Paris and then one of their super fast trains south
    Whilst you are there, see if she wants to be taken up the Eiffel tower.
    Or you could take her up the Canal de l’Ourcq.
  • took your time, @DaveMehmet
  • According to the advert that just appeared you should go to Okinawa.
    Using that logic, it's a good job I'm not giving advice. If I were, Mrs Fuller would be getting set for a trip to Wilko.
  • IdleHans said:
    took your time, @DaveMehmet
    Like a lion stalking its prey - Dave was just waiting for the right moment