Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Queen Has Covid

So far just mild cold like symptoms. Hope it stays that way. Get well soon.

Comments

• Can imagine that there's a cleaner or someone right now that tested positive after being around the Palace who's very nervously hoping that they've not accidently killed the Queen!
  • Can imagine that there's a cleaner or someone right now that tested positive after being around the Palace who's very nervously hoping that they've not accidently killed the Queen!
    She carried out her duties last week - she met the outgoing and new Defence Services Secretary

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/royals/the-queen-95-admits-she-cant-move-very-well-during-engagement-at-windsor-castle/
  • BBC reporting she has been in close contact with Prince Charles who had Covid last week plus other staff members in Windsor Caste have it.
  • Hope she's better soon
  • I wish the Queen a speedy recovery from Covid.

It is lucky that testing is still in place to detect her infection early and so that anti-viral drugs can be given, others contracting Covid in the next few weeks may not be so lucky.
    That’s a very valid point.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
  • edited February 2022
    Apologies, it said above it wasn't serious and she has mild cold like symptoms.
    The most up to date report I saw an hour ago, was that she was planning to work all week, pretty much as usual. 
    I didn't realise it was now serious, although I can't find anything to say it is serious.
  • edited February 2022
    Thats it!, next time she nips around to borrow some sugar, she'll have to sit in the kitchen and we will have to chat through the serving hatch.
  • edited February 2022
    se9addick said:
    Just in time to avoid the self isolation rules, I like her style! 
    Can you think of anywhere that is more self isolated than Windsor Castle or Buck Palace.., she could sleep in a different bedroom for a month and still have a month spare, anyway get well soon Ma'am...
  • BoJo says it’s all over so it must be, right?
  • edited February 2022

Capitalising on it to make your own political point seems a bit low right?
  • IAgree said:
    I heard she was on a bus with no mask.
    Jeez I’m a republican and think that’s in poor taste - a 95 year old has Covid and it’s serious, not a subject of humour. Whatever my opinions of she’s a remarkable woman and deserves incredible respect.
    Where has it been reported that it's serious?

surely exaggerating the extent of the queens illness is a more severe Charlton life crime than making a joke about the queen?
  • Apologies, it said above it wasn't serious and she has mild cold like symptoms.
    The most up to date report I saw an hour ago, was that she was planning to work all week, pretty much as usual. 
    I didn't realise it was now serious, although I can't find anything to say it is serious.
    No need to apologise CE, it’s black humour, it’s what we do. Not been reported anywhere it’s a serious case and a statement was issued saying she will continue with light duties.

I was more surprised with the last statement as I never knew she was an electrician.
  • She is suffering from mild symptoms and continues to carry out light duties. It's very serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• IAgree said:
    I heard she was on a bus with no mask.
    Jeez I’m a republican and think that’s in poor taste - a 95 year old has Covid and it’s serious, not a subject of humour. Whatever my opinions of she’s a remarkable woman and deserves incredible respect.
    Where has it been reported that it's serious?

surely exaggerating the extent of the queens illness is a more severe Charlton life crime than making a joke about the queen?
    This is a 95 year old (nearly 96) woman with a potentially deadly virus which usually takes a number of days to become serious. There is always a risk at that age. Plus I think the tendency is to downplay illness in the royal family. No doubt she will receive the best care however at that age it could well knock her for six.

Not quite sure why the LOLs? I am a republican but she is the only one from her family I have any time or respect for.
  • Light duties for the Queen doesn't mean that she will be going out and meeting people, it will mean signing official papers and possibly Zoom interviews. It's a new low for the Daily Mail to use the Queen's illness for their propaganda. I used to be a regular reader but they are now a disgusting rag.
  • edited February 2022
  • Light duties for the Queen doesn't mean that she will be going out and meeting people, it will mean signing official papers and possibly Zoom interviews. It's a new low for the Daily Mail to use the Queen's illness for their propaganda. I used to be a regular reader but they are now a disgusting rag.
    I am not a DM reader, in fact I don’t read any newspapers but the article clearly says the light duties will be internet, telephone and video related. It goes on to say the one event she was attending in person would likely be cancelled so I am not sure why you feel the need to repeat it.

What it does hi light is at 95 she cracking on due to the fact her Covid is no worse that a common cold and hopefully it will stay that way.

• edited February 2022
    Light duties for the Queen doesn't mean that she will be going out and meeting people, it will mean signing official papers and possibly Zoom interviews. It's a new low for the Daily Mail to use the Queen's illness for their propaganda. I used to be a regular reader but they are now a disgusting rag.
    I am not a DM reader, in fact I don’t read any newspapers but the article clearly says the light duties will be internet, telephone and video related. It goes on to say the one event she was attending in person would likely be cancelled so I am not sure why you feel the need to repeat it.

What it does hi light is at 95 she cracking on due to the fact her Covid is no worse that a common cold and hopefully it will stay that way.

She won't be going out and infecting other people and those who need to come into contact with her will no doubt be wearing masks as will she, as Buckingham Place has aid she will be following all Covid guidelines.  The Daily  Mail wants people to go to work whilst infected.
    It is being reported across Media, why mention the Mail specifically?

She won't be going out and infecting other people and those who need to come into contact with her will no doubt be wearing masks as will she, as Buckingham Place has aid she will be following all Covid guidelines.  The Daily  Mail wants people to go to work whilst infected.
    The BBC reported yesterday that she most likely caught Covid off of Prince Charles so what happened to the Buck House / Windsor Castle guidelines in that case. 

The ideal world you crave for is never going to happen, we are learning to live with Covid and like it or not you will have to accept it.

• Capitalising on it to make your own political point seems a bit low right?
    God they really are scum.

As things stand right now she is legally obliged to isolate. If she is fit enough to work then WFH is what she should do, again under current restrictions.