Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall ground becomes Poundland Bescot Stadium in new partnership

Walsall Football Club's ground will become the Poundland Bescot Stadium, after a new partnership was agreed with the discount retailer.

The club had revealed its partnership with Banks's, which had held the first sponsorship of the ground since 2007, would finish at the end of this season.

West Midlands-based Poundland will also feature on the Saddlers' two-tier stand and be the shirt sponsor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-61248516

Comments

• Another one to add to the list of headlines best read in a Black Country accent.
  • Buy a player from Walsall and you can officially say you are shopping in Poundland 🤣🤣
  • It’ll need quite a few coppers on duty for the Poundland Stadium.
  • Buy a player from Walsall and you can officially say you are shopping in Poundland 🤣🤣
    Go get Liam Kinsella.
  • Could you imagine the outrage if we had the Poundland Valley!
    Yes 

"Why aren't we sponsored by Harrods?  Mumford out!"
  • Well Done Walsall. Getting Poundland on board is one way of breaking even! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    It’ll need quite a few coppers on duty for the Poundland Stadium.
    Nah they'll just put up those stickers of a policeman to put people off causing trouble.
  • Poundland could sponsor The Valley, the ground would always be known as that regardless of who the sponsors are.
  • Rothko said:
    Good proper, go fuck yourselves, tweet there
    Indeed!

as much as it’s full of strange folk, the success of Poundland and places like that say more about life in general in this country right now.  As much as I wouldn’t like it at The Valley I love that tweet.  
    What about the 50million Poundland Valley?
  • edited April 2022
    Walsall always seem like a decent club to me, standing a bit like Leyton Orient for their region.
    If their sponsor is Poundland then good for them. I will have more positive vibes next time I’m in Poundland Lewisham.
    Their real problem for me is the nickname ‘saddlers’ because saddles are (always?) made from slaughtered animals which does not seem right if you’re a vegetarian.
  • I think that’s a fantastic sponsorship from a Poundland perspective. Sponsoring a no frills community club is bang on brand for them - and that tweet (which will have been pre planned and scripted) is superb.

Big well done to the commercial teams behind that because it will be a massive success.

Put it this way - anyone that shops / would shop in Poundland won’t be put off by it, and if anything they will spread the appeal of their brand to a wider audience.

Love it.
  • seth plum said:
    Walsall always seem like a decent club to me, standing a bit like Leyton Orient for their region.
    If their sponsor is Poundland then good for them. I will have more positive vibes next time I’m in Poundland Lewisham.
    Their real problem for me is the nickname ‘saddlers’ because saddles are (always?) made from slaughtered animals which does not seem right if you’re a vegetarian.
    You can get vegan cycle saddles Seth. 😎
  • iainment said:
    seth plum said:
    You can get vegan cycle saddles Seth. 😎
    This is probably the most important post of the day.
    So Walsall could well be interpreted as a club that stands for Vegan Saddles.

• Vegaddles
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you Snoop Dogg?