Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boris Becker

jailed for two and half years for hiding assets when he went bankrupt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61276378 

Comments

• One court he failed to win on 
  • Perhaps he should have asked Katie Price for legal advice.
  • Mixed Doubles anyone? 
  • Yes he got what he deserved, but it is a bit of a tragic story really, when you consider how much money he must have earned in his career
  • Perhaps he should have asked Katie Price for legal advice.
    it makes her lack of bird even more laughable 
  • Yes he got what he deserved, but it is a bit of a tragic story really, when you consider how much money he must have earned in his career
    Indeed but he will get out early for the amount of time he’s served
  • Arrogant upstart. Got what he deserved!
  • Did he hide them in a broom cupboard?
    He tried to, but you were in there knocking one out.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd imagine he'll be asking for new balls please after two and a half years inside.
  • Two years of giving tennis lessons for free in inner London schools would be more beneficial for everyone. 

Boris Becker won Wimbledon as a youngster and had money most of us can only dream about. He didn't heed his lessons, the Wags, schools fees, and bad business investments have done for him and he hasn't heeded the mistakes he made 20 years ago in Germany.

Boris is my favourite German and I feel sad how he has ended up in this mess !
    Paddy Bauer?
  • Two years of giving tennis lessons for free in inner London schools would be more beneficial for everyone. 

Boris Becker won Wimbledon as a youngster and had money most of us can only dream about. He didn't heed his lessons, the Wags, schools fees, and bad business investments have done for him and he hasn't heeded the mistakes he made 20 years ago in Germany.

THIS 100%.
    Now taxpayers are paying a grand (slam) a week to keep him inside - when he should be visiting schools etc for 2 years and coaching etc. 

The case after his was probably a yoof robber who got a supervision order. (I’m guessing). 
  • Let's hope his cell mate puts plenty of back spin on it!

Whilst i agree that it would be more beneficial for the public it’s not much of a deterrent. Would talented people take liberties knowing that if they got caught they’d be outside teaching their craft instead of staring at 4 walls?
  • 2 1/2 years will be 15 months in real terms.
  • LenGlover said:
    2 1/2 years will be 15 months in real terms.
    15 Love 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    LenGlover said:
    2 1/2 years will be 15 months in real terms.
    20 months means 15 months net you could say 😀
  • Is that how long he’s got to serve
  • edited April 2022
    I don't know the particular circumstances of his case, but the bottom line is if he broke the law then he is bang to rights.
    But (as the Ram said) as somebody who has had close personal experience of bankruptcy, after spending your life trying to improve the lot of yourself and your family, I can certainly get the temptation to squirrel away what you can of the fruits of your labour for the benefit of your family.
    Until relatively recently in the UK, if you went bankrupt they even took your pension away.
    Never did get that punitive vindictiveness.
    Anyway, thanks for the tennis memories Boris.
    Nothing tragic in a multi millionaire wasting his money and living above his means. He had his wits about him when trying to hide assets to deceive the courts. 

What is happening in Ukraine is tragic, this prick got what he deserves.
    You seem like a very nice bloke mike. 😟
  • Guess he won’t be commentating on Wimbledon this year 

THIS 100%.
    Now taxpayers are paying a grand (slam) a week to keep him inside - when he should be visiting schools etc for 2 years and coaching etc. 

The case after his was probably a yoof robber who got a supervision order. (I’m guessing). 
    He has deliberately broken the law and showed absolutely no contrition - why the hell should he get to play tennis?!? He should be punished with in the same way as anyone else.
  • A good friend worked in the same building as The Insolvency Service when BB had a gig there in 2017. Drove to it, parked illegally, once hearing done car impounded. So he had to get the tube to Wimbledon to go and work for the BBC. Much incredulity in an adjacent premises post 5pm or so when BB's dulcet tones were heard on TV in this place my friend visited. Probably the most famous person to attend this building my friend did on a daily basis, though many a Z list celeb would walk in. BB genuinely looked like he was off to pick up the soap that day. So I've been told...