Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why but I thought Jesus was older than 25.
    That makes 45m a very decent price.
    I suppose he just seems to have been around a long time.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Malik Wilkes signing for Sheffield Wednesday for 200k.

They’re really meaning business this season.

Wilkes trying to complete the Yorkshire set.
    This is bad news. One of those players that has proven he's too good for this level yet never quite manages to cut it in the championship. Only 23 as well, shame we couldn't tempt him to man up and come south as he brings goals and assists.
  • Options
    Bale signs 1 year  contract with Los Angeles FC
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61937720

Slightly random move, with Accrington defender Ross Sykes moving to Belgian club Union SG
  • Options

Burnley are close to signing Oxford United defender Luke McNally. #BurnleyFC #twitterclarets #OUFC

— Pete O'Rourke (@SportsPeteO) June 26, 2022
  • Options
    Twine confirmed as a Burnley player.

Will be interesting to see how MK replace him.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/clarets-capture-twine
  • Options
    I have a feeling he will prove to be an overpriced failure
    I’m thinking the opposite and that he will flourish around better players. He has struggled a bit of late at International level, but probably had this big move on his mind. He was excellent during the Euros and then got injured. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling he will prove to be an overpriced failure
    I’m thinking the opposite and that he will flourish around better players. He has struggled a bit of late at International level, but probably had this big move on his mind. He was excellent during the Euros and then got injured. 
    Exactly my thinking. He’s been injured this season and his form dipped but has played almost non-stop for so long at a high intensity and training at a high intensity too.

Think Pep will bring his game to another level and with better players around the whole time, in a team who dominate the ball, he’s likely to do very well. 
  • Options
    George Honeyman set to sign for Millwal from Hull City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Benik Afobe to have a medical at Millwall ahead of another season long loan from Stoke City.
  • Options
    If they can get Raphinha as well then they've had a great transfer window.
  • Options
    Benik Afobe to have a medical at Millwall ahead of another season long loan from Stoke City.
    Yep, happy with that. Along with with Fleming that’s three decent signings and adds a lot of creativity to the team. 

More to come as well apparently. 

Jed who? 
  • Options
    Thought I’d logged into Millwalllife for a second 😴
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Thought I’d logged into Millwalllife for a second 😴
    It is a non charlton thread. It says that in the title. Maybe you should stick to your own threads? 😉
    👏👏
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Yep, happy with that. Along with with Fleming that’s three decent signings and adds a lot of creativity to the team. 

Jed who? 
    Hoping for Ballard. Massive potential. Arsenal being d*cks, or so I've heard.

Also rumours of a full-back from, you guessed it, the Netherlands.

Let's see what happens. Happy so far...Burke incoming as well. He's, apparently, in Ireland with the squad so not sure why the club are holding out with the announcement.
  • Options
    Honeyman & Afobe are good signings.
  • Options
    Honeyman & Afobe are good signings.
    I think Flemming has the potential to be the pick of the bunch. Ballard, if we manage to pull of the unlikely, as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61937720

Slightly random move, with Accrington defender Ross Sykes moving to Belgian club Union SG
    Tells you a lot about that division as they finished top last season. 
  • Options
    Very uncertain about Phillips to city - looks similar to ake's move to me - does fine but unremarkable 
  • Options
    jams said:
    Very uncertain about Phillips to city - looks similar to ake's move to me - does fine but unremarkable 
    They need some depth though, I think they’ve been quite light in that area for years, even more so with Fernandinho gone. Phillips won’t start much but is half decent cover for Rodri 
  • Options

Jed who? 

Let's see what happens. Happy so far...Burke incoming as well. He's, apparently, in Ireland with the squad so not sure why the club are holding out with the announcement.
    Do you rate Burke? He’s the only one I’m unsure of at the moment. Bundles of pace, but his end product can let him down sometimes, and his touch… Very heavy. 

Ballard would be a huge signing. 
  • Options
    jams said:
    They have a crazy squad depth now though...

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

Maybe they'll want one more right back (but Cancelo is equally adept on either side) and one more winger (again people like Silva and Foden can play wide or through the middle) but I think Phillips is a great signing for them
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

Maybe they'll want one more right back (but Cancelo is equally adept on either side) and one more winger (again people like Silva and Foden can play wide or through the middle) but I think Phillips is a great signing for them
    They won’t want a right back, it’s left back they need. Cancelo is a RB covering at LB and Zinchenko prefers to play midfield too. Fully expect Cucurella to be a Man City player soon. 

Be interesting to see if they sell Sterling and if so, replace him. Despite the signing of Haaland I feel they’d be a bit weak in the final third if they don’t. They might just plan to give Kayky a bit more game time. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

They won’t want a right back, it’s left back they need. Cancelo is a RB covering at LB and Zinchenko prefers to play midfield too. Fully expect Cucurella to be a Man City player soon. 

Be interesting to see if they sell Sterling and if so, replace him. Despite the signing of Haaland I feel they’d be a bit weak in the final third if they don’t. They might just plan to give Kayky a bit more game time. 
    A swap deal involving Sterling and James has been mentioned in the gossip columns.  Although that's probably Chelsea wanting Sterling + James wanting a new contract = 5.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    jams said:

Ederson Steffen
    Walker 
    Laporte Ake
    Dias Stones
    Cancelo Zinchenko
    Rodri Phillips
    Silva Foden
    De Bruyne Gundogan
    Mahrez 
    Haaland Alvarez 
    Sterling Grealish

How do you class a side with Haaland, Alvarez, de Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo and Grealish as weak in the final third? I think they also plan to give Cole Palmer who's highly thought of, more minutes.

If Sterling goes (as looks likely) then it's him and Jesus out, Haaland and Alvarez in. Haaland is definitely an upgrade on Jesus, and whilst still relatively unknown Alvarez is an Argentinian international and the current south american footballer of the year. 
  • Options
    Jorge Grant .. main man at Lincoln, disappeared at Posh, now signed for Hearts
  • Options

Jed who? 

Do you rate Burke? He’s the only one I’m unsure of at the moment. Bundles of pace, but his end product can let him down sometimes, and his touch… Very heavy. 

Ballard would be a huge signing. 
    Oi you two. Take this to Millwall Life! 😉