Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does anyone actually like Alan Green?

Football Journalists are generally the laziest, piss poor journalists of them all. Nobody embodies the over-opinionated, overpaid and the over exposed more that the consistently piss poor Alan Green.

I'm going to have to listen to his verbal muck on radio 5 live once again as I can't get to a telly this evening.

Have I missed something? Is Green actually a thoroughly astute observer of the game? Does anyone actually like listening to him?

Comments

• No you've not missed anything...he's a complete tool!
  • Cheers addick, I wondered if it was just me.
  • To be honest if he's on the radio I try to find another channel.
  • Call me Nostradamus, but my guessing is Chirpy will turn up on this thread at some point :-)
  • He is an unashamed Man U fan and I loved hearing him gleefully echoing Fergie's expectation that he could finally sit back and enjoy a Champions League final. Erm, yes...
  • Thought he was a Liverpool fan.
  • Just get the impression that he thinks Man U can do NO wrong. My wife is a Liverpool fan and was so irritated by him this season and his constant gushing praise for Man U and little mention of any other top 4 side. He speaks like he has an unhealthy 'like' of Man U, but I may be wrong...
  • I can't stand his commentary, he's a terrible talker of the game, he nether does any match he watches any justice.
  • I detest him with a passion

Complete total and utter wanker
  • He's definitely a Liverpool fan
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm here!

The bloke is a prat, he knows nothing about football. He does not like Man U, he is so bias towards Liverpool it's embarassing.
    Listen to him in a FA Cup game Prem V Championship team, he won't know any of the names from the lower team. The same on 606, any non-Prem fan just gets patronised.
    He doesn't commentate he opinionates. He hates Beckham and Rooney and is actually in love with Jamie Carragher.
    He is constatly telling us how Fergie won't speak to the BBC because of a falling out they had. Not true. Fergie fell out with the Beeb over an article in MOTD magazine.
    PRAT PRAT PRAT!
    Mike Ingahm is just so much better on 5Live and the underused Jonathan Pearce is the best of the lot.
  • Woeful, and definitely a Liverpool fan.
  • Even his mum says he's a complete and utter Ó*∩┬.
  • 100% arsewipe negative and too big for his on boots !!
  • Cannot stand the bloke and as for his accent......
  • Can't listen to Radio 5 if he is commentating.
    Does my head in.

Have to switch it off.

Rather read Beeb live update texts instead.
  • I thought the reason Fergie didn't speak to the BBC was something to do with an investigation into one of his sons they did.
  • The man is a complete and utter w@nk3r. It's a shame, because when he puts his mind to it he's actually able to paint a decent picture of the action - something not all radio commentators are able to do. Trouble is he spoils it with his constant whining on, in a totally OTT way, about anything and everything. It particularly pisses me off when he starts having a pop at the crowd - the fans make this game and pay your wages, so shut your hole!

The point about his complete lack of knowledge about anyone below the Premiership is a good one too - he's a terrible choice to present something like 606.

He's also definitely a Liverpool fan, although he does nothing but moan about them and Benitez's tactics. Apparently he's fallen out with Grahame Taylor (the most inoffensive man on the radio) because GT let slip on air that AG was a liverpool fan, and now AG is refusing to sit next to GT on any flights etc - how pathetic.

I like Mike Ingham, and in an ideal world Roddy Forsyth wold move south to join him and replace Green.
  • I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say I like him.

Tells it as it is, if a game is rubbish he'll say so. If a player is having a stinker he'll say so. There is none of the Sky protect the product nonsence of trying to find positives when something is rally bad... Not much of a 606 presenter i'll agree but surely there is room in the game for someone who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say I like him.

Tells it as it is, if a game is rubbish he'll say so. If a player is having a stinker he'll say so. There is none of the Sky protect the product nonsence of trying to find positives when something is rally bad... Not much of a 606 presenter i'll agree but surely there is room in the game for someone who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.

I think he used to be as you describe but has now become a parody of himself.

Complaining about refs, going on about the Fergie thing, being the "I give to them straight" bit so much that you hardly get a comment on the match in progress.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say I like him.

Fair play but after a (very short) while the novelty wears off and it gets very, very tiresome.

Can't disagree with what's been said about Green on this thread. Nuff said about him.

Interesting point about his disrespect for non-Prem teams when he's commentating. The Beeb have many very good commentators who work very hard at what they do and come across really well, and they make sure they know the teams they're talking about. There really is no need to keep resorting to the same old names for the 'big games',
  • edited June 2009
    Funny too that he goes on about the referees wanting to be stars and wishing he could look down the teamsheet and not recognise who the referee is.

Rather like a good commentator then, Greeny.
  • I was going to post much the same thing in reply Henry. He's not so much telling it as it is these days, as constantly on the look out for negatives to report in order to maintian his image. I think this is often to the detriment of accurate reporting of the positives.
  • They should sack him and get Stuart Hall to be their main commentator!!
  • He is the most miserable, negative, self opinionated , humourless pratt on the radio , I have to turn Five live off now when he is commentating, as he gets to me so much .
  • He is a git, end of. Hate him, his stupid voice, his stupid Chicken Mourner preference, he is just a turd of the highest order.
  • Who?

Can honestly say I dont listen to any radio commentary of live matches, unless it's Charlton, England or Rangers, and I'm not near a TV.

Have no interest apart from listening to Talksport or 606 general discussions or phone ins (but very rarely).

Best thing on radio at the moment, Durham & Ian Wright on Talksport, cracks me up.
  • "miserable,negative,self opinionated,humourless,pratt----" does he aslo post on here ? sounds like a cyber stalker i know.
  • I think he's great.

Apart from when he's commentating on - or talking about - anything to do with football. At which time he becomes a petulant, boorish, boring, crass moron.