Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    When was the last time we scored a thunderbastard in the league? I genuinely can't remember 
    Page,  against Plymouth.....

Thuder bolts ✅
    Best performance of the season ✅
    Biggest win ✅

Plymouth :-) 
  • Options
    What a joy to watch....
  • Options
    That from Clare was basically that Stephen Carr goal for Spurs against United 
  • Options
    Kirk having a great game
  • Options
    We're still 5th!
  • Options
    Stockley is playing so well. JRS is a brilliant player and Sean Clare’s goal was just ridiculous. 

Negatives - We look very exposed down our left flank. Kirk has no interest in defending, and poor Clayden is so exposed. Fraser still looks off the pace. Hopefully he takes Kirk and Fraser off, and they can keep the tempo up second half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://youtu.be/yRY8-sRxUII

Sean Clare’s goal 
    Not far off it oohaah!
  • Options
    Plymouth responses to HT on twitter...

May as well be full time, only one way this result is going! Absolute shambles to go from the way we played Saturday to this diabolical display tonight!

Not consistent enough never have been can’t play class against posh then play like this next game why we will never get out of this league
  • Options
    On the penalty and red card - I thought there was a rule where they shouldn’t give a penalty and a red card unless it was violent conduct? I’m sure it’s a ‘double jeopardy’ thing or something? Did I imagine that?
  • Options
    Lovely third goal to get Sean Clare off the mark for the season. Really should have been more but Rak-Sakhi has been profligate and Kirk also missed a couple of good chances. I like their shirts... let's go get five!
  • Options
    Can see Bowyer under RD similarities with Garner at the moment. 

Whatever is going on in the background. He's made sure this team is focused and playing out of their skin. With some help from a stupid decision from a Plymouth player of course. 
    We'd have been 2-0 up if he doesn't raise his hand to block it anyway.
  • Options
    Wow. That was amazing. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Best first half of football at The Valley since the one against Forest that we all bang on about. 
    As long as they don't move Ben Watson 10 yards up the pitch in the second half. 
  • Options
    Ipswich 1st 8PTS
    Bolton 2nd 8PTS
    Sheff Wed 3rd 8PTS
    Exeter 4th 7PTS
    Charlton 5th 7PTS
    Peterborough 6th 7PTS
    Cambridge 7th 7PTS
    Derby 8th 7PTS
    Bristol Rovers 9th 6PTS
  • Options
    JRS looks really good. Not just in his skill, but in his positioning and pressing and movement. He runs beyond Stockley. We've needed that for years. DJ, Kirk, and CBT don't really do it. He's benefited from Plymouth trying to play a high line.  But really early good signs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's swung his arm up curbs FFS.
  • Options
    Well.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/yRY8-sRxUII

Sean Clare’s goal 
    Well I ain't too proud. I fell for it!
  • Options
    Kirk having a great game
    He really isn't, but he has two assists. Will take a few more bad games like this 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wow wow wow wow

In terms of the football has @FannyFanackapan got a very nice tingle ???
  • Options
    I said shoot just as Clare lined it up. Right behind it as he flew in. Goal of the season so far.
  • Options
    Plymouth responses to HT on twitter...

May as well be full time, only one way this result is going! Absolute shambles to go from the way we played Saturday to this diabolical display tonight!

Not consistent enough never have been can’t play class against posh then play like this next game why we will never get out of this league
    Was that Plymouth Golfie? I thought they looked very good up until the red card and penalty.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Best first half of football at The Valley since the one against Forest that we all bang on about. 
    Just said same to my brother, unreal 
  • Options
    First time in a while Dobbo is taking a back seat. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!