Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

As time goes by and by and by

13»

Comments

• Chappel, made his money on buying NHS Oap homes in Scotland and selling at a profit.
  • Most of the problem for fans eems to be the lack of infomation and if a take over is happening how long it is taking. But can i point out to you the Southampton position the fans got lots of info about the possible take over and buyer and look where that has ended.They are a laughing stock now and faceing liquidation or how long the Newcastle sale is taking. In times of economic crises people will be a lot tougher on price and conditions of sales and thus it will take a lot longer, no longer will people just turn up with an open cheque book. So lets be patient and get behind the club who ever controls it.
  • i think that the comment on selling the ground is scaremongering of the highest order.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think that the comment on selling the ground is scaremongering of the highest order.

I would too - if it had been made by anyone else. Rick of all people should know the gravity of saying it.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think that the comment on selling the ground is scaremongering of the highest order.

Had it come from anybody other than the Airman then I'd be inclined to agree with you.

He was one of the leading lights on the fan's side in getting us back and has an inside track to the Club.

I don't think he would say such a thing lightly.
  • So after Airmans comments its all I feared and maybe worse eh?
  • Well its certainly put the heebie jeebies up me Bing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well its certainly put the heebie jeebies up me Bing.

Yup :o(
  • dont care who said it it is scaremongering and shouldnt be said
  • :(
    Worried now.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure I agree NLA. If somebody who is very close to things makes something other than a benign comment that is always "scaremongering" then?

Surely he is entitled to his opinion? His opinion is going to carry weight given his historical and current position at the club.

Anyway without new working capital coming from existing or new investors, or from other loan sources, then sale of assets is pretty much the only way forward until costs are removed to a level which can be matched by income.

Either way, it's not a great position to be in.
  • no it is not bing,

in my humble opinion it should not be said until we know the exact state of what we are facing and none of us do if Rick is privvy to that info then tell us show us the facts that say the club is in a real financial mess, one worse than what we all fear and imagine and then back it up with the only way out is to sell the ground then i would deem it not scare mongering

to just pass a remark about the possibility of the ground being sold is not the right context in which to say it
  • You don't need inside information to know that the club is in a "real financial mess", it's there to be worked out from what's already in the public domain. There's absolutely no way that situation isn't going to get a whole lot worse in the Third Division, where the club's income can't conceivably meet its committed outgoings.
  • Airman, can you see any potential glimmer of hope or is it all bad news?
  • if we are facing admisitration that is a financial mess

selling the ground is beyond that we have been told that we are not going into administration so how can we be that close to selling the ground that is all i am saying
  • Where has all the optimism gone ?????

Call me naiive ( and plenty will) I STILL believe that the takeover will be a done deal very soon.

Henry - Are you sure PV wasn't giving you the "thumbs up" when he drove past the other day.....?