Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton new stadium name..

The Toughsheet Community Stadium

and if you don’t like it, well tough sheet

Comments

• I’d hate The Valley to be changed. Selling the clubs soul if you ask me. 
    Have we got a soul to sell? Everything else has gone.
    I’d say we at least have soul.
    Agreed, but it's different with new grounds that have no historic name. That will be the 4th name Bolton's stadium has had
  • Uboat said:
    I didn’t even know it wasn’t the Reebok any more.  
    Which is the problem with sponsored stadiums, as the first name sticks. 
  • Reebok, Macron, University of Bolton, now ToughSheet. All for one stadium that's been open less than 30 years
  • Hideous stadium, hideous name.
  • What was the first sponsored stadium in this country ?

Britannia ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    What was the first sponsored stadium in this country ?

Britannia ? 
    I'd have a guess at the mccains stadium..Scarborough. 
  • My fave is still the Ice Cream Van Stand at The Mornflake Stadium. 

Not a patch on The Valley, though. 
  • one thing is sure we won't get a BBC drama sponsorship, Happy Valley we ain't
    Yeah ‘The Reebok’ had such tradition, rooted in the club’s history. 
  • There was once I think a ‘Bell End’ at Port Vale named after the owner.
    Yeah ‘The Reebok’ had such tradition, rooted in the club’s history. 
    Sure, but in fairness, Reebok was a company founded in Bolton.
  • Didn't it get changed to the Macron Stadium when they changed kit suppliers?
  • Uboat said:
    I didn’t even know it wasn’t the Reebok any more.  
    Which is the problem with sponsored stadiums, as the first name sticks. 
    And not a problem that it does, I will never call the East Stand the Alan Curbishley stand the same as I would never call the covered end the North Stand.

Naming stands and grounds gives the clubs a few bob and an ego trip for for sponsor, true fans carry on and don't even notice it. Having said that I would not be happy if The Valley was changed
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d be happy with The Valley of Dreams (sponsored by the bed people)…
  • my favorite is the Tony Macaroni Arena, nicknamed The Spagettihad by Livi fans
  • It'd be interesting to see how much they're getting for this naming deal. This is a club who were in the Premier league as recently as 2012.

"Bolton said the partnership with the company, based in Westhoughton, represents the largest sponsorship deal in the club's history."
  • Maybe the Valley Cafe Stadium would beat that deal?
    I’d say we at least have soul.
    Are souls in season?
  • Almost any commercial revenue for a club at this level is fine, a means to an end and as long as the name doesn't sound stupid when read aloud (toughsheet  :D) job's a good'un
    We're obviously drawing the line at saudi, omani, russian etc blood drenched money, tobacco, alcohol and gambling companies
    If they've got the readies The Valley Café Stadium or the Makro Valley would be all good - it's far more important that the egomaniac tosspot in charge of spending the money spends it well and stops signing crocks, has-beens or muppet managers.
  • Chad Valley (we're just a plaything)
  • I’ve commented on other threads before that the day The Valley is renamed is the day I stop going (albeit sporadically). I know others don’t get it but to me it’s an integral part of what the club is and why I support it. 

Melodramatic perhaps, but some things are sacrosanct in my mind, and “The Valley” is one of them. I think it stems from the exile years and the fight to get back. It’s probably closer to many Charlton fans than, say, The Reebok would be to Bolton (although I’m sure many of them felt the same - but the reality is that for every one of me there are many more, including potential new fans, that couldn’t care less).
  • I’ve commented on other threads before that the day The Valley is renamed is the day I stop going (albeit sporadically). I know others don’t get it but to me it’s an integral part of what the club is and why I support it. 

Melodramatic perhaps, but some things are sacrosanct in my mind, and “The Valley” is one of them. I think it stems from the exile years and the fight to get back. It’s probably closer to many Charlton fans than, say, The Reebok would be to Bolton (although I’m sure many of them felt the same - but the reality is that for every one of me there are many more, including potential new fans, that couldn’t care less).
    I absolutely get that, but as has been mentioned above, everyone would continue to call it The Valley.