Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Demelza Walk: Can we get a Lifer contingent ?

On Sunday 2nd August, Demelza are holding their first ever walk.

It is a 6km Green Chain Walk, starting at Charlton's Sparrows Lane training ground, on a circular route around the fields of Eltham / New Eltham. The route is said to be 'easy' and accessible to anyone with even a basic level of fitness, so open to all ages.

Entry is £10 adults, £5 kids, and you will get a commemorative medal and certificate of achievement.

It starts at 9.30am, and a great way to stretch the legs and get a bit of fresh air before sunday lunch !

I'll be dragging some of my family along, would be great if we could interest others off here, put the word around etc.

Any takers ? I can forward entry forms if interested

Comments

• Is there parking available and if so is it free?
  • yes len, it says so on the website.

demelza
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes len, it says so on the website.

demelza

Thanks Curb_it!

If Mrs G can drag herself out of bed we might drive up from Kent for it as it is a worthwhile cause
  • count me in. I'll download the form from the website.
  • Nice one Len, Nice one Alex, and Nice one Rhinosvalley !
  • Erm hosting a party on the 1st this will be a great way of clearing the head! Count me in!
  • Henry Jnr has a game planned for that morning but if cancelled will try and get along.

How far is 6km in old money?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr has a game planned for that morning but if cancelled will try and get along.

3 and3/4 miles approx
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr has a game planned for that morning but if cancelled will try and get along.

3 and3/4 miles approx

Four bleedin' miles! Sod that : - )
  • am away that weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr has a game planned for that morning but if cancelled will try and get along.

3 and3/4 miles approx

Four bleedin' miles! Sod that : - )
    Never mind old man, I'm sure the young at heart can cover for you :)
  • Anyone want a sponsor?
    20 of the queens pounds to the first yes :)
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Anyone want a sponsor?
    YES!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Anyone want a sponsor?
    YES!

Is there a "just Giving" page set up?
    FOD, I dont see your name on the list of participants above :)
  • no sponsorship, just a straight £10 entry to the walk.

If anyone doesn't want to / can't do it, but wants to make a donation, then they can do via our Just Giving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife2009/

But if people could spare a couple of hours on a Sunday morning, i'm sure they would appreciate your support.
  • I'll try and get there - otherwise i'll donate if i cant
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I'll try and get there - otherwise i'll donate if i cant

Can you walk faster than they say you can run?:-)
  • I think my walk probably is faster than my run!!
  • Shame as I'm on hoiliday, otherwise would have dragged a few down. Enjoy the walk to all that go.
  • Sorry, but the 1st Sunday of every month I'm busy........
    Respect to everyone who does the walk tho'.
    P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler i think you had better start the walk now if your gonna finish it by lunchtime on the 2nd.. Count me in if we are going for a beer after ;-)
  • apologise but i will be seriously hungover in the morning, well done to everyone who is doing it and all the best!
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Dazzler i think you had better start the walk now if your gonna finish it by lunchtime on the 2nd

Lol
  • I'm in.
  • Me and Mrs Storry may well be tempted
  • can you just turn up ?
  • Mrs.MOG- Sandra- would like to say:

Would love to do it with you guys, but will be at the GB's meeting.
  • Is it just me or has anybody else had a problem printing an entry form from the website?

All I get is the blurb about Green Chain walks and no entry form despite the fact that one is given the illusion that the entry form is under the blurb.
  • yes Len, ended up copying the form as an image and pasting it into MS Paint then printing it from there.

Mine went off this morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Dazzler i think you had better start the walk now if your gonna finish it by lunchtime on the 2nd.. Count me in if we are going for a beer after ;-)

I'd be up for it as well if there could be a bit of a beer meet up after . I know it's been slagged off a bit of late but the beedive looks nice since the refurb and it's the closest pub as well