Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Derby County : Saturday 3rd February 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Well Dobson's absence hasn't been much of an issue that half!! 
  • Options
    Why do we set up to go behind then give it a go after we’re already behind?
  • Options
    No shots on target
  • Options
    I would say our defense has somewhat improved (minus the same basic errors of giving the ball away). 

Our issue now is that we have absolutely nothing going forward. Nothing. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Jones will be on his toes at half time
    Asking staff for cab numbers...
  • Options
    What is noticeable is our lack of width. I've counted one cross from a wing back, they are not an outlet at all. We keep playing into the middle and are easy to mark, the goal comes from that 'into the middle ball' .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No creativity. no solidity and little in the way of energy. Can't see any reason why we're going to turn this around.
  • Options
    Coventry tidy in midfield but apart from that I've seen nothing from any of the other new signings to suggest they are an upgrade. Edmonds - Green a fish out of water, Ladapo looks beyond rusty, Bakinson poor.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    where do i start? AMB can’t catch won’t catch, Gillesphey is Derby’s best player, a toothless midfield and two up front getting no service due to the long ball shite. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Our commitment to 3-5-2 without a creative midfielder/number 10 is the stupidest shit I’ve seen. 
    That’s what happens when you have a technical director who sells our best winger and commits to a formation that we don’t have correct players for. 
    Incredible some are naive enough to think this isn’t a relegation team - this one currently is. 
    If we are going to stick with this formation we need to change the midfield and start playing Kanu and drop May into the 10 if we have to. It’s clear as day.
    While we are at it, let’s give the defence some confidence and bring back Isted and drop AMB.

Completely agree.

All Derby have to do is block the line and we cannot do a thing. It's the easiest game their defence will have all season.

Making a silly mistake to concede is just the icing on the cake. Tactically inept.
  • Options
    Win today would put us 14th. All very tight.  Reading next week is a real 6 pointer.
  • Options
    The best of our play came from the passes forward of Gillesphey in the first twenty minutes. Then one goes astray, it’s punished and we went into our shell for the rest of the half.

We haven’t missed Dobson nearly as much as people thought we would.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    What is noticeable is our lack of width. I've counted one cross from a wing back, they are not an outlet at all. We keep playing into the middle and are easy to mark, the goal comes from that 'into the middle ball' .
    Can't really blame Edun or Watson. Derby have done their homework and are sitting pretty tight on them. 

Any time they get the ball the only way they can play is back to the CB. Occasionally May has tried to drop in but that has left us with nothing up top.

I can't see how we get anything from this game in a 352.
  • Options
    Blame Scott & the Board for the stupid transfer policy.

No creativity 
    No pace 
    Too many defensive midfielders. 
    Too many unfit new recruits.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 3
    I am sat in the row directly below the last executive box in alan curbishley stand

just before kickoff i turned around and saw a full room of

Jones
    scott
    methven
    dangerfield

and a few others were all in there one im guessing a close friend/agent of jones as they have been speaking alot think i recognise one possibly as one of the owners aswell

They have now closed the blinds and im sure jones is seeing if the ink is dry yet …🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Pick a team to grind and work the opposition into the ground, but lacks creativity (unless it is gifting chances to the other side) and when the inevitable happens we are meant to be shocked.
  • Options
    Blame Scott & the Board for the stupid transfer policy.

No creativity 
    No pace 
    Too many defensive midfielders. 
    Too many unfit new recruits.

I thought it was all Appletons fault?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    where do i start? AMB can’t catch won’t catch, Gillesphey is Derby’s best player, a toothless midfield and two up front getting no service due to the long ball shite. 
    Yea but apart from that.
  • Options
    Thought we were doing well up to the goal. Battling well, getting in amongst Derby, looking marginally the more threatening of both sides to create a goal. It was scrappy but we were well in it. 

Tired of saying it, but you just can’t keep making defensive fuck ups like we do, not just weekly but multiple times a match. Goals change games and that goal settled them and deflated us.

I don’t understand why we signed REG to help fix our dreadful defence and are now playing Ness with REG in midfield. 

I don’t understand why we have started with the same idea of 3 defensive midfielders when it was an abject failure last week. 

Watson (L) has to come on at halftime. We desperately need some in midfield who will run the channels a bit more and look to get into spaces to link midfield to attack.

I know he’s not the Irish Bellingham or anything like that, but I just doesn’t get why Watson isn’t being given more chances. He’s the closest we have to the profile of player yeh midfield is missing, and he hasn’t had a ton of had games for us. And he made a big difference off the bench last week. 
  • Options
    Win today would put us 14th. All very tight.  Reading next week is a real 6 pointer.
    Have they got 11 players left?
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Our commitment to 3-5-2 without a creative midfielder/number 10 is the stupidest shit I’ve seen. 

That’s what happens when you have a technical director who sells our best winger and commits to a formation that we don’t have correct players for. 

Incredible some are naive enough to think this isn’t a relegation team - this one currently is. 
    If we are going to stick with this formation we need to change the midfield and start playing Kanu and drop May into the 10 if we have to. Or let’s move to a 4-4-2 diamond which this team is better suited to - it’s clear as day! 

While we are at it, let’s give the defence some confidence and bring back Isted and drop AMB.

Fleming’s trying to improve us defensively with the midfield 3 which I get, but the balance doesn’t feel right. Just getting Watson or Fiorini in there would add something, we didn’t have to sign an out and out 10.
  • Options
    Why are we playing a centre half in midfield it's like having 6 at the back and a massive empty gap between defence and attack. Long balls and zero creativity.
    It's bonkers, isn't it with Watson sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    Nothing has changed since Appleton left
  • Options
    The best of our play came from the passes forward of Gillesphey in the first twenty minutes. Then one goes astray, it’s punished and we went into our shell for the rest of the half.

We haven’t missed Dobson nearly as much as people thought we would.
    Callum I love your positive spin on another brainless team selection and formation which gives us 0% chance of winning!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!