Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is a carvery?

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh Seth, you really don't help yourself sometimes
    I have not once mentioned vegetarianism on this thread, a bit like it not being mentioned by the caterers..

But you did get found out for pretending that you didn't know what a carvery was.
    True, eight years ago I thought it was about slicing up a swede.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh Seth, you really don't help yourself sometimes
    I have not once mentioned vegetarianism on this thread, a bit like it not being mentioned by the caterers..

But you did get found out for pretending that you didn't know what a carvery was.
    True, eight years ago I thought it was about slicing up a swede.
    Of course you did.
  • Options
    This is a new low... In a highlight reel that is full of them. 

Still though, really made me laugh so can't complain really!   :D
  • Options
    Whilst I do have some sympathy for our vegetarian & vegan brethren.........

Nah...sorry I dont.

More for us carnivores. There will still be veg on offer if you wanted to partake. Otherwise stay at home and talk to the plants.

(All.said in jest)
  • Options
    The internet has delivered an absolute belter this afternoon. 
  • Options
    The gift that keeps on giving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon there's a connection between these people who load their plates to the brim with the people who can fill skips to capacity.
  • Options
    I reckon there's a connection between these people who load their plates to the brim with the people who can fill skips to capacity.
    Is that with or without old doors up the sides?

• Options
    How can I let everyone know I’m a vegetarian/vegan episode 26.
    Episode 26 from season 18 or so, maybe…
  • Options
    How can I let everyone know I’m a vegetarian/vegan episode 26.
    Yep,kept that quiet,imagine that world,no meat and no car....its the future
  • Options
    This threads really wetted my appetite for having a carvery, cheers Seth!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Guys, guys look at me. LOOK AT MEEEEE
    I'm looking... Do I need to prod you with a stick?
  • Options
    I like Toby Carvery Welling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:
    I love roasts but hate a carvery. Poor quality meet cooked hours before and left to dry out under heated lights, over cooked veg, uncrispy roast spuds, rock hard or completely soggy yorkies. Ugh. 

With the exception of places like Hawksmoor and a few very good pubs, a roast is better cooked and eaten at home.  
    Phew, I thought it was just me.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    I love roasts but hate a carvery. Poor quality meet cooked hours before and left to dry out under heated lights, over cooked veg, uncrispy roast spuds, rock hard or completely soggy yorkies. Ugh. 

With the exception of places like Hawksmoor and a few very good pubs, a roast is better cooked and eaten at home.  
    Sounds like the roast dinners I attempt to cook lol
  • Options
    Jints said:

Totally agree. 

I did go Blackrock last week and the roast meat was exceptional, but the potatoes I could of done better indoors.
  • Options
    Roasties and Yorkshires just don't hold very well or reheat very well. Never as good as home, I agree. 
  • Options
    We had a lovely roast at The Ragged Trousers in The Pantiles Tunbridge Wells a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    I remember Carlton Cole used to enjoy a good roast 
    The only time he sweated.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    When we moved to Bromley Common in 2017 I thought we'd use the carvery there often as had always found it nice.
    We hardly used it, it became so popular that the adjacent bar became an overspill for the carvery, the place was dirty, you had to wait so long to get your food.

• Options
    I thought it was the hill JC was crucified on.

I’m sure there’s an awful ‘nailed on’ pun there somewhere but I can’t find it.